Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky #7 are still going strong !!!

Okay... want to know how the day REALLY went???

Church, lunch (salad that Earl made me... too big, tuna on top and way too much feta cheese, but it was okay), watched a little football, but no teams I was really interested in were broadcast so I had a hard time concentrating. Never did go for a walk... just a scooter ride up to the office to get yesterday's mail and around the park stopping to chat with a few people.

After that, Earl went to do laundry, so I used the opportunity to make an assault on the kitchen!! LOL! I made some KILLER White chicken Chili! Oh, my it was good!! Other than that, all I did was be on the laptop.... FB & LBT, and talk on the phone! That was good... nice chat with two friends up in WA... one was filling me in on our friend who is in ICU, probably will NOT be leaving the hospital.. don't think she can beat this, short of a miracle... kidneys shut down. The other call... connected with daughter of a former neighbor and she urged me to call her mom, so I did and we had a very enjoyable chat. Then I talked to Tracy! The rest of the afternoon was spent on the chili! Oh, my it is so good! All healthy, too! This is the official recipe, but I changed a few things.

White Chicken Chili recipe

OK - here it is. Measurements are nowhere near exact as I don't measure anything.

1 T olive oil

1 lb chicken, chunked

1 sm-med onion, chopped

1.5 c. chicken broth (I use broth, but then add a bit of "better than bouillon" over the top to amp up the flavor)

1 small bunch cilantro (about a handful, mostly leaves but stems are OK too) chopped

2 t cumin

1 t oregano

1 - 2 4oz cans chopped green chilies (or mild to hot chilies from the garden finely chopped. I generally use one can chilies and one red medium hot chili fresh - I also often add some red bell pepper for color)

2 -3 cloves garlic, minced or pressed

1/4 tsp cayenne (Add it. Trust me)

1-2 cans white Beans - Great Northern or Cannelloni (I like to mix them)

For toppings: jack cheese, sour creme and fresh chopped cilantro

Heat oil in pot and brown chicken, getting all those nice brown bits on the bottom of the pan. Remove chicken and set aside. Add a touch more oil and onions to the pan and saute a few minutes until tender. Add the chicken broth and the remainder of the veg and herbs and deglaze the pan. Simmer on med-low, covered, for 30min to 1 hr to meld well. Once melded, add the chicken and the beans and heat through.

Once warm, taste it. If it's a bit bland, add salt or better than bouillon to taste. If it needs some spice, add extra cumin, cayenne or chilies to taste.

You can substitute garlic powder for the fresh garlic and dried cilantro for the fresh, and it's OK, but it isn't the same...

Top with shredded jack cheese, sour creme and chopped fresh cilantro.

MY CHANGES:

Okay.... I didn't add the bouillon, forgot the oregano, and I didn't have any cayenne pepper so I put in about a TBsp of this HOT Garlic sauce I found when we were in Canada at that little store up in the mountains. I used 2 cans of reduced sodium chicken broth. And I did not drain the two cans of white beans. I did put in one can of black soy beans, and those were drained and rinsed. When I sauteed the onion, I added celery, chopped carrots, mushrooms, green pepper and about 5 cloves of garlic. Also added a little chili powder, and quite a bit of freshly ground pepper. Doesn't really matter what kind of cheese you put on top. The little dab of fat free sour cream really added a lot.

Phyl, I am so glad that you were able to use the "WOW" garlic sauce from the Eugenia Falls store... how cool is that!!!

I love the rest of the recipe too, I'll have to make it as PETER made chilli last week and made it so HOT that I can't eat it with m yBAND... its swells shut!:thumbup:

Say hello to Tracy

I slept in this morning and I'm still the first person here???

Okay, I guess I have to remember that Janet and Phyl are in a different time zone. Janet, I know that you are on vacation and Phyl you are retired.

I have found the perfect house. I just hope it is still available when I sell AND doesn't have any major problems. I've always wanted a 2 story farm-style house and I found one that is ALMOST perfect. I know, putting the cart before the horse and shouldn't even be daydreaming about a new place, but I have to have SOMETHING to look forward to. Something to dream about, otherwise it just all gets to depressing. Here's the listing. In a perfect world I would get enough $$ from my sale to add insulation and maybe centralaire. So tell me what you think.

MLS#903247 Stevensville Montana (Residential Property)

I hate this house... no curb appeal, Don;t like the psuedo TUDOR styling either... don't think I'd even look inside.

Here are the other ones that fit into my budget.

I like the interior on this one, but it has asbestos siding and it just doesn't sing to me. Plus it really is on the high side of my budget.

Laura Merrill MLS#905536 Stevensville Montana (Residential Property)

Now this one I like! Really cute, tidy... functional looking... do any of these properties have basements??? Are they finished or roughed in??? I agree, paint cures a lot of ills... who knows you may even like the RED once your in there.

I like this one, but it is pretty small. I think the archways are charming.

MLS#903232 Stevensville Montana (Residential Property)

BUCK STreet, too small!!!

It appears that the one and only house available in florence within my budget has sold this week. Nice....

God has a plan, I may not like the plan, but I don't really have a choice.

It is snowing....

NICE :(

Just my Humble Opinion... I vote for #2....

I love the snow, you are lucky, we still don't have any!~~:thumbup:

Just a quick ck in - Went to gym - did 4 miles - came home showered dressed went to costco - got turkey & ham etc came home put that up -then went to Winco my local market but they didn't have any dressing - so left and went to Stater Bros - got that stuff put up - ate a sweet pickle too fast - if you want to be stuck eat a sweet pickle to fast - I need to eat something before gym in 45 minutes but don't think I will - that means sucky work out -

CBL

Earl sauteed some scallops tonight... onions, mushrooms, garlic, celery. It was very good.... and some spinach , couple of bites of cole slaw. And then I slimed and pb'd! Very frustrating. Can't seem to keep down my seafood quite often. I don't know what's up with that! But it sure is annoying.

Back from the gym - drank a cup of coffee (I don't have a set bed time for 2 weeks ;0) and it went down (the pickle) - Had a good work out - I think I will be sore by Wed.. But now not hungry and by the time I am - it will be too late to cook so most likely will end up eating eggs.,

Phyl sorry about the pbing - It's just our fickle bands sometimes we are just tight or eat too fast or don't chew or the combination of it all :0)

Karla where are you - you normally post by now - I guess I am going to have to yell at Steph & Jackie & Kari - they aren't posting

We are down to Phyl, Karla, Candice & Me

Karla

On bringing the groceries in - well I went to costco and had to bring that in all by myself - not much so no biggie - but then when I got back from BIG grocery shopping - little mr andrew didn't get up to help me - and I had TONS of stuff... So don't feel like the lone ranger - it's one of those sucky things about being single - and hell my cart was full and the stupid box boys at Staters never ask would you like help out to the car...

Up where my Sis and DS live they have a store called Save Mart - they are the most friendliest and helpful you can have just a gallon of milk and they ask you if they can help you out - the are the ultimate example of great service - I want to video tape them and give it to Stater Bros to watch and learn how to treat their customers..

Janet, let me know if you can't find a fresh roast I can get you some and fast ship. It really is amazing how much better it is!

Had to make a dump run after school tonight and drove past the 1st house. No one lives in it, so I could peak into the windows. I could smell the 'old' from outside. It will have to be pretty outstanding structurally to go for it. IF it has hardwood floors through out AND good electrical and plumbing than I'll go for it. House #2 is on the high side of my budget, but it does have an unfinished basement. I hate the furnace sitting in the middle of the livingroom. That is a deal breaker for me. I can live with the asbestes sideing, but not the furnace sitting there. The owner would have to come down in price and I would have to have the funds to change the heating system.

Janet, let me know if you can't find a fresh roast I can get you some and fast ship. It really is amazing how much better it is!

Had to make a dump run after school tonight and drove past the 1st house. No one lives in it, so I could peak into the windows. I could smell the 'old' from outside. It will have to be pretty outstanding structurally to go for it. IF it has hardwood floors through out AND good electrical and plumbing than I'll go for it. House #2 is on the high side of my budget, but it does have an unfinished basement. I hate the furnace sitting in the middle of the livingroom. That is a deal breaker for me. I can live with the asbestes sideing, but not the furnace sitting there. The owner would have to come down in price and I would have to have the funds to change the heating system.

How do you know it's asbestos siding?? Ya #2 is pricey - #1 is the best price..

I'll google it right now (the coffee and see if we have it)

Back from the gym - drank a cup of coffee (I don't have a set bed time for 2 weeks ;0) and it went down (the pickle) - Had a good work out - I think I will be sore by Wed.. But now not hungry and by the time I am - it will be too late to cook so most likely will end up eating eggs.,

Phyl sorry about the pbing - It's just our fickle bands sometimes we are just tight or eat too fast or don't chew or the combination of it all :0)

Karla where are you - you normally post by now - I guess I am going to have to yell at Steph & Jackie & Kari - they aren't posting. We are down to Phyl, Karla, Candice & Me

I don't know.... tilapia, scallops and sometimes salmon seem to do it to me. I think I chewed pretty good... and I usually eat pretty slowly. I think I'll have a cup of tea. Then maybe the rest of it will go down.

On bringing the groceries in - well I went to costco and had to bring that in all by myself - not much so no biggie - but then when I got back from BIG grocery shopping - little mr andrew didn't get up to help me - and I had TONS of stuff... So don't feel like the lone ranger - it's one of those sucky things about being single - and hell my cart was full and the stupid box boys at Staters never ask would you like help out to the car...

Up where my Sis and DS live they have a store called Save Mart - they are the most friendliest and helpful you can have just a gallon of milk and they ask you if they can help you out - the are the ultimate example of great service - I want to video tape them and give it to Stater Bros to watch and learn how to treat their customers..

You should speak to the manager at Stater Bros! That needs to change! Of course, Walmart doesn't offer, but I think when we go to Von's they do. As for Andrew... what I used to do when our kids were in their teens... if they were home when I came home with groceries... I'd sit in the garage and honk the horn.. That meant they better come down and help me!! LOL

And that reminds me of a good story! Earl used to LOVE Plymouth Valiants. Our very first one was a 1969 that we bought a few months before Jodie was born. She was well in to her teens and we still had it! He didn't want to give it up. He used it for work. Then one day it wouldn't go in reverse anymore. So we had to make sure we never got in a situation where we had to back up. And when we got home, we'd pull up in front of the house and honk the horn until a couple of kids came out to push us backwards in to the driveway so it would be already to pull out forward next time we went out! That didn't last very long, though. He finally broke down and traded it in. I think that's when we got our VW bus... which we needed because we had 4 teenagers at the time!

Okay... end of long story. A little trivia for you.

Okay, here I am. Since you came and got me over at FB, I decided I'd better get my rear end over here before I ended up in some deep doodoo.

Things pretty busy here. We never made it to Frankenmuth or the Birch Run Outlets on our anniversary. My friend Sarah had C-diff and the antibiotics weren't working and she was dehydrated something fierce. So, spent the day in the ER with her and it was too late once I got home. Went up to see the grandkids, trying to finish three throws for my sisters' kids for Christmas. (which is in two weeks) Computer's been down on dial up and to be honest, I don't really have anything to say. (my life is so exciting. NOT). I haven't even been lurking. And, I'm getting the impression that DH wants to pick a fight............MEN!!!

Phyl - you ought to try my chicken chile. Talk about easy. Brown your chicken and onion. Add a jar of Northern Beans (with sauce) and one jar of salso. That's it. You can spice it up if you want but I use hot or medium salso so it doesn't need it. Top with fat free sour cream and reduced fat cheese. Almost as easy as TV dinners. LOL

Carla, since I just got my high speed back, I will check out those houses one of these nights when the cat wakes me up and I have free download time (2-7am) And I will let you know which one I like.

Candice, are you having beautiful weather up there in Canada? I can't believe how nice it is here. Even wore shorts to the gym today and didn't freeze my butt off.

Hey Everybody,

Haven't been here in awhile, but I've been around.

What's wrong with Sheba?

I'm off all week. Yeah! DH is finished putting in all the wood floor upstairs. I bought DS a new captain's bed. I painted it black today, and all the other furniture in his room black. We did his walls gray, furniture black, and maybe red curtains.

I have more stuff to paint tomorrow. A china cabinet from my Mom, I wanna paint white. A cedar chest from DH's Mom, I wanna paint white. Then I have to go do the groceries. I'm tired just thinking about it.

Hope everyone is doing well.

How is Michael? He is home now?

DH just came downstairs and said, "You missed one light upstairs." I said, what do you mean? He said, "You forgot to put one on." I'm too tired for this constant bitching! fishwife!

Phyl love that story about reverse - Sometime my little boy is a pain in the butt - but I just looked at it as exercise :0) You know me the exercise queen (well I get that title since our little karri isn't around ;o) but you are catching up with me on that one too :0)

Okay, here I am. Since you came and got me over at FB, I decided I'd better get my rear end over here before I ended up in some deep doodoo.

Things pretty busy here. We never made it to Frankenmuth or the Birch Run Outlets on our anniversary. My friend Sarah had C-diff and the antibiotics weren't working and she was dehydrated something fierce. So, spent the day in the ER with her and it was too late once I got home. Went up to see the grandkids, trying to finish three throws for my sisters' kids for Christmas. (which is in two weeks) Computer's been down on dial up and to be honest, I don't really have anything to say. (my life is so exciting. NOT). I haven't even been lurking. And, I'm getting the impression that DH wants to pick a fight............MEN!!!

Phyl - you ought to try my chicken chile. Talk about easy. Brown your chicken and onion. Add a jar of Northern Beans (with sauce) and one jar of salso. That's it. You can spice it up if you want but I use hot or medium salso so it doesn't need it. Top with fat free sour cream and reduced fat cheese. Almost as easy as TV dinners. LOL

Carla, since I just got my high speed back, I will check out those houses one of these nights when the cat wakes me up and I have free download time (2-7am) And I will let you know which one I like.

Candice, are you having beautiful weather up there in Canada? I can't believe how nice it is here. Even wore shorts to the gym today and didn't freeze my butt off.

Yes dear you can't leave us... Shorts ?? Heck I wore yoga pants and a hoodie today food shopping - the grocery stores are cold ;0)

Glad to hear you went to the gym ;0)

What are you doing for turkey day??

Just tell DH - I love you - and maybe he will back off :0)

Hey Everybody,

Haven't been here in awhile, but I've been around.

What's wrong with Sheba?

I'm off all week. Yeah! DH is finished putting in all the wood floor upstairs. I bought DS a new captain's bed. I painted it black today, and all the other furniture in his room black. We did his walls gray, furniture black, and maybe red curtains.

I have more stuff to paint tomorrow. A china cabinet from my Mom, I wanna paint white. A cedar chest from DH's Mom, I wanna paint white. Then I have to go do the groceries. I'm tired just thinking about it.

Hope everyone is doing well.

How is Michael? He is home now?

DH just came downstairs and said, "You missed one light upstairs." I said, what do you mean? He said, "You forgot to put one on." I'm too tired for this constant bitching! fishwife!

Denise - so glad you stopped by... You must be in a painting mood :0)

Sheba got fixed :thumbup: no more kittens in her future :(

Hows things w/your DS - better I hope

We haven't heard from Steph lately - last I knew he's still in the boys home/Ranch... I think the counseling is going well..

Men - tell him you couldn't reach - ;o)

What are you doing for turkey day??

Ok Jackie & Steph you are the only 2 missing..

Janet, regarding the asbestos siding, the owner has to identify any known problems, like a high radon test, mold, or asbestos. I know I shouldn't even be browsing until I get some movement on my house. Everyone says mine looks good, but the time of year is so lousy. No one is going to think about buying a house in the dead of winter and during the holidays. I need to just accept that.

I'm sitting here grading papers, bleck. I'm really behind on everything. Hopefully will get some breathing room over the weekend. I still haven't written my unit for my master's program and need to plan a unit for after the holiday. Then head into the Christmas sew-a-thon. All I really want to do is go to bed. I'm really tired.

Janet, regarding the asbestos siding, the owner has to identify any known problems, like a high radon test, mold, or asbestos. I know I shouldn't even be browsing until I get some movement on my house. Everyone says mine looks good, but the time of year is so lousy. No one is going to think about buying a house in the dead of winter and during the holidays. I need to just accept that.

I'm sitting here grading papers, bleck. I'm really behind on everything. Hopefully will get some breathing room over the weekend. I still haven't written my unit for my master's program and need to plan a unit for after the holiday. Then head into the Christmas sew-a-thon. All I really want to do is go to bed. I'm really tired.

Then go to bed and get up early to finish - and nothing wrong with looking..

Now here is a perfect house. It would be about a 20 mile drive to work, but it is a real charmer. But again, the price is on the high side of my budget, but maybe if it is still available I'll offer about $135,000.

MLS#907165 Corvallis Montana (Residential Property)