Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September 2009 Band Date

Hello Ladies, Congratulations to all those who have been banded.. It's my 22nd day in. I was able to feel the port at first and it was "weird" But, now I don't know if I'm just getting used to it or with the healing it's not as prominent. I have to press down to feel anything.

I haven't really lost any more weight but, I guess it's all good since I haven't gained any either. I have been slacking on the working out. So, that may be the reason.

At this point, the hardest thing for me is to eat without anything to drink. I was doing that in the beginning.

Just because I was so used to having a drink with my meal and I had forgotten my instructions not to. I couldn't figure out why I was feeling so bloated and uncomfortable. Now, I eat my meal and wait the recommended 45 minutes to drink anything. I feel full, satisfied and I notice the feeling last longer. This has totally been a learning experience. Well, just checking in I Hope the best for Everyone! :bored:

I started my liquid diet on Friday. I have had horrible, and I do mean horrible, diarrhea since Friday. At first I thought it was because of my period, but here it is Tuesday, and I still have it. The hunger pains have been terrible, and i broke down and had a scrambled egg today. Does anyone know if a liquid diet would cause the diarrhea? Or perhaps it is like a cleansing of the colon type thing?? Today, before I ate the scrambled egg. I was so hungry that i was nauseous and really just couldn't eat the Soup that I had taken for lunch. I barely ate anything, and felt terrible. Weak, almost feverish, but I'm not running a fever. After I ate the scrambled egg, I felt a little better, not so weak, but still feverish. Took my temp again, and nothing, no temp. Any ideas??

Thanks

Jill

I think I'll stop eating them and hope i haven't envoked any damage. I just don't know all the specifics no matter how much I try.:tongue2: I know the shakes are giving me gas. It's 456am and I am up because I'm not feeling well. I don't know what else to do about it.

Everyone has diff guidelines many here are allowed the creamy Soups - one thing everyone has consistently been told is no solid food after the surgery for 3 weeks or more. (For me it is 3 weeks)... Did I send you the link to sep 09 support area?

Well, I'm 6 days post op and just ate my first real food, a yummy and delicious scrambled egg. Wow, that's the best scrambled egg I've ever had. I just had to have something with texture so that was the next best thing. What did everyone here eat a week post op? Just trying to get some ideas. I feel great so far. No problems whatsoever. I'm drinking 2-3 Muscle Milks I bought from costco. Each has 20 grams of Protein. Plus I've had some different Soups. What else can I try???

Thanks!

My favorite is this - Lemon sole. juice of one lemon; 1/2 tbsp of butter - cook in a pan. Mash it up.

Another one but this is high calorie and believe it or not my doc's office suggest it (or maybe it is high cal compared to what I have been used to eating). Noodleless lasagna - skim ricotta; skim mozzarella and marinara sauce microwaved or baked. I try to keep that at the minimum though.

Good ole tuna w/ light mayo

Greek 0% yogurt with blended fruit or i do use a bit of honey.

Hello Ladies, Congratulations to all those who have been banded.. It's my 22nd day in. I was able to feel the port at first and it was "weird" But, now I don't know if I'm just getting used to it or with the healing it's not as prominent. I have to press down to feel anything.

I haven't really lost any more weight but, I guess it's all good since I haven't gained any either. I have been slacking on the working out. So, that may be the reason.

At this point, the hardest thing for me is to eat without anything to drink. I was doing that in the beginning.

Just because I was so used to having a drink with my meal and I had forgotten my instructions not to. I couldn't figure out why I was feeling so bloated and uncomfortable. Now, I eat my meal and wait the recommended 45 minutes to drink anything. I feel full, satisfied and I notice the feeling last longer. This has totally been a learning experience. Well, just checking in I Hope the best for Everyone! :tongue2:

Ok so here is another difference - I have to stop drinking 5 mins before a meal and have to wait only 20 mins! YAY to drink. So one thing I never thought about - no more wine with dinner when dining out? Bummer. I too slipped up on the drinking but I caught myself- i keep a water bottle at my desk.

I started my liquid diet on Friday. I have had horrible, and I do mean horrible, diarrhea since Friday. At first I thought it was because of my period, but here it is Tuesday, and I still have it. The hunger pains have been terrible, and i broke down and had a scrambled egg today. Does anyone know if a liquid diet would cause the diarrhea? Or perhaps it is like a cleansing of the colon type thing?? Today, before I ate the scrambled egg. I was so hungry that i was nauseous and really just couldn't eat the Soup that I had taken for lunch. I barely ate anything, and felt terrible. Weak, almost feverish, but I'm not running a fever. After I ate the scrambled egg, I felt a little better, not so weak, but still feverish. Took my temp again, and nothing, no temp. Any ideas??

Thanks

Jill

I got diarrhea on the liquid - mine was Protein only Unjury. I don't know if the others will do this. Its the lack of Fiber I think. Fortunately mine would occur at night between 9 and 11 pm and that would be it.

Just because I was so used to having a drink with my meal and I had forgotten my instructions not to. I couldn't figure out why I was feeling so bloated and uncomfortable. Now, I eat my meal and wait the recommended 45 minutes to drink anything. I feel full, satisfied and I notice the feeling last longer. This has totally been a learning experience. Well, just checking in I Hope the best for Everyone! :tongue2:

I've done this as well and your right it is a learning experience. Have my first fill next week, maybe I will get a little more restriction, haven't been real hungry but noticed that I could eat more if I was not careful. Glad to see your doing well, SoCo:thumbup:

Hi everyone...I have been banded now for a week and am wondering when the swelling of the stomach goes down...I have lost weight but my pants are quite tight around the belly...loose in the legs and butt..if anyone knows please fill me in.:tongue2:

My favorite is this - Lemon sole. juice of one lemon; 1/2 tbsp of butter - cook in a pan. Mash it up.

Another one but this is high calorie and believe it or not my doc's office suggest it (or maybe it is high cal compared to what I have been used to eating). Noodleless lasagna - skim ricotta; skim mozzarella and marinara sauce microwaved or baked. I try to keep that at the minimum though.

Good ole tuna w/ light mayo

Greek 0% yogurt with blended fruit or i do use a bit of honey.

Yum! I love the ricotta thing. Its really not high calorie if you use low fat ricotta - 100 cals for 1/2 cup, and use a sprinkle of parmesan instead of mozz, the whole thing is like 150 calories and filling!

I've done this as well and your right it is a learning experience. Have my first fill next week, maybe I will get a little more restriction, haven't been real hungry but noticed that I could eat more if I was not careful. Glad to see your doing well, SoCo:thumbup:

You guys are lucky, I am HUNGRY! First fill next week for me too, can't wait. I figured out that I can eat a whole lot, which is not good. I have not lost any more but I have been exercising at least every other day, so feel good about that.

I need more practice with the no drinking with meals, and I need to stay away from most carbs for now!

Hi all...great to hear all the success stories on here!!! I'm being banded on the 24th...please add me to the list. I tried and it didn't work. Started on my CLD tonight and tomorrow. Kinda getting the butterflies before the surgery. Just wanted to drop a line to every one!!!

srsextonrn - Got ya !

September Band List

Soco 9/01/09

Amandakrangel 9/1/09

Coloradomom (Gen) 9/1/09

ms_Hart37 9/1/09

mosean6278 09/01/09

katklaws 09/01/09

SmilinShel (Michelle) 09/01/09

Comet321 (Chris) 9/1/09

ivy76 9/02/09

Jenno 9/02/09

$occer mom 9/3/09

Jmtmb (JoLynne ) 9/4/09

JLDChester(Jamie)9/4/09

Cortney75 (Cortney) 9/4/09

tzn (Karena) 9/8/09

mrsyellis (yohontas)9/08/09

Jules 09/09/09

Soldiersgem(ginna) 9/9/09

pr8453(Pam) 9/9/09

bradybrat 09/09/09

Ready4a2ndchance 9/09/09

travel (Anita) 09/09/09

kittkat2009 09/10/09

Hmarko (helen) 9/11/09

stardustic 9/11/09

BrentinLA 9/14/09

Queen Bee 9/14/09

amwash23 9/14/09

romain123 9/14/09

Nawlinzlady (Dee) 9/15/09

Anni80 (annie) 9/15/09

Lula 9/15/09

smallerj (jes) 9/16/09

Boo Cakes 9/16/09

Hardygostlin (Jody) 9/17/09

Loveslady(Tawonda) 9/17/09

Gatorgirl1024 (Shelley) 9/17/09

MishiB (Michelle) 9/17/09

Bendy H (Brenda) 9/18/09

Sharie3 9/21/09

Italia2020 (Mia) 09/21/09

Ariane (Ariane) 09/21/09

Jenna1979 (Jennifer) 09/22/09

BrokeGranny (Jan) 9/22/09

Pookiemp 9/23/2009

leigna 09/24/09

srsextonrn 09/24/09

Chickychoo (Jill) 09/28/09

Kinzie 09/28/09

QMOM 9/28/09

Soexcited 9/30/09

ShrinkingV (Vickie) 9/30/09

Celestial 9/24/09

Everyone has diff guidelines many here are allowed the creamy Soups - one thing everyone has consistently been told is no solid food after the surgery for 3 weeks or more. (For me it is 3 weeks)... Did I send you the link to sep 09 support area?

Yes, I got it and I go to both places. Thanks!

Hi! My name is Tracy and I had my surgery on Aug. 31st. but I feel I really didn't start my journey until the first day of Sept. So do you mind if I join the Sept. group? I have lost 20 lbs so far and feel great, but my weight has stalled for the last week or so! Very frustrating. I am eating under a thousand calories a day, getting all my Water and Protein. anyone else hit a wall already? Or maybe I am just jumping the gun. But I am so excited about the procedure that I want to lose 3 lbs. every week (at least)! I have an appt. with my surgeon on Thursday so hopefully I will find out when I can have my first fill. Nice to meet you all! I look forward to chatting and having a support group. :tongue2:

Hi! My name is Tracy and I had my surgery on Aug. 31st. but I feel I really didn't start my journey until the first day of Sept. So do you mind if I join the Sept. group? I have lost 20 lbs so far and feel great, but my weight has stalled for the last week or so! Very frustrating. I am eating under a thousand calories a day, getting all my Water and Protein. anyone else hit a wall already? Or maybe I am just jumping the gun. But I am so excited about the procedure that I want to lose 3 lbs. every week (at least)! I have an appt. with my surgeon on Thursday so hopefully I will find out when I can have my first fill. Nice to meet you all! I look forward to chatting and having a support group. :tongue2:

Absolutely! Welcome! Haven't hit a wall yet! Have you been exercising at all. That seems to help also you may need to eat 1000-1200 calories a week. I've read on here that some people don't lose unless they eat between 1000-1200 calories and then some eat 800 calories and still lose. We are all different and we have to learn what works for us. Good luck!:)