Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

how private is too private?

Did this ever hit a nerve with me...my husband is the same exact way too!? We should start a support group. My husband thinks and lectures about how I need to stay disciplined and exercise like he does. !. he's never been pregnanant, menopausal, pre menstrual, chocoholic, or just the fatter sex! Lighten up buddy...it's easier for you!!!!!!!!!!!

mine is like that too. Lectures about everything. you need to exercise , stick with it etc, LOL then he brings home the junk food! Every thing he lectures. My 11 rolls her eyes. She said Mom you talk to me all dad does is lecture!

Does it really matter who brings us the fast food? ?? We're the ones who eat it. Nobody forces it down our throats. Husband's are right, we do need to exercise. Laziness is one of the reasons we are obese. So ladies, once we have the tool, let's eat less and move more and make this weight come off.

I did not want to tell anyone. I did however tell my husband. He was against it, but knew it was my decision and he supported me. He has really been great through the whole process. He has been making dinner for the kids and keeping on top of me to drink. I also had many problems before surgery, and it really put a scare into him, and he really took a step back and realized how important I am to him and the kids, and that he could not do it without me.

My husband was pretty much opposed to it. He's tall, lean, has little body fat, and just didn't understand what it was like. All I had to do was walk around the block more.

He has a hard time seeing things outside of his little box, so I pretty much told him that he needed to get on board and become educated about the program and process before he offers his opinions. We had a few major disagreements about it, then he started to lighten up.

He's on board now, it took months of reinforcing it.

You should probably tell your husband, although I can understand some people have a hard time opening up to things they don't understand. I wish you luck.

Does it really matter who brings us the fast food??? We're the ones who eat it. Nobody forces it down our throats. Husband's are right, we do need to exercise. Laziness is one of the reasons we are obese. So ladies, once we have the tool, let's eat less and move more and make this weight come off.

Funny thing about my husbands lectures is he is not the skinny guy, talks to me about cooking healthier, not bringing junk home etc..... I NEVER BRING THE JUNK HOME! EVER.

I keep cleaning out the cabinets to set the arrow straight again.

He lectures about everything.

I want to join a Tai Chi class with a friend, he wants me to join Arobics.... I hate Arobics, I never liked it even when I was normal. I lack some serious coordination, I don't dance either LOL , I love riding my bike, walking, weights, I am thinking I would like an elliptical.... he is telling me I should run. Well my joints can't handle the pavement!

It is just something I have to do on my own and in my own way and not have the nagging. So I guess he can eat his ben and jerrys and sit on the couch with his clicker LOL

"Oh the tangled webs we weave, when first we practice to decieve"....I think you should keep things on the up and up...heaven forbid something go wrong and he has NO CLUE what the heck is going on......

I feel the surgery is a very "personal" thing....but don't exclude your spouse...he may be paying more attention than you think!! :sad:

"Oh the tangled webs we weave, when first we practice to decieve"....I think you should keep things on the up and up...heaven forbid something go wrong and he has NO CLUE what the heck is going on......

I feel the surgery is a very "personal" thing....but don't exclude your spouse...he may be paying more attention than you think!! :sad:

Love that Quote Neen.....never knew the second part...excellent.