Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky #7 are still going strong !!!

Walked my 3 miles. Got some Soup on the stove and a latte at my elbow. I'm going to Celebrate the little things.

Karri, glad you checked in. Sounds like you are working hard.

I need to do some reading for my master's class. I'm telling myself that just because I don't have to pay for it, doesn't mean I don't do my best. Right now my focus sucks.

Need to figure out how to teach earth science with zero materials. Yeah, teach about rocks and minerals with a rock or a mineral. Teach about mapping without a map or globe. Should just be a blast. But if the school doesn't feel the program needs materials, there isn't anything I can do about it. Maybe when the superintendent's kid AND the high school principals kid complains some money will come through. We can afford to put a teacher on 2 weeks of administrative leave while they 'investigate' whether she 'delibrately' scratched a kid. Hum...a sub costs $70 a day, and they paid for 10 days worth, $700 would have bought a lot of science materials. But it makes my job easier, if I don't have supplies, I don't have to do labs. I refuse to pay for anything myself. For one, I can't afford it, for another, schools rely on teachers buying what they need and spend their money elsewhere. How about an $8000 Adobe program that no one knows how to use, or a pitching machine that is set up only for 'little league'. Or the 8 football coaches? Hey we aren't here to teach, we are here to entertain.

Just ate and entire box of girl scout cookies.....

Candice - I don't mind a paying for a second room - I smoke and wake up earlier than you - ck the hotel in old down town - gold nugget - they have nice rooms and some times the hotels on fremont street are cheaper.. And I want a room that has a coffee pot !!! What dates are you looking at

Ya friday or monday - sounds good...

I wanna wait until I get my H1N1 flu virus Vaccine... then I'll travel... You mentioned that Dec was very busy at your work, is that right? So perhaps Jan

Hi gang! Sorry I have been MIA. My uncle passed away last night. 37 years old with 5 children and passed on from lung cancer. I had been out with the girls drinking and playing beer pong when I got the call. Thank goodness I had slowed way down and started sobering. Terrible night.

Court is doing wonderful with the healing . She is having some pain tonight but I think she over did last night when my cousins little boyu wanted up on the couch and Court tried to help him by pulling him up. Now she is hurting on the one side so taking it easy today and taking some pain meds.

I brought my mother home to stay with me until after funeral and then for a while afterwards. As I have told you all before she has severe depression and does not deal with stress and life very well. It has been many years since she tried to committ suicide but I will take no chances. Been very quiet at my house today. Mom and Court have slept alot and Austin was with my brohter. I cleaned the house and made a casserole to take to my aunt and her children and then made some home made potato ham Soup.

Very tired tonight and getting ready to head to bed. Did not get home from uncles house until 6 this morning and back up at 9am so time to rest.

Situation with hubby is same. No luck yet on the house hunt. I filled out loan papers to borrow to buy and hopefully I am approved. I will find out Monday or Tuesday and if I am approved they will give me an amount to stick within while searching for a house. Cross your fingers for us.

If I am not on in the next few days I am just busy with the caous right now. Take care everyone!!

Love you all.

Just ate and entire box of girl scout cookies.....

:confused: Uh oh... a bad food day... it's o.k. and now its over... have a good sleep tonight and start afresh tomorrow..

I had a minibinge today myself... had a couple of good, clean ON PROGRAM days... then today....blecht:sneaky:

I was up at 530 a.m. to drive to T0ront fo

r my course in Advanced Laser Therapy... it was a GREAT day, learned TONs... but they had donuts at their break time .... I was only able to chug down 1/2 my shake this a.m. at 6... so my 10.30 I was HUNGRY, ate the damn donut.... thn lunch was not too bad. 1/2 tuna sandwich, 1/2 small bag of chips. Then driving home... the sugar cravings started...

oh well," tomorrow's another day" as Scarlet OHara once said:mellow:

DH is gone for the week on a business trip to Vancouver Island, he's stAYING an extra day to visit his long lost brother... who he hasn't seen in 35 yrs... I told you that story a couple months ago...

Kids are IN Mexico right now, starting their honeymoon, sure hope they have a blast and that her HORMONE RING falls Out!!!! while she is there:redface:

Going to bed soon, although I'm not really all that tired right now....

Yeah tomorrow is another day. I will need to get back on the program. I didn't pay all this money to gain back the weight. I just can't stop beating myself up over why I didn't call him years ago. I miss him, I want him back, and it pisses me off that it is too late. Its not fair, I thought there was time. I figured I'd loose some more weight then call him and find out if he had someone and if not I was going to invite him up to Montana. Nothing is making me feel better. I tried food, I tried exercise, there isn't anything else that is going to work.

Yeah tomorrow is another day. I will need to get back on the program. I didn't pay all this money to gain back the weight. I just can't stop beating myself up over why I didn't call him years ago. I miss him, I want him back, and it pisses me off that it is too late. Its not fair, I thought there was time. I figured I'd loose some more weight then call him and find out if he had someone and if not I was going to invite him up to Montana. Nothing is making me feel better. I tried food, I tried exercise, there isn't anything else that is going to work.

cdzf

wrong keys

Dear Karla; Nothing will make you feel "better" right away... you are greiving... there are several steps in the Greiving processStages

1. Denial"I feel fine."; "This can't be happening, not to me."
    Denial is usually only a temporary defense for the individual. This feeling is generally replaced with heightened awareness of situations and individuals that will be left behind after death.[1]
  2. Anger"Why me? It's not fair!"; "How can this happen to me?"; "Who is to blame?"
    Once in the second stage, the individual recognizes that denial cannot continue. Because of anger, the person is very difficult to care for due to misplaced feelings of rage and envy. Any individual that symbolizes life or energy is subject to projected resentment and jealousy.[1]
  3. Bargaining"Just let me live to see my children graduate."; "I'll do anything for a few more years."; "I will give my life savings if..."
    The third stage involves the hope that the individual can somehow postpone or delay death. Usually, the negotiation for an extended life is made with a higher power in exchange for a reformed lifestyle. Psychologically, the person is saying, "I understand I will die, but if I could just have more time..."[1]
  4. Depression"I'm so sad, why bother with anything?"; "I'm going to die . . . What's the point?"; "I miss my loved one, why go on?"
    During the fourth stage, the dying person begins to understand the certainty of death. Because of this, the individual may become silent, refuse visitors and spend much of the time crying and grieving. This process allows the dying person to disconnect oneself from things of love and affection. It is not recommended to attempt to cheer up an individual who is in this stage. It is an important time for grieving that must be processed.[1]
  5. Acceptance"It's going to be okay."; "I can't fight it, I may as well prepare for it."
    This final stage comes with peace and understanding of the death that is approaching. Generally, the person in the fifth stage will want to be left alone. Additionally, feelings and physical pain may be non-existent. This stage has also been described as the end of the dying struggle.[1]

Kübler-Ross originally applied these stages to people suffering from terminal illness, and later to any form of catastrophic personal loss (job, income, freedom).[1] This may also include significant life events such as the death of a loved one, divorce, drug addiction, or an infertility diagnosis.

Kübler-Ross claimed these steps do not necessarily come in the order noted above, nor are all steps experienced by all patients, though she stated a person will always experience at least two. Often, people will experience several stages in a "roller coaster" effect - switching between two or more stages, returning to one or more several times before working through it.[1]

Significantly, people experiencing the stages should not force the process. The grief process is highly personal and should not be rushed, nor lengthened, on the basis of an individual's imposed time frame or opinion. One should merely be aware that the stages will be worked through and the ultimate stage of "Acceptance" will be reached.

Karla, Sure hope you're feeling better today and having a better day. We really do care!

Hugs!

Whats been up with LBT today? I tried a couple of times to get on... and nothing...

Where is everybody?

Drive by post. I'm home. Glad to be here. I am dying to crawl into my own bed.

Will talk to you ladies tomorrow. Hugs Karla. There are a hundred lost opportunities in each of our lives. Many don't touch us deeply, others do. This one is big for you and my heart hurts for you. Resolve yourself that this is a wake up call to not let more days go by without making the call, saying the words, or doing the thing. Live life like you may not get another day to do so. Again, hugs to you darling. I hurt for you.

Drive by post. I'm home. Glad to be here. I am dying to crawl into my own bed.

Will talk to you ladies tomorrow. Hugs Karla. There are a hundred lost opportunities in each of our lives. Many don't touch us deeply, others do. This one is big for you and my heart hurts for you. Resolve yourself that this is a wake up call to not let more days go by without making the call, saying the words, or doing the thing. Live life like you may not get another day to do so. Again, hugs to you darling. I hurt for you.

Stephanie; how was your birthday dinner with Michael???

Back on the food program, in fact haven't been able to eat much today, everything is sticking. I did call Jeff's brother and left a message asking him if he would send me some pictures and the wedding ring I bought Jeff. I don't know if he will send them, but I'd like to have the rings together as a pair. They have little or no value because neither of us had much money when we bought them. Maybe a couple of hundred all together. But as Steph says, use this as a reminder to not let moments pass. The rings will be a good reminder.

Steph, glad you made it home safe. Fill us in on the birthday dinner.

Thanks everyone for the support. I appreciate it. And I learned something. I can 'fall off the wagon' and get back on. Usually when I fail I never get back to eating right. However, I do need to do some retraining with my kids. They knew how upset I was so the showered me with chocolate gifts. So the bag of chocolate kisses will go in the freezer.

Well going to watch Three Rivers. TTFN

This has been a terrible weekend for me foodwise! Too many temptations here! That spaghetti dinner for the football teams Thursday night, complete with brownies that came home with us. Out to lunch next day with BIL & SIL. Fast food before the football game that night, pizza after the soccer game on Saturday and more pizza for dinner... Well, I couldn't eat it last night, though. Ended up eating a small amount of left over spaghetti that was mostly sauce and meat. Today... football day.. they were having chips and dip for lunch. DIL made bean dip but it had refired Beans in it, a block of cream cheese, sour cream and pico. She topped it with shredded lettuce, so I had some of it without the chips. Tonight we had BBQ short ribs and mashed potatoes.. another of my weaknesses! We leave in the morning and I get back on my PLAN!!! I feel so guilty for all the bad stuff I ate this weekend! DGD made brownies this afternoon, too!

Phyl, you'll get back on track!!! It's tough when you aren't doing your own cooking. Plus family wants to shower you with 'love' and we all know that means food. Plus now that you can exercise more, the weight will just fall off.

Back to school today, and don't have a single thing ready, oh well. I'll get it together today. Then come home, work out and eat some tilapia. That's the plan anyway.

You all have a good day. TTFN

Edited by cramerk

just drinking my Protien shake right now and waitig for hair to dry in rollers.

I made my ONe Pot Wonder last night... I'll eat it for the whole week I think.

Lentils, RIce, chicken, onion & Garlic, curry powder, raisins..... its really yummy.. so i am taking some for work today.

It's MONDAY, and accountability day girls....lets get onboard together!!!

Didn't weigh myself today, don't want to know the damage!!

CBL