Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September 2009 Band Date

Bostonlady - I'm doing ok - I'm more than halfway there! about 48 lbs or whatever my ticker says. We set up a spreadsheet for the septembers if you care to update and see what others are doing. You can get an idea of the fill levels others have at a glance it is found in this link you don't need to save it just update

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=tHXJJHacZJ2vB3wOENcz8kA

hey, I've tried saving the url in my signature so I can continueally come back but there was a problem Do you think I will be able to continue doing that or am I doing something wrong?

hey, I've tried saving the url in my signature so I can continueally come back but there was a problem Do you think I will be able to continue doing that or am I doing something wrong?

loveslady you need to put it on your favorites or bookmarks and you can always go there and update

thanks I got the spreadsheet and added, just came from Power Zumba its great

I am hoping to take a zumba class next week, it's not offered at my gym, the closest is an hour away. If I like it, I may buy the DVD's.

thanks. Didn't think of doing it that way.

I've never heard of zumba.

Hope everyone is doing well and losing weight. Relax a day.:0)

Hi everyone. I had my 4th fill on wednesday (now at 6.7) wow! what a difference! finally a little relief from being hungry all the time. Yesterday I was full almost 4 hours from only a handful of almonds, it has been amazing. Trying not to get too excited since the restriction disappeared in a couple days last time :w00t:

Just checking in....Dee that's so cool that you have 6.7 I still only have 4 and I have no restriction. My doc is real conservative so I have to try and loose a little more before I can call her for another fill.

Congrats on being in onederland Amanda! it's wonderful I know :w00t:

sounds like everyone is doing pretty good. take care and I'll check back soon.

Just checking in....Dee that's so cool that you have 6.7 I still only have 4 and I have no restriction. My doc is real conservative so I have to try and loose a little more before I can call her for another fill.

Jes, you seem to be doing very well, we started in almost the same place and look far ahead you are! Hang in there!

Hi everyone. I had my 4th fill on wednesday (now at 6.7) wow! what a difference! finally a little relief from being hungry all the time. Yesterday I was full almost 4 hours from only a handful of almonds, it has been amazing. Trying not to get too excited since the restriction disappeared in a couple days last time :w00t:

I've been at good restriction since mid december on 5.6 cc's so be hopeful! When i went back in Jan they didn't even give me a fill and I'm fine losing 2 lbs a week or more.

Jes - I am looking at your stats and you pretty much are doing this on your own - I would be PISSED at my doc cuz why the heck did you have to go through surgery. You lost all the weight preop.. your down to the home stretch its going to be tougher - are there NP's you can see sometimes they are better.... I would get a bit firmer w/ him. I mean you or your insurance paid them a heck of a lot of money for this to not do on your own and struggle through it.

I've been at good restriction since mid december on 5.6 cc's so be hopeful! When i went back in Jan they didn't even give me a fill and I'm fine losing 2 lbs a week or more.

I am going to proceed slowly with the fills now. I have never PB or slimed. I want to be just tight enough to be able to get rid of between meal hunger. I don't want to problems or complications from overfill. I am very happy to go with very small fills from now on.

yea being overfilled really sucked - seriously it was scary at times. (night choking like I was drowning - i probabably said it 100 times and sound like a broken record). ANy fills for me going forward are unlikely to be more than .2 - .3 cc's. But if this keeps up I won't need anything in feb either. I'm actually losing muscle I need to weight train. My horse trainer (well one of them told me to just start doing pushups and lunges at home even for 10 mins) good idea!

It's been four months and I have now lost 40 lbs. Actually gained 2 pounds through Christmas. Had my first fill on January 4th 2010. I have definitely noticed the difference in the resistance since having the fill almost two weeks ago. I feel getting stuck easier and have had more of those episodes in these two weeks than in the three months prior. I am convinced though that I can avoid getting stuck by chewing more, taking it slower and avoiding breads and pastas.< /p>

It's been four months and I have now lost 40 lbs. Actually gained 2 pounds through Christmas. Had my first fill on January 4th 2010. I have definitely noticed the difference in the resistance since having the fill almost two weeks ago. I feel getting stuck easier and have had more of those episodes in these two weeks than in the three months prior. I am convinced though that I can avoid getting stuck by chewing more, taking it slower and avoiding breads and pastas.

Your losses are amazing considering you have only had one fill. Interesting that you are getting stuck with first fill, I never felt anything at all until my last (4th) fill. You are doing the right things, chew chew chew and put your fork down between bites. A blogger buddy of mine suggested getting up and doing something between bites, she puts load of laundry in the washer or picks up around the house between bites. Or you can do like hmarko and use a stop watch.

Your losses are amazing considering you have only had one fill. Interesting that you are getting stuck with first fill, I never felt anything at all until my last (4th) fill. You are doing the right things, chew chew chew and put your fork down between bites. A blogger buddy of mine suggested getting up and doing something between bites, she puts load of laundry in the washer or picks up around the house between bites. Or you can do like hmarko and use a stop watch.

Its not really the same as getting stuck - this is from eating too fast. Getting stuck is different - it doesn't go anywhere. Or it can take hours. And you need to repeatedly PB until its out. What this is - is the golfball in the chest and some pain but it passes thru after about 5-15 mins. Its because food piles up in your pouch my doc explained you need to chew 30 seconds and then wait 30 seconds for the esophagus to push it thru. Anytime I eat too fast (not too often anymore).... this happens and then I can feel a 'pop' and it going thru. I actually don't think we sit there w/a bunch of food in our pouches for 4 hours I will need to ask about this...... because as she explained it that wasn't how it worked (ie eating next bite after the previous one has passed through). Which is interesting then how are we full? Must make a note to ask this!