Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September 2009 Band Date

I can have a Protein Shake today, I am sooo glad to get pass that Clear Liquids, that was very difficult.

OMG what gives with pain in my left shoulder? anyone else experience this?

Its the gas pain - its referred pain as they blow air into you to work better and it messes with your diaphragm. Its really our diaphragm in pain but it refers to the shoulder. Keep walking. People say to take gas-x but the nurses told me that doesn't work for this because it isn't intestinal gas. Though that doesn't make sense either - how is it getting out then? I'm sure they aren't blowing up our intestines or stomach - its weird. Anyway I have gas in my stomach now too. So maybe that gas made its way into my tummy. So I am living on gasx and walking too

boy do i know that shoulder pain all to well... i am 9 days out of surgery and i am still having it every now and then. i have been walking and the gas is coming out of both ends :thumbup: i had to forewarn my friend today when we went to the store... that i will be burpy and pass gassy while we walked around the store.

i am hoping this will pass before i go back to work - we have open cubicles and i will feel really bad for the people around me! lol :smile2::ohmy:

Hi - so I am 6 days post op go for checkup tomorrow. I'm still sore at port and in the mid chest area and have GAS in the stomach its really annoying. I've been back to work on Wednesday (surgery was friday the 11th).

I lost 5 lbs in the 6 days since surgery this is just not normal for me! I almost don't WANT to go back on food. I don't lose like this if I introduce carbs or fat to the equation. So total of 19lbs... usually it takes me a year to get here. I should be starting mushies on Tuesday. I haven't been hungry. Drinking 3 Protein Shakes, Water, broth. Today i actually had 4 Protein shakes because I am figuring 300 cals a day is just too low (my protein shakes are unjury- only 100 cals).

So far so good.

Good luck to all the new bandsters.

Hi - so I am 6 days post op go for checkup tomorrow. I'm still sore at port and in the mid chest area and have GAS in the stomach its really annoying. I've been back to work on Wednesday (surgery was friday the 11th).

I lost 5 lbs in the 6 days since surgery this is just not normal for me! I almost don't WANT to go back on food. I don't lose like this if I introduce carbs or fat to the equation. So total of 19lbs... usually it takes me a year to get here. I should be starting mushies on Tuesday. I haven't been hungry. Drinking 3 Protein Shakes, Water, broth. Today i actually had 4 Protein shakes because I am figuring 300 cals a day is just too low (my protein shakes are unjury- only 100 cals).

So far so good.

Good luck to all the new bandsters.

I like the protein shakes, but I can only drink about 1/2 cup of it now before im full.

Hardygostlin (Jody) 9/17/09

Loveslady(Tawonda) 9/17/09

Gatorgirl1024 (Shelley) 9/17/09

MishiB (Michelle) 9/17/09

We did it. I hope everyone is feeling okay. Like most things that I have read, I still have a little pain on the port side and pain med is making me sleepy, dizzy and tire. Other than that I feel fine. Ladies take care

Hardygostlin (Jody) 9/17/09

Loveslady(Tawonda) 9/17/09

Gatorgirl1024 (Shelley) 9/17/09

MishiB (Michelle) 9/17/09

We did it. I hope everyone is feeling okay. Like most things that I have read, I still have a little pain on the port side and pain med is making me sleepy, dizzy and tire. Other than that I feel fine. Ladies take care

Congratulations! Keep taking those pain meds!

Amanda, you were one of first to get banded, I was just wondering, how is the swelling of your tummy? I look pregnant, are you still swollen? how long did it take to start getting back to normal belly?:biggrin:

It's a lot better. I still get bloated in the evenings sometimes but the swelling is gone. I think it took a little over a week to go all the way down.

Goodmorning everyone. I am feeling better today. Yesterday I was really nauseated for the first time, so I stuck to liquids yesterday and feel better today, will start again today with soft foods and see how it goes. How is everyone that was banded the first week doing? How is everyone else?

I had my band done on September 14, all is going well so far. A bit sore whre the port is placed and the pain is bearable, just need saome gas X at nite, other than that i am ine. i am still on clear liquids till monday, then on to shakes and soups.. I am truly happy for all bander and wish everyone success

hi all, congrats to all the new sexy september bandsters!!!!!!! I had my pre op and everything is going well!! My first fill will be October 21, I'm so excited. I hope everyone is doing excellent.

Wow I am late to the party but I found out yesterday I am scheduled for 9/29/09! My insurance Approved me on Monday, had a class yesterday, then met with Dr. Lavin. After the appointment they said in 24 to 48 hrs the would schedule me and let me know. I left and maybe 5 minutes later they called and told me the 29th! Yeahhh LOL I have so much to look forward to my husband is coming home from Iraq the 28th! :biggrin:

Good luck on our new journey

Hey, I lived in Gulfport, MS for five years. I loved New Orleans! It's one of the greatest cities in the US!! Keep me posted on how you're feeling.

I lived in North Mississippi for about 15 years..we used to vacation every year as a "girls only " trip to gulf shores and Orange beach....I really miss it

Hi all, I gotta question this morning..does anyone know how long it takes for your incisions to heal..I have one that goes right where my jean line would go ....so I can't wear my jeans and I hate wearing workout pants all the time

hi all, congrats to all the new sexy september bandsters!!!!!!! I had my pre op and everything is going well!! My first fill will be October 21, I'm so excited. I hope everyone is doing excellent.

ARE WE OFFICIALLY THE

SEXY SEPTEMBERS???

I need to make me a little banner to put on my signature. :biggrin: