Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky #7 are still going strong !!!

Just found out an old friend, actually an old love died in May. It was a wonderful man that I was engaged to when I lived in Nevada. I dated him after my divorce and we planned on getting married, but 2 weeks before the wedding, he got busted for drugs. I didn't even know he used. Despite the drugs, he was the one man who loved me for who I was and never tried to control me. But because of the drug bust we couldn't get married because my 2 youngest girls were still young and I couldn't run the risk of their dad using that to take them away. Yep I still loved him, but only called him when his dad died a few years ago. I figured that he had moved on with his life and I was the only one who had some feelings. He died alone. I'm trying to get up the nerve to call his brother and find out what happened. He was only 51. Damn, I'm mad...talk about would haves and should haves. He tried to get into a drug treatment center, but they told him he didn't have enough of an addiction to be given a bed.

Hey guys, I just called Linda to see how she was doing... busy, busy with school and students... she is o.k. .... but had to put her doggie down yesterday..very sad but her "Pup" was 18 yrs old!!!

Hello everyone. Just checking in again. Just returned home from a late meeting. Yucky rain and snow going on. IT'S OCTOBER!!! Way to early for that. Gonna be a long winter.

Peaches excellent food choices today. Your supper sounds yummy. I am hungry.

Karla so sorry to hear of your past love. HUGS again today. Girl you can't catch a break today!

Janet I am so envious of your weather right now. I am supposed to come to LA to visit a cousin sometime and I am thinking it has to be when it is cold here so I can get away from it. LOL

Well off to watch Greys and Private Practice.

Have a great night everyone!

Janet, technically the timezone map only shows us as 1 hour different, but it appears that it is 2 hours apart. Do you guys to the Daylight savings time, the 'spring forward' or 'fall back'? I know that Arizona doesn't do it. So probably you guys don't either, so you will catch up with us in a few weeks. That or I went at the wrong time. Yeah that's my luck.

Dozed off and on most of the afternoon. Finally got rid of my headache. Big accomplishment, loaded & ran the dishwasher. whup whup.

Just found out an old friend, actually an old love died in May. It was a wonderful man that I was engaged to when I lived in Nevada. I dated him after my divorce and we planned on getting married, but 2 weeks before the wedding, he got busted for drugs. I didn't even know he used. Despite the drugs, he was the one man who loved me for who I was and never tried to control me. But because of the drug bust we couldn't get married because my 2 youngest girls were still young and I couldn't run the risk of their dad using that to take them away. Yep I still loved him, but only called him when his dad died a few years ago. I figured that he had moved on with his life and I was the only one who had some feelings. He died alone. I'm trying to get up the nerve to call his brother and find out what happened. He was only 51. Damn, I'm mad...talk about would haves and should haves. He tried to get into a drug treatment center, but they told him he didn't have enough of an addiction to be given a bed.

Karla yes we do the spring forward - if you posted at 10 my time the it was 11 your time.. so you did go at the right time You said FH was a fireman - were there any fires going on??

Hugs about your xbf - I understand where you are coming from - I had one like that - and after 7.5 yrs I said good bye cuz I wanted more from life - he died a few yrs later in Oct 95 as a result of his drug use 37 yrs old - I was 3 yrs older - but he was the one guy who accepted Joseph & Andrew - in fact he loved Andrew so much that if he woke up at night he would go get him and put him in bed w/us - and on Friday nites we would go out to dinner - we always took Andrew.. Ralph my xdh - would never do that he was super jealous of Andrew - Ya he had a job - car - house didin't have a drinking or drug problem - but was still a butthead - he had jealousy & control issues..

Sorry you have had such a shitty day.....

Yeah its THURSDAY, no more work this week... and it was payday too!!

Ate shake for breaky, shake for lunch, dinner was rotiserie chicken on salad, yep I said SALAD... I havn't eaten salad and kept it down since before banding... whoo-hoo... then I ate 2 tblspns of Couscous/chick pea salad.... yummy!

now drinking tea for the evening... feel pretty good today, but I got a little bitchy with the dumn dumn at work.... but that's o.k. she had it coming... and she is leaaving in 2 weeks!!!! Yeah, she' moving to the UAE... the other side of the freeking world....that's where you send people you don't like.... ah.... the SECRET at work. hee,hee,hee

Janet; I'm getting FREE room deals from a couple of hotels in Vegas.... hummmm?????

Hey guys, I just called Linda to see how she was doing... busy, busy with school and students... she is o.k. .... but had to put her doggie down yesterday..very sad but her "Pup" was 18 yrs old!!!

Candice

I eat salads - never had a problem - Yes good food day..

Just let me know about Vegas (dates) I'll be there..

Glad Linda's doing ok - but oh so said about her baby - I bet she's torn up..

OMW we know not to get on your bad side with the secert weapon lol

Hello everyone. Just checking in again. Just returned home from a late meeting. Yucky rain and snow going on. IT'S OCTOBER!!! Way to early for that. Gonna be a long winter.

Peaches excellent food choices today. Your supper sounds yummy. I am hungry.

Karla so sorry to hear of your past love. HUGS again today. Girl you can't catch a break today!

Janet I am so envious of your weather right now. I am supposed to come to LA to visit a cousin sometime and I am thinking it has to be when it is cold here so I can get away from it. LOL

Well off to watch Greys and Private Practice.

Have a great night everyone!

Jackie - LA isn't as hot as us - but it doesn't snow - so for you it would be warm lol

Well had to go to the bank and deposit my paycheck - since I had to get new accounts and change my direct deposit - the 1st check is a regular check - Now I have to call and make sure they take out for my xmas & savings account - didn't think of that that day I was at the bank.

Then went to costco - to get some lamb - then realized I no longer had a costco card - so had to get a new one - ugly picture - got my lamb then put it on the bbq and started playing scrabble w/phyl on fb and forgot all about my lamb chops - thankfully they aren't burned to a crispt but they are well done ;0(.,

Quiet night...I accomplished nothing today, so hopefully tomorrow will be better. Stuck on dinner, oh well. I know I need to be positive about life, but it is hard tonight. I want to start the next stage of life, but it seems like fate has me stuck. I used the Secret this morning and it didn't work. Just ignore me, I guess I have to have a bit of a pity party. You all are great, but I am giving up. I will just live out my life as it is.

Quiet night...I accomplished nothing today, so hopefully tomorrow will be better. Stuck on dinner, oh well. I know I need to be positive about life, but it is hard tonight. I want to start the next stage of life, but it seems like fate has me stuck. I used the Secret this morning and it didn't work. Just ignore me, I guess I have to have a bit of a pity party. You all are great, but I am giving up. I will just live out my life as it is.

Darling - we were posting the same time - Sweetie it will get better - I know today isn't a good day for you and it seems like if it aint one thing its another - but it has to get better - come on one day at a time.. We'll get you a man - it may be a while - but once we are out there vamping in our rv - we wil find you someone - and then I will be all alone ...

So sorry for your crappy day, Karla!! Don't give up!

So tired. Got to DS's about noon. Walked around the block... long walk. Had two cards to mail. Steps here, and I'm trying hard to step up with the new knee. It's hard. No strength in that leg. So.. then we helped DIL with spaghetti dinner for 70 football players! Now I'm super tired and my knee hurts! finally getting some recliner time, but may need to take some ibuprofen!

So sorry for your crappy day, Karla!! Don't give up!

So tired. Got to DS's about noon. Walked around the block... long walk. Had two cards to mail. Steps here, and I'm trying hard to step up with the new knee. It's hard. No strength in that leg. So.. then we helped DIL with spaghetti dinner for 70 football players! Now I'm super tired and my knee hurts! finally getting some recliner time, but may need to take some ibuprofen!

Ya Phyl sound like you need to kick back a little - it will get better the more you walk the strong it will get - heck how many weeks since surgery - you are doing great

well I am signing off for the night - it's 7:50 and I need to eat my burnt lamb chops - and butternut squash ;0)

Good Morning Gang...

Karla - how are you doing today?? What are your plans for the day...

Well not much to report - went to the gym this a.m did my 3 miles - last night skipped my Protein (lamb) -did eat veggies (butternut squash) to eat ice cream (bryers lite 80 cal 1/2 cup had 1 cup with some neslte quick sprinkled on top) then 2 graham crackers w/peanut butter - so I guess I did get some Protein ..

Well we are having some mandatory meeting this a.m. sound like they might be furrloughing us?? Well at 11:45 will find out...

CBL

Janet, does furlough me 'laid off'? Oh girl I hope not!

I'm okay, I'd like to find out how he died. I called his brother and left a message, but don't know if he will return my call. I AM going to get something accomplished today. Just haven't figured out what yet.

Sitting here drinking my latte, I do make a good one. Then eat some Breakfast, then throw a roast in the crockpot. Need to run to the store and get some carrots.

Phyl, sounds like you need to kick back a little.

Candice thanks for the IM last night.

Janet, I may give you a call tonight, just needing a chat.

Check in later. TTFN

Janet, does furlough me 'laid off'? Oh girl I hope not!

I'm okay, I'd like to find out how he died. I called his brother and left a message, but don't know if he will return my call. I AM going to get something accomplished today. Just haven't figured out what yet.

Sitting here drinking my latte, I do make a good one. Then eat some Breakfast, then throw a roast in the crockpot. Need to run to the store and get some carrots.

Phyl, sounds like you need to kick back a little.

Candice thanks for the IM last night.

Janet, I may give you a call tonight, just needing a chat.

Check in later. TTFN

Karla - Ya I will be home tonite :0) I will be home by 4:30 California time - so call anytime after that - You have my # from your caller id don't you it no I will p.m. you

Good Morning!

Pain pill to sleep last night for the first time in a couple of weeks. But didn't want to take any chances on not being able to sleep and still having discomfort in the knee after ibuprofen. Read for a little while, then slept like a log all night. Parked at BIL's until tomorrow. Military housing... we used to park in front of DS's quarters the whole time we're in the area, but two years ago they started giving us trouble about it. DIL bargained with the housing lady and talked to all her neighbors and they all said it's okay for us to park there on the weekend. In the meantime, we're 4 1/2 miles away at Earl's brother's house. That works, too, but I like being where the kids are. I love it when they (including DIL) come out to the RV in their jammies in the morning to talk to us, kids give us hugs before they go to school, etc. and I can watch TV with DIL & DS as long as I want without Earl whining that he's tired. He just goes outside and goes to bed! So, happy to move over there tomorrow.

lunch with BIL & SIL today. Earl is inside visiting with them now. I'm still in my nightgown watching the Today show. I guess I should get dressed and be sociable!! Haven't seen them yet because they were gone when we got here yesterday and then we left. It was late when we got back... almost 11 pm, and dark inside.

DGS big football game tonight... against the best team in the area, so it will probably be a slaughter, but hopefully, he doesn't get hurt!! He's the QB. He's over 6 ft, but not too hefty! Worry about him!

Tomorrow morning, DGD has soccer game. She's just turned 13 yrs. And she keeps getting more and more taller than me!! Only grandkids shorter than me now are the four under 10 yrs old!

Earl is going with DS#1 to airfield in the morning when we go to soccer. Organization called EAS does free flights for kids once or twice a year so Chris will be flying kids in his plane and Earl is supposed to help. He'll probably get a ride, too, before they come home.

Then Sunday, it'll be NFL day in the house! They all put on their Seahawks shirts and watch football all day.

Monday morning we head south again. Next stop Gilroy.... garlic store and my favorite Salvation Army store!! LOL

Got a return call from my old love's brother. I guess he was killed in a motorcycle accident and that he still loved me and talked about me frequently. He had beaten the drugs and had found some peace in his church. Both of us had thought the other had moved on, but neither of us had. I guess my life is a soap opera. So I'll cry for awhile and then go forward. His brother appreciated my call and is having a rough time of it. So when you find happiness hold onto it tight and never let it go. Jackie, do what you have to so that you can find happiness. Live your life without regrets! It's the 'would haves' and 'should haves' that you don't want later.

Got a return call from my old love's brother. I guess he was killed in a motorcycle accident and that he still loved me and talked about me frequently. He had beaten the drugs and had found some peace in his church. Both of us had thought the other had moved on, but neither of us had. I guess my life is a soap opera. So I'll cry for awhile and then go forward. His brother appreciated my call and is having a rough time of it. So when you find happiness hold onto it tight and never let it go. Jackie, do what you have to so that you can find happiness. Live your life without regrets! It's the 'would haves' and 'should haves' that you don't want later.

So sorry, Karla! Sure having a string of gut wrenching incidents lately! Know there's nothing we can do to help, but we're here for you, we care, and I'm keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

36_2_80.gif

Wallered in some Russel Stovers chocolate now going for a walk. Had 4 pieces, yep I know, shouldn't have, but its done and over with and I don't want anymore so it won't be a problem. Use to eat the entire box, so in comparison 4 pieces is better. Have a roast and carrots in the crockpot, accomplished nothing today other than giving myself puffy eyes and a headache. So hopefully the walk will clear the head and the heart a little bit. Thanks for listening, its time to put a wall around it and lock the door. Nothing can be gained from wishing things were different. Life goes on.