Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September 2009 Band Date

I agree....age has a LOT to do with it! I have gained and lost a lot over the last 20 years and it was way faster 20 years ago, and easier even without the band. I aslo agree about the lower bmi .... Regardless it comes off quicker in the beginning and slower in the end.

I am 45, never been able to loose even 20 lbs and the weight is falling off me like crazy. I am very strict with the portion size, but I eat 5-6 meals a day instead of 3 like the doc wants. My boyfriend is a physical trainer and lost a lot of weight by himself and he is the one who recommended never going more than 3 hours between meals.

I am 45, never been able to loose even 20 lbs and the weight is falling off me like crazy. I am very strict with the portion size, but I eat 5-6 meals a day instead of 3 like the doc wants. My boyfriend is a physical trainer and lost a lot of weight by himself and he is the one who recommended never going more than 3 hours between meals.

You certainly are doing fantastic! Would you mind sharing some of our day-day menus? what do you eat on a typical day? THANKS SO MUCH!

Hello everyone. Looks like I'm not going to make it to my Valentine's goal but Oh well! I have still done great, but i feel like I need a fill because I still can eat more than I should and am hungry more often than I should be. The snow we got here was absolutely beautiful! I have never seen so much snow. Well Happy Valentine's Day everyone!:thumbdown:

hello everyone,

amanda, even if you didn't make your goal I'm sure you have lost alot. I know you look great.

I am not losing like i want to. Its all my fault. I can't seem to NOT eat on the weekends. During the week I eat well and exercise then the weekend comes and its gloves off. I eat and eat and eat. I gain all the weight back which I spend M-W getting off so by thursday I'm exhausted from "dieting" then I may lose a pound by Friday to mess it up on the weekend and have to start all over. I have been doin this the past 3 weekends. It is driving me crazy. My down fall I must say (and ladies I have been trying not to say this out loud) is my boyfriend. 3weekends ago we went out of town where he tried to feed me to death. Last weekend it snowed and we stayed in and ate. This weekend was valentines AND it snowed so we stayed in and ate. HELP. I feel like I'm going to have to break up with him just to get this weight off. No, he's not jealous but I have the feeling that he don't want me to lose weight. He's scared I'm going to change or I may not want him anymore or SOMETHING. I've said no more eating. I done all i can and now I don't know what else to do. Any suggestions?

Hi Sept bandsters. Between age, BMI, metabolism, boyfriends etc. a lot of us are getting out butts kicked.

Some of you are doing great. What are you doing?

I hope minimeme answers about what she is eating. I am suppose to eat only three meals a day; but, I am willing to try anything.

Maybe we can set up a different thread with some suggestions for those not doing as well. There seems to be a lot of us. (September Bandster support)

You all that are doing good could give us some suggestions.

There is something about people having surgery done near the same time that ties you together.

Come on you Sept bandsters that are doing wonderful take us under your wing and help us out. I am ready to try anything.

Sorry for another post. I see that some of you tried to start another thread or did. I never saw it or found it. I sure am willing to go to a new thread that is not so long and more updated.

Anyone interested in trying this again. A new thread with Sept bandsters updated or what ever you want to call it.

Hi Sept bandsters. Between age, BMI, metabolism, boyfriends etc. a lot of us are getting out butts kicked.

Some of you are doing great. What are you doing?

I hope minimeme answers about what she is eating. I am suppose to eat only three meals a day; but, I am willing to try anything.

Maybe we can set up a different thread with some suggestions for those not doing as well. There seems to be a lot of us. (September Bandster support)

You all that are doing good could give us some suggestions.

There is something about people having surgery done near the same time that ties you together.

Come on you Sept bandsters that are doing wonderful take us under your wing and help us out. I am ready to try anything.

For me I think exercise is the key for me. I mean on most days I eat around 1200 calories, but some days more, but I exercise 30-60 minutes 5 days a week. I do strength training 3 days a week and cardio 2 times a week. I do videos because they work me harder than going to the gym. I have a few Walk away the pounds, Tae Bo, Biggest Loser, Jillian Michaels, and Jari Love. I have heard that the Firm, Cathe Freidrich, and Turbo jam are also good although I don't own any right now and of course P90X is on my list of need to own as well. Good luck.:)

I have gained and lost the same 4 pounds for over a month. I think age and BMI has alot to do with it. The eating out of boredom needs to stop as well. If I stay real busy, I don't eat. Maybe I should paint the house. lol

i have recently joined a rec center and have been walking and swimming for excersize. Hope that helps out. I have only had two fills, and very little restriction. Some days more than others. ?? I go to Fill centers USA for my fills, so I have very little after care. Its up to me to make the appointment and go get the fills. I think I should have another fill. Maybe that will help. It seems I have less restriction AFTER the second fill ?

Keep up the fight!

K~

I have gained and lost the same 4 pounds for over a month. I think age and BMI has alot to do with it. The eating out of boredom needs to stop as well. If I stay real busy, I don't eat. Maybe I should paint the house. lol

i have recently joined a rec center and have been walking and swimming for excersize. Hope that helps out. I have only had two fills, and very little restriction. Some days more than others. ?? I go to Fill centers USA for my fills, so I have very little after care. Its up to me to make the appointment and go get the fills. I think I should have another fill. Maybe that will help. It seems I have less restriction AFTER the second fill ?

Keep up the fight!

K~

Well I don't know what the fill centers are but they don't sound too personable. I would definitely try going and getting another fill.

Things happen-SMALL THINGS- and you realize how much you take things for granted. I have NOT been hungry in forever. I didn't think I was at my sweet spot and I thought my doctor was exagerating. I was even saying how would he know! Well recently I have been getting hungry. Not super hungry but just enough for me to realize that I haven't felt that feeling in about 2 months. Guess what-I don't like it one bit. It makes me want to eat and eat and eat. I go for another fill on 3/8. He had scheduled me a fill this Monday but I had to cancel. Now I wish that I didn't. Now its up to me to make sure I continue to lose weight and not gain. :frown:I don't like for things to be solely up to me. Wish me luck.

I feel your pain kim I have been doing the same thing! My doctors have abandoned me. I was self pay, tried to get in for one last fill before by 3 months was up and they said no and now wont return my call. I'm so mad at them but will not give up and will call again today. I googled the fill centers, it might be what I will have to do, can I ask you how much the fills are there?

Keep up the fight!

K~

Just a thought:Nawlinzlady and kimberlyann. I am older than you guys but we are still not the 20 30 year olds. Do you think that may have something to do with it? I don't what to think this and I do not give in to age as an excuse but I think I am starting to notice a little trend here.

There are people that are not young ( you notice I didn't say older) that are doing great so I don't want to use this as a excuse.

What do you guys think?

Any other not youngsters having a little more problems but still following the program?

Pickles

Pickles I am 32. I don't know if you consider that not young:smile: but I'll be the first to say I am horrible about following any type of plan. It's too restrictive I have cravings that won't go anywhere. As long as I have cravings I'm not going to be able to follow any type of plan. I WILL say that I do my best and I am still losing weight so I am somewhat satisfied.

I too was self pay, went to Mexico to have it done, and being from Ohio, going back to Mexico for fills is out of the question!

The fill center USA is already a two hour drive (one way) for me. The first visit was like $350.00-that gets you "joined". You get a fill, a consult, a nice book and now your a member. Now you can go to ANY fill center USA in the country and get a fill for $165.00.

I didn't think that was too bad. They weigh you, and talk to you, and tell you to come back when you need to. :D

They have a referral program, so if you do want to join, maybe I could "refer" you and we both could save a little off our fills.

Why did your doc's abandon you? Were you not losing like they thought you should?? Or what? That sounds like bull*** to me! Even the Mexican facility told me to come back for free fills for a year...its just not practical....obviously!

The fill centers are contracted established facilities. The one I go to is a Plastic Surgery Clinic that has contracted with "fill centers USA" to do fills for them, for people like us. Who have moved, or have gone out of the country, or their docs abandon them :( Fill centers trains them to do the fills.

They are nice wonderful and caring, just not like "real" aftercare. No judgment, just doing the fills--ya know?

Its nice in a way because I don't have to answer to anyone,,,but bad in a way,,,cuz I don't have to answer to anyone LOL

Keep in touch!

Wishing you success and health!

Love to all

K~

I feel your pain kim I have been doing the same thing! My doctors have abandoned me. I was self pay, tried to get in for one last fill before by 3 months was up and they said no and now wont return my call. I'm so mad at them but will not give up and will call again today. I googled the fill centers, it might be what I will have to do, can I ask you how much the fills are there?

Kimberly what make of band do you have? Did you get an ID card to register with the band maker? (Allergan is mine) I could have sworn that I was told I could attend any support meetings with my ID card. I might be remember wrong though. But maybe you could find out where the closest band doctor is to you and attend their monthly support meetings. Or maybe even post online for a local group to meet monthly for support. But an authorized support group would be better.

--------------------------

As for me, I ate a shrimp for lunch and really paid with pain. I went to a fish place and ordered their salmon special. It came with some sort of cajun sauce on top with shrimp. When I saw them I knew better, but still tried to chew them real good and eat them. Man, what a mistake. I was driving back to work and had to pull over and puke twice. Just want I want to be seen doing, vomiting on the side of the road. :thumbdown:

I think I am going to do a 2 day liquid fast because my stomach feels swollen, even after 6 hours.

Hope everyone is doing good. I am dealing with some personal issues right now and feeling a bit blue. :thumbdown:

I too have an Allergan band and yes I have a card too. There is no support groups within an hour of me, and I did call a few of the local doctors and asked about aftercare. They were all rediculous. We are talking a few thousand in tests..etc...before they would see me --because they did not do the surgery ..I think its more because I had it done in Mexico. I don't feel I need that anyway. I get my support group right here-- THANKS TO ALL OF YOU!

I hope your feeling better soon Minimeme.. and Loveslady--Your doing GREAT-- 47 pounds gone! Thats wonderful.

Take care-

K~