Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September 2009 Band Date

Hi September Bandsters - you all seem to be doing so well! I have also hit somewhat of a plateau for the last 3 weeks. Down ( and up) the same 2 lbs. I have a fill scheduled for mid-February. I am actually starting to have a bit more trouble with certain foods than I did earlier and I am afraid my Doc will not want to give me a fill if I tell her. I seem to have more difficulty with meat and find myself going to the Protein Shakes instead. It just started a few weeks ago and was not related to a recent fill. Has anyone else had that problem? Thanks!

Finally Onderland again! 198lbs! Hopefully it begins to go down again and not up and down.

Hi September Bandsters - you all seem to be doing so well! I have also hit somewhat of a plateau for the last 3 weeks. Down ( and up) the same 2 lbs. I have a fill scheduled for mid-February. I am actually starting to have a bit more trouble with certain foods than I did earlier and I am afraid my Doc will not want to give me a fill if I tell her. I seem to have more difficulty with meat and find myself going to the Protein Shakes instead. It just started a few weeks ago and was not related to a recent fill. Has anyone else had that problem? Thanks!

Amanda are you stressed at all? Or more stressed than usual? I have problems on and off. But really it is no fun to be too tight. Is it red meat you are having a problem with? Try the stopclock trick - and w/ red meat our support group says we just have to work harder - ie chew even MORE. Glad you got back down to 198!!! It could be muscle weight too. Are you doing measurements?

:cursing:

Amanda are you stressed at all? Or more stressed than usual? I have problems on and off. But really it is no fun to be too tight. Is it red meat you are having a problem with? Try the stopclock trick - and w/ red meat our support group says we just have to work harder - ie chew even MORE. Glad you got back down to 198!!! It could be muscle weight too. Are you doing measurements?

I think it was my body trying to plateau after losing so much weight so fast, and it should be getting back to normal. Bought some new workout videos to change up my exercise routine a bit as well. Seeing some definition in my arms and abs. Going to take and post some new pictures maybe later today after I take a nap. I'm at work right now and it's 2 in the morning, so going to go home and take a nap first.

:cursing:

I think it was my body trying to plateau after losing so much weight so fast, and it should be getting back to normal. Bought some new workout videos to change up my exercise routine a bit as well. Seeing some definition in my arms and abs. Going to take and post some new pictures maybe later today after I take a nap. I'm at work right now and it's 2 in the morning, so going to go home and take a nap first.

Amanda, my plateau lasted a whole month! kept gaining and losing the same couple of pounds. I'm finally moving again since my last fill. It's wonderful, I have to remind myself to eat. I stay full 4 hrs or more on 1/2 c. food. Still journaling my foods, counting calories & Proteins only. exercising 30 mins cardio/15 mins strenth training 5 days a week. I lost 2 lbs this week YAY!

Amanda, my plateau lasted a whole month! kept gaining and losing the same couple of pounds. I'm finally moving again since my last fill. It's wonderful, I have to remind myself to eat. I stay full 4 hrs or more on 1/2 c. food. Still journaling my foods, counting calories & Proteins only. exercising 30 mins cardio/15 mins strenth training 5 days a week. I lost 2 lbs this week YAY!

That's great! Congratulations!

Finally Onderland again! 198lbs! Hopefully it begins to go down again and not up and down.

Yay! Welcome to town, so happy to see you here! :wink:

Posted some new pics in my album here on lapband talk. Check them out! Hope everyone is doing well. I'm doing great.

Hi everyone!

I just found this site and I am sooooo thankful I did! I am a 29yr old single mom of 2 amazing kids. Alexis will be 9 in March and Dylan will be 7 in June! I have a small daycare in my home and I'm VERY involved in my children's school and extracirricular activities. We stay super busy but I love it! :tongue:

I had my surgery on 9/17 and I'm down 22 pounds....I've had 2 fills (up to 3 cc's in a 10 cc band).....3rd one is scheduled for 2/5. I feel like I have stalled out! I really expected to be further along by now. BUT I suppose after so many years of the scale constantly going up, I should just be happy that I am not gaining! I'm still trying to figure out how all of this works. I know that sounds ridiculous. I researched the band for a year before I ever went to the seminar, and I feel like I know all of the stuff I'm supposed to know but actually living it and making the right choices is coming MUCH harder than I expected it to. I don't feel like I have restriction...actually to be honest, I don't really know what that should feel like. I do know that if I eat too fast or don't chew well enough, I get that "stuck" feeling, but it doesn't last long...a few minutes maybe. So I guess I'm looking for some input from you guys about what I should be doing, what the right way to travel this journey is and what exactly does restriction feel like? Will I know??

Also, I have a tendency to sleep on my stomach and sometimes when I wake up in the morning, I have to move out of that position very slowly, because it feels like the port area is tearing. It stings....I asked the doctor about it and he assured me that it has not torn and it's probably just pulling on the muscle??? Has anyone else experienced this?

I am so excited to have found this thread!!!!! :smile2:

Melissa

weight.png

Edited by MelsPage

Hi everyone!

I just found this site and I am sooooo thankful I did! I am a 29yr old single mom of 2 amazing kids. Alexis will be 9 in March and Dylan will be 7 in June! I have a small daycare in my home and I'm VERY involved in my children's school and extracirricular activities. We stay super busy but I love it! :tongue:

I had my surgery on 9/17 and I'm down 22 pounds....I've had 2 fills (up to 3 cc's in a 10 cc band).....3rd one is scheduled for 2/5. I feel like I have stalled out! I really expected to be further along by now. BUT I suppose after so many years of the scale constantly going up, I should just be happy that I am not gaining! I'm still trying to figure out how all of this works. I know that sounds ridiculous. I researched the band for a year before I ever went to the seminar, and I feel like I know all of the stuff I'm supposed to know but actually living it and making the right choices is coming MUCH harder than I expected it to. I don't feel like I have restriction...actually to be honest, I don't really know what that should feel like. I do know that if I eat too fast or don't chew well enough, I get that "stuck" feeling, but it doesn't last long...a few minutes maybe. So I guess I'm looking for some input from you guys about what I should be doing, what the right way to travel this journey is and what exactly does restriction feel like? Will I know??

Also, I have a tendency to sleep on my stomach and sometimes when I wake up in the morning, I have to move out of that position very slowly, because it feels like the port area is tearing. It stings....I asked the doctor about it and he assured me that it has not torn and it's probably just pulling on the muscle??? Has anyone else experienced this?

I am so excited to have found this thread!!!!! :smile2:

Melissa

weight.png

Welcome Melissa,

I am at 6.7cc in my 10cc band. My restriction keeps me full longer with less food. I eat 1/2 c. meals and it will usually keep me full with no hunger pains for 4 hours. This week my restriction has started to fade, I am sometimes having to eat a whole cup of food and it is lasting more like 3 hours. This is my idea of restriction, staying full longer with less food. I am being very cautious with my fills, I want to be able eat foods, just slowly. I didn't feel any restriction until my last fill. Hope this helps.

Hi Dee,

Yes that helps alot! Thank you! Right now it feels like I can eat whatever I want. That bothers me and I don't understand why all of you guys seem to have much more in your bands than I do! My surgeon does not fill the band when he does the surgery at all. My first fill was at the end of october and he put 2 cc's in, I had lost 20 lbs by that point. I went back mid december for my 2nd fill, having only lost 1 pound between October and December and he found that 1 cc had stayed in the band?? So he too that out and tried to put 3 cc's in to get me to 4 total but I couldn't get the Water down so he removed 1 cc putting me at a totall of 3 in the band! I'm so confused by that though because, swallowing water at 4 cc's was impossible, yet at 3 cc's the day after my fill I was starving every 2 hours and felt NO restriction! Then I saw the dietician earlier this month and again...only 1 pound since December??? Hmmmm....I think I'm going to talk to him about it at my next appt! Can 1 cc really make that big of a difference?

I am so happy to have found this thread! I really needed to see that I am not as far off the mark as I thought! What a blessing!!

Hi Dee,

Yes that helps alot! Thank you! Right now it feels like I can eat whatever I want. That bothers me and I don't understand why all of you guys seem to have much more in your bands than I do! My surgeon does not fill the band when he does the surgery at all. My first fill was at the end of october and he put 2 cc's in, I had lost 20 lbs by that point. I went back mid december for my 2nd fill, having only lost 1 pound between October and December and he found that 1 cc had stayed in the band?? So he too that out and tried to put 3 cc's in to get me to 4 total but I couldn't get the Water down so he removed 1 cc putting me at a totall of 3 in the band! I'm so confused by that though because, swallowing water at 4 cc's was impossible, yet at 3 cc's the day after my fill I was starving every 2 hours and felt NO restriction! Then I saw the dietician earlier this month and again...only 1 pound since December??? Hmmmm....I think I'm going to talk to him about it at my next appt! Can 1 cc really make that big of a difference?

I am so happy to have found this thread! I really needed to see that I am not as far off the mark as I thought! What a blessing!!

Yeah I would talk with him. We are all different and every dr is different but sounds like you need more of a fill to me. Good luck.

Hi everyone!

I just found this site and I am sooooo thankful I did! I am a 29yr old single mom of 2 amazing kids. Alexis will be 9 in March and Dylan will be 7 in June! I have a small daycare in my home and I'm VERY involved in my children's school and extracirricular activities. We stay super busy but I love it! :bored:

I am so excited to have found this thread!!!!! :unsure:

Melissa

weight.png

Hi melissa, I was banded on sept.16 and have 5.8ccs in my 10cc band and am at the point of almost being too full. But I have to tell you I didnt have very much restriction with my 1st three fills..it was the fourth one that really hit the spot. Everyone is different and finds their sweet spots at different cc's but my advice is to just keep going in for your fills, you will eventually feel it..:blink: Good luck!

I had posted a video on youtube, but now I'm thinking about removing it because some people are so cruel and stupid. I had a message from someone and their message was so cruel and idiotic, first it hurt my feelings and then it pissed me off. I sent them a very KIND message in return and then I blocked them from my account and reported them. So what does everyone think? Should I remove the video? If you want to check it out it's by amandaksparrow under lapband video. Let me know what you think. I have lost another pound, so I'm happy about that. Take care.

Hey Amanda - well I think you look great. I personally do not like posting pics of myself on the internet where I am fair game unless special access is required but thats me. Maybe posting the video here where the audience is 'safer' and have more in common? I have seen some people post videos here on messages. In any case you look fantastic and its great to see the progress!! Its more of a privacy thing for me- I've had people look me up on linkedin where I thought my profile was private there (well it is now :biggrin: