Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just banded in Chicago

Hi Guys...

I am being banded at Day One Health on September 18. It would be great to be in touch with some chicago bandsters!! How is everyone's progress going? Any words of advice for someone about to begin the process??

Hi Guys...

I am being banded at Day One Health on September 18. It would be great to be in touch with some chicago bandsters!! How is everyone's progress going? Any words of advice for someone about to begin the process??

what hospital was your surgery in and who was your Dr.s name?

i was banded at mercy hospital in july 10th and has lost 50 pounds thus far.

Hi everyone,

Just finished up dr. supervised diet. hope to submit info. for insurance over the next couple of weeks. Wishing all well.

Hi All--

Everything is going pretty well. It's a slow process, but it's coming off. Good Luck!

Dore

Hello All,

I am in Berrwyn southwest suburb of Chicago. I am in my pre-op stage scheduled for surgery on 9/25 @ Mercy Hospita...very nervous and having lots of trouble with this liquid diet...I can use any suggestions on how to get thru this and what has everyone or anyone done as far as the broth?? Please Help...I am so anxious to get thru this and start losing weight!!!!

By the way Congrats to EVERYONE!! and keep me in mind as well for any group get togethers or support!:)

What is your trouble with the liquid diet? Is it that your are always hungry or you just don't like the taste of the Protein drinks?

well the trouble is I am kind of getting tired of the slimfast drinks I had started drinking them a little before the pre-op not all day but replacing some of my meals. The taste is somewhat getting to me and I am doing vanilla n strawberry due to I cant stand the chocolate flavor. Besides the slimfast what else can I have??? Such as the broth what do you do for the broth...I am just kind of confused and I just started on Friday and I am still feeling hungary...need to get this going as my surgery date is scheduled for the 25th....DO NOT WANT TO BE TURNED AROUND N SENT BACK HOME....:)

Here is what my pre-op diet consisted of daily: 3 Low Carb Protein drinks (one for Breakfast, one for lunch and one for snack after dinner) I drink EAS. I don't mind the taste at all. I could have all the Water with crystal lite I wanted. For dinner I could have a frozen meal between 300-350 calories (i.e., Lean Cuisine). I also could have 6oz glass of Tomato juice or V8. It wasn't easy, but it was doable. Try to stay busy and not focus on your hunger. I hope this helps.

Dore

Diamond...

I am on Day 5 of the liquid diet and it has not been easy!! I got very sick of the Protein shakes, very fast. I do recommend Myoplex light in strawberry and chocolate... they aren't terrible. However, Once i discovered Isopure things got easier. It tastes like gatorade, has tons of Protein (energy!!) and has no carbs or sugar. You can find it at GNC. Give it a try.

How is everyone else doing? I am being banded on friday and it cannot come soon enough. Was anyone else banded at Day One Health??

Pre-op Chicago Bandster here too!! I didn't know there were so many of us!!

I've met with Dr. Hoeltgen in Barrington and I've choosen him as my surgeon. His office has sent in all of my paper work the the insurance company so now I'm just waiting to see what we have to do next! I started a doctor supervised weight loss program with my PCP last month too, just in case!