Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky #7 are still going strong !!!

Hi ladies. I didn't check in yesterday. I was going to tell you about my therapy.

We had a good talk about things. She gave me a lot of things to think about. We talked about my constant worrying about if I am doing the right thing or if I'm a good parent or if I've made the right choice. That seems to be a big issue for me. I need to be able to be comfortable with my decisions and stay strong. Because I'm always waffling the kids are able to twist and turn me and tie me up in knots. We talked about why I don't feel so helpless in my classroom. That I don't doubt I'm doing it right there. I am confident. So why do I feel that way with all those other kids and yet with my own, I'm a nut case. Lots to think about and lots to work on.

Talked to the guy who has day shift in Michael's lodge. He doesn't seem to want to talk to me so I just wanted to check on him. The guy says he seems to be doing good. Making friends and settling. I'm glad. I sent him a birthday card today. We are going to take him to dinner next Friday. He has a 3 hour pass for that. I'm looking forward to it, but glad it is only 3 hours. More than that and it will probably be fighting.

Okay. There were other things I wanted to talk about, but oh well. I'll chat later. Hugs to all of you!

Jackie, one of the reasons I buy a lot of tops on QVC is because the plus size styles are the regular styles....so I don't have that problem. I too like the plus styles better in the stores. Oh well...we will get through that too.

I saw the pics on Facebook. I thought it was really cute except the MILF comment. That would have really bothered me. the rest...hilarious! I'm glad the girls had fun. Can tell you guys have a GREAT relationship. Treasure it!

Steph~yeah I couldn't believe the MILF part either. My girlfriend looked at me and said 'what the hell if MILF?' I was so embarrassed to tell her and laughing.

Yes Court and I are finally in a good place with our relationship. We had it VERY rocky since she was 14-15 years old. She has grown alot as have I. She is more mature and sees why I wouldn't let her do this and that and etc.

I feel really good about how things are between us. She calls me when she is away just to say Hi or What are you doing. We have found that closeness we used to have. My son on the other hand is 16 and 1/2 and unfortunately I am going through the same issues with him as I did with Court. No respect, thinks he can do what he wants and etc. I know you all know what I am talking about. Can't wait to get to this stage with him.

Hi Everyone, I have been reading for over an hour. Man, am I behind. My laptop has been broken for 2 wks. A teacher is fixing it. She told me I would get it last Friday, then she said this Friday. I'm still waiting.

Candice- Your quilt is beautiful! Marshmellows- did you ever see the toasted coconut ones, DH like those.

Karla- Congrats on the Master's program. And I have been known to Febreeze my little stink bomb quite often. I love him to death, but damn he's a stinky dog.

Phly- I can remember when you were depressed to leave the campground just a few mts. back.

Jackie- So happy Courtney is doing well.

Steph- Prayers to you honey, you're going through tough times. I hope this works for him.

Janet- OMG!!!!!! Someone went in your house while you were sleeping. OMG!!!! Fire those watch dogs! We just got our alarm fixed from the June 08 lightening strike. It's gonna be 16 a mt. for monitoring. I wanted to be able to lock DS in every night, but we would have to change the code continually and not tell him.

Not a good morning - woke up this morning to my purse being stolen - yes that's right someone walked in my house last night while we were asleep and stole my purse... Gold Bracelet & $100 cash all my credit cards - cell phone and what ever else was in my purse - my back door latch is messed up and if you don't push it hard it doesn't lock -

I woke up I think at 2 a.m. to take angel out -noticed that my cigs weren't on the patio table but didn't give it much thought - well this morning when I got up at 5 - I looked and my purse wasn't on the back of the chair where I always keep it.

Called the cops - they came - took finger prints and then called cc companys cancelled cards - been to the bank closed account and got new acct #..

Waiting for alarm pple to call - I'm not leaving until my alarm is repaired - it does work local alarm - but I guess I will pay the $36 a month for 2 yrs for it to be montiored...

Lucky that we weren't hurt - lesson learned - make sure doors are always locked...

I have emailed you guys for your #'s cuz they are gone and I need them

ttyl hugs j

Ah Janet, that is horrible.. I am glad you both slept thru the whole thing.. so scarry.

THe dogs didn't bark or anything"??? SO weird

I am very glad all they took was your purse EXTRA BIG HUGS:tt1:

Quick check in. No computer for a couple of days. At DD #2 today... Grandparents' Day at Thomas' pre-school, then to lunch with DD & all three kids and three old friends of mine from when we lived here in the 80's. Geez... THEY'RE getting OLD!! LOL... they are all about 10 yrs older than me, so I saw myself 10 yrs from now and took some mental notes! :thumbup:

Then... babysitting the REST of the day! A little annoyed that DD & SIL didn't think maybe they should stay home and spend the afternoon/evening with us! NO... oh, you're going to stay in the RV down here... oh, well we haven't had a chance to go to dinner and a movie in a LONG time. I don't have much patience today, so I have not appreciated being stepped on, tripped over, fell on, and everyone else gets to watch what they want to watch on TV... news for grandpa, after Charly monopolized the TV with XBox all afternoon, and then nagged me the whole time I was trying to watch Grey's Anatomy (recorded last night) because he wanted to watch Myth Busters! GRRRR!! So I guess I don't get to see Private Practice. Yes, grandma is a bit cranky tonight!

Yes, nice to have sleep number bed in the RV, too, but it's not quite the same. It's on wood platform instead of the usual sleep # box. Don't know why that should make a difference, but i seem to get shoulder aches sleeping on it and I don't at home. I'l get used to it.. just takes a few nights of tossing and turning. Plus it's been pretty cold out there! Heat is too intense if we put it on very high, so we keep it on low if at all. I think it's a cheaper model than the one at home because it's just not as comfortable. I'l tell you what is pretty neat.. I fit sideways on the couch and don't necessarly have to put the foot rest out. More comfortable than the foot rest, too.

But, we're just about done with the goodbyes, and I'm ready to be on the road in the morning. Tomorrow will be a short day because we're only going a little past Portland. Meeting my sister & BIL at outlet mall down there. Do a little shopping. Maybe they'll stick around for dinner... or maybe not. But then we'll drive down to their place the next day. Slow going the first couple of days. Monday afternoon we'll get serious for a few days. Plan to make it to DS on Thursday so we can see DGS football game Friday night. He's the QB & DIL says it's a very "physical" and not so nice team they're playing so, praying they don't hurt him!

May not get a chance to check in tomorrow... can't remember if the park we're staying in has wi-fi, but I think they do.

Oh... one more thing... Tracy finally had MRI Wed, and talked to her dr. today.. she has several clusters of dying fibroids that are causing all the pain and other problems. Dr. said pain might last 6 weeks or 6 months! So she is thinking she wants to opt for hysterectomy. Problem is, fibroids are too big to do it laproscopically, so she'd have to have an open procedure... NO FUN!!

Why can't they do the hysterectomy VAGINALLY? then no scars, and plenty of room to take out the fibroids??

Janet, thank you so much for the call, its just you and me babe. Now I have a phone buddy for when I am lonely, can't get much better than that.

Damn COLD, do you hear me DAMN COLD!!!!!!!!. So cold little miss Molly refused to go potty outside!!! I don't think it has been this cold in years. Global warming for ya.

Woke up to an almost empty house, so much for having company, DD#2 & the college DD left without saying goodbye. They were headed to the Griz game. A little bummed, DD#2 lives in Idaho Falls and I was planning on going down there next weekend. I get my hair done by here beutician (okay, can't spell) he does a fabulous job. But even though we talked about it in September she went ahead and told her dad that the weekend was open, so her dad and step-mom are going down. So much for my 4 day weekend with my daughter. :thumbup: Probably for the best, I will use the hair money to pay a bill. Just was missing her and then she leaves this morning without waking me up and saying goodbye.

Okay enough pitty party. Going to work on school work this weekend. I have my 1st assignment for my Master's program. Need to read and do research on 'Formative Assessment'. Yeah like I know what that is. Then have to dialogue on 'blackboard' forum AND that is how it is graded. Do these people know I have a writing phobia?

Feeling fat again today. So I will workout instead.

Okay, I'm I the only one up and moving? Need to run to town and get some blueberries and Water. Trying to figure out what to wear so I don't turn into a peoplesicle. My 'new' winter coat is a gorgeous navy blue wool double breasted that I got for Christmas last year...um....size 22. I Think I wore it once. Does anyone know of someone who could use it? I know my DD paid a lot for it. Maybe i will put it on craigslist and see if I could get some $$$ for it so I could buy a new coat. I didn't even think of needing a new coat. I'll just layer up and wear a scarf & gloves, that should work.

Catch you all later when I get home.

TTFN

Why can't they do the hysterectomy VAGINALLY? then no scars, and plenty of room to take out the fibroids??

Fibroids are too big the doctor said??

Quiet here today. We had a good day... left RV park around 8:30 a.m., I think. Got here to outlet mall/RV park at noon. DS & BIL were waiting at the RV park office for us to get here. We didn't waste too much time before we headed over to the outlet mall. My sister bought a LOT of stuff! Clothes, coffee grinder, etc. and BIL.. mega clothes.. pants, shirts, etc. They are headed home now. Also met some old friends from 25 yrs ago or so.. They live in the area and saw on FB that we were going to be here this afternoon and asked if they could come over and meet us. So we all shopped together all afternoon and had a great time. We were in Dress Barn and I had bought nothing but a pair of sandals in the first store we were in when my friend found a jeans jacket she thought I'd like. So I tried it on... she and sales clerk both said at the same time... TOO BIG! It was 18/20~! So they found me a 14/16 and it FIT!! So I said, if its a 14/16 and it fits... I'm BUYING it whether i need it or not!! Then they found me a pretty blue dressy jacket... kind of mandarin style, same size, and it fit too. I said... now I don't know which one to buy!?? So my sister said... buy BOTH of them! SO I did! But they said they'd go outside and keep Earl busy, but it didn't work. So he caught me at the cash register! But he let me buy them anyway!

:thumbup::biggrin:

Can't believe I can wear a 14/16!!

15_8_8.gif

Relaxing with a glass of wine. We drove 197 miles today! We do take our time! Oh... I bought a SNUGGIE, too... blanket with arms! It's soft and cuddly.

Oh Phyl, How exciting, a 14 - 16, you go girl. We are so proud of you!!!!

Just woke up from a nap, a 2 hour nap. Now I probably won't sleep tonight, but I don't care. I was tired. AND depressed! I have been so careful with money. I checked my balance at the bank before going to town and there was enough money to buy groceries. When I came home I double checked and nope a check cleared that I forgot about, so now come Monday I am going to be bouncing!!! AND I don't get paid until the 20th. I really don't know what to do. IF I could sell my house today I'd do it. But in the current market it would take months, if not a year. The house next to me took over 2 years and it is way nicer than mine. I only have 1300 sq. feet. I have talked to the mortgage co. and they won't do anything. I guess I could start missing payments so they foreclose on me, then what? I've checked into apartments and the cost for that is almost the same as my house payment plus I'd have the cost of gas, because there are no apartments where I live. The closest is 20 miles. Damn, damn.

Oh Phyl, How exciting, a 14 - 16, you go girl. We are so proud of you!!!!

Just woke up from a nap, a 2 hour nap. Now I probably won't sleep tonight, but I don't care. I was tired. AND depressed! I have been so careful with money. I checked my balance at the bank before going to town and there was enough money to buy groceries. When I came home I double checked and nope a check cleared that I forgot about, so now come Monday I am going to be bouncing!!! AND I don't get paid until the 20th. I really don't know what to do. IF I could sell my house today I'd do it. But in the current market it would take months, if not a year. The house next to me took over 2 years and it is way nicer than mine. I only have 1300 sq. feet. I have talked to the mortgage co. and they won't do anything. I guess I could start missing payments so they foreclose on me, then what? I've checked into apartments and the cost for that is almost the same as my house payment plus I'd have the cost of gas, because there are no apartments where I live. The closest is 20 miles. Damn, damn.

So sorry for all your financial struggles! You work so hard. That has to be frustrating!

Yeah, still can't believe I can actually wear a 14/16. Should've taken them back to the Nike store. I went in there and asked if they had any womens' sizes and the sales girl said, "no, we don't have anything bigger than XL"! That pissed me off! Hmmm... should've showed her the label in the jacket I had on... XL, and last pair of Champion work out pants I bought were XL. Young Snot!

Good Morning Gang

I know MIA...

Friday - talked to the cops (now have my neighbors cell #) they are going to pull the video from the gas station where my cc was used - my ds said they will do extra to try and catch this person cuz it was in their hood (ton's of cops live in my development) so that will be their motivation..

Angle sleeps with me and Bear was on the floor by my bed - so no my little guard dogs didn't hear a thing - the slider is right there where my purse was hanging on the chair - I leave a light on in the living room (I have open floor plan) and all they did was open the door grab the purse and split.. Thank the Lord...

I have a lock on the gate now and need to get keys for gardener and pool guy - going to get security light (motion) for side of the house and outside my slider..

The alarm is now hooked backed up to monitoring ($34.99 a month) and I keep it on while away and during the night.. Set it off last night :0) forgot nite before remembered..

Jackie

Nope don't miss the plus sizes - but ya sometimes I look in the window as I pass lane bryant and do see some cute stuff - I don't go into the Avenue (I use to buy most of my clothes from there) and at Macy's the BBW (big beatiful women) is down stairs so I don't go there either..

I know that before my Mom died she and my sis became friends (she was 22) I miss that the most - but gotta say I did have a good relationship w/my stepmom - but didn't do mom daughter things..

Phyl - CONGRATS on your 14's !!! WTG girl !!!! Glad you had a nice time w/family & friends - I love outlet shopping - am going to have to go get a new coach at the outlets - maybe I'll wait til you get to your 199 and we can go together - but the only thing is I can only go on the weekends and you gotta get there early - that store gets crowded fast - wait in line 1 hrs at times..

Steph - Yes I know from counselors that our waffling is a major issue with our kids - the reason you are in control of your class is that you know you are the boss and you really don't care if the kids like you or not - where as with your own kids it's diff - you feel guilty (for a lack of a better word) that Jeff & Michael don't have a good relationship - you over compensation for that. It's easier to give in than fight and you want your kids to love you.. It's hard being a Mom - I am terrible on discipline - the Counselor told me that when I finally did put my foot down with my DS he didn't know how to handle it - cuz I always gave in - before... I never felt I was a bad parent - I did the best that I could - hell even families that have been together 20 yrs have issues - it's not just blended families or single parent families - Hugs.. We are here for you...

Karla - Hey there - yep just had to call and talk to my single sista !!!! Hugs on the $$ issues that has to be very difficult Life just sucks sometime ...

Candice- How did the wedding go?? Did your mom enjoy it... Know that you are having brunch today at your house to open presents - can't wait to hear all about the wedding and your party today- I was thinking about you & DD yesterday...

Denise - Why do you have to change code all the time - he can see what you are inputing - My DS said that he had key fobs for his alarm - I am going to look in on that - would be easier than going to the pad all time. How are things with your Mom and how's you DS doing

Well did my gym yesterday a.m. -then went to the new Ross that opened by Marshalls - I liked their home goods stuff more than the clothes - did get a jacket (suit type gray) for $10 - then went to Marshalls - got a carol little sweater for $10 - another coudroy jacket for $14 - I can't wait for our weather to cool down - mid 80's this week then back up to 90 for next weekend..

Made a pot of pinto Beans with turkey ham yesterday... and read my book - watched the shows I dvr - still have greys antomy to watch & survoir.. took a little nap and that was it - got up 6:30 a.m have read the paper and started the wash ..

CBL

Morning everyone. Had a little breakdown last night, but doing better this morning. DD#2 looked at my budget and made some suggestion. I'm calling the utility companies and going to see if I qualify for budget billing, check into reducing the interest rate on my credit card. I've been trying to pay off my credit card from using it this summer, but the reality is I am just going to have to pay the minimum until I get my tax return. I am going to try to make this work, wish me luck or untold riches, either will work!

Cold here, bleck.

Check in later, TTFN

Quiet day. Have the last load of laundry in the dryer, worked out, cleaned the kitchen and am now making some oatmeal for dinner, too tired to eat anything else.

Finally lost a pound, only took 2 months, but I'll take it, I broke the 180 mark!!! Found a fabulous 7-grain hot Cereal at costco. Had it last night for dinner with SF maple Syrup, a few craisins and a little slivered almonds. It seems to really keep me full. With the craisins and almonds, the cals are around 250. I plan on using it for lunch part of the time. Very chewy and makes the tummy happy!!

Didn't get much school work done this weekend, okay didn't get ANY school work done this weekend. But that is okay, it is a 3 day week. We have Thursday & Friday off for MEA and I already did my stuff for MEA, so I have a 4 day weekend!! Going to get a jump on my Christmas sewing. DD#4 is having her new young man come out for dinner so I can meet him. Poor guy, I'm going to give him the once over. The new country song about the dad 'sitting here cleaning this gun' comes to mind. Nah, I'm just thrilled she has a life again. I used the Secret, attracting what you want, and within a couple of weeks of positive thinking he come into her life, amazing. Maybe I should try it on my financial situation?

I checked into the mortgage modification, thanks again to Janet, and I make too much money. I have a Fannie Mae loan, so refinance is not an option. I will muttle through, thanks everyone for listening. However, if it stays as cold as it has been, I'm selling and moving to a warmer climate. I'm sick of COLD!!

You all have a good day. Phyl, hope your trip is going well!! Be safe.