Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September 2009 Band Date

Sept 2nd is my fate. Going ok. Lost 28lbs so far.

Welcome to the Sexy Septembers and Congrats on losing 28lbs! That is awesome!:sneaky:

nawlinzlady... i posted about it in the sep 09 grp there is a whole thread on first fills quite good. let me know if u cant find

I found the thread, thank you for sharing your experience. I noticed star is feeling a great deal of restriction, how about you?

Hi Ladies,

Well the slight restriction and appetite control I had for about a week after my first fill is now totally GONE and I can eat anything and everything, and feeling much more hungry. Very annoying!

I just want to get on with it! My next fill is not for another 2 weeks. I am contemplating putting myself on liquids for a couple days just to get a boost in weight loss. Ugh.

I have 4 ccs already, but it is doing nothing. How is everyone else doing?

Gen, I managed to live on liquids for a month, but I was still hungry. I didn't take away the hunger. Maybe it will jump start your loss again. I know that I am just plain stuck and I keep trying to repeat to myself ...this is a lifelong committment...this is a marathon...etc. etc. Sometimes it works, most times not :thumbup:

Hey all!

I have not had my first fill yet, and am not loosing anything. My chest contantly feels tight, like I can not take a deep breath. It doesn't matter if I am hungry or full. I am afraid a fill will make this feel worse! Anyone else feel this? I am 4 weeks post op today. This feeling has been there since the surgery, and I thought it would get better by now, but it isn't. Any ideas or suggestions??

Kimberlyann, we were banded around the same date, I don't feel that tightness anymore, it went away around the 2nd week, but everyone is different. When is your first fill scheduled?

Sept 2nd is my fate. Going ok. Lost 28lbs so far.

Sexy Septembers' Band List

Soco 9/01/09

Amandakrangel 9/1/09

Coloradomom (Gen) 9/1/09

ms_Hart37 9/1/09

mosean6278 09/01/09

katklaws 09/01/09

SmilinShel (Michelle) 09/01/09

Comet321 (Chris) 9/1/09

ivy76 9/02/09

Tanpay 9/02/09

$occer mom 9/3/09

agnaus (Terri) 9/3/09

Jmtmb (JoLynne ) 9/4/09

JLDChester(Jamie)9/4/09

Cortney75 (Cortney) 9/4/09

tzn (Karena) 9/8/09

mrsyellis (yohontas)9/08/09

juststarting 9/8/09

Jules 09/09/09

Soldiersgem(ginna) 9/9/09

pr8453(Pam) 9/9/09

bradybrat 09/09/09

Ready4a2ndchance 9/09/09

travel (Anita) 09/09/09

kittkat2009 09/10/09

Hmarko (helen) 9/11/09

stardustic 9/11/09

BrentinLA 9/14/09

Queen Bee 9/14/09

amwash23 9/14/09

romain123 9/14/09

Nawlinzlady (Dee) 9/15/09

Anni80 (annie) 9/15/09

Lula 9/15/09

smallerj (jes) 9/16/09

Boo Cakes 9/16/09

Hardygostlin (Jody) 9/17/09

Loveslady(Tawonda) 9/17/09

Gatorgirl1024 (Shelley) 9/17/09

MishiB (Michelle) 9/17/09

Kimberlyann2009 (Kimberly) 9/17/09

Sharie3 9/21/09

Italia2020 (Mia) 09/21/09

Ariane (Ariane) 09/21/09

Jenna1979 (Jennifer) 09/22/09

Dgaratoni (Donna) 09/22/09

Pookiemp 9/23/2009

leigna 09/24/09

Kelly~v 09/24/09

Dewberry (Sandra) 09/27/09

Chickychoo (Jill) 09/28/09

Kinzie 09/28/09

Soexcited 9/30/09

ShrinkingV (Vickie) 9/30/09

Katlynn (Kat) 9/30/09

I have not scheduled my fill yet. I had my surgery in Mexico and and kinda "on my own". I will go to Fill Centers USA for the fill, when I decide too. I was thinking of having it in a week or so, but the chest tightness has me a bit concerned, I really don't think it is "restriction" I am feeling, because I can eat quite a bit..lol. But on the other hand, a fill may get the weight loss going again. So I just don't know! I seem to loose and gain the same 2 pounds for over a week and a half now...even though I am eating less.

K~

PS-Where is that "first fill" thread. Have we all moved over there?????

Hi y'all. Just wanted to check in with everyone. I started back to work and have been very busy, but doing well. Only lost a lb last week, but that's ok. At least it's something. I also fit into a 18. I went and put some clothes on layaway. Size 16s and hoping they will fit by the time get them out. Well will check in soon. Take care.

Wow 41 pounds! That is awesome! How much have you lost since surgery?

Congrats on the 18s! It feels so great to move to a smaller size! :thumbup:

Hi Ladies,

Well the slight restriction and appetite control I had for about a week after my first fill is now totally GONE and I can eat anything and everything, and feeling much more hungry. Very annoying!

I just want to get on with it! My next fill is not for another 2 weeks. I am contemplating putting myself on liquids for a couple days just to get a boost in weight loss. Ugh.

I have 4 ccs already, but it is doing nothing. How is everyone else doing?

Gen - how did you feel when they did the fill? Did they make you drink Water? They started me at 5.5 and I couldn't get any Water down for 45 mins so took out .8 cc's. Right now I am on liquids and I feel a little pressure I have to sip the liquids. Tomorrow will try mushy. I guess he wanted to do the 5.5 because it does go away and to tide me over. My next fill is in 3 weeks. You could be having just a bad restriction day - some days are better/worse than others.

Hey all!

I have not had my first fill yet, and am not loosing anything. My chest contantly feels tight, like I can not take a deep breath. It doesn't matter if I am hungry or full. I am afraid a fill will make this feel worse! Anyone else feel this? I am 4 weeks post op today. This feeling has been there since the surgery, and I thought it would get better by now, but it isn't. Any ideas or suggestions??

The fill will probably make ur chest tighter. I never felt that 4 weeks post op - do you eat? Did you by any chance have a hernia?

There is a Sept 2009 support section so many of us post over there as its easier to follow topics there. I'm in both places but I wouldn't repeat posts that are there on this thread that I have written. Its prob not the best 'forum ettiquette to cross post'. If you scroll down to support you will see 2009 bandsters then open that up and you will sep 2009.

Yes I eat. I am eating mainly soft foods in small amounts about 5 times a day. This tighness feels worse at night. If I do have a hernia, no one ever told me!

I have not had any problems with food getting stuck, or coming back up or anything, but I stop eating after just a small amount because I am afraid it will hurt. But then I am hungry again in a few hours. Do you think it is the band I am feeling??? Almost feels like over taxed muscles (but I have not been excersizing yet). I just hope this goes away.

K~

Where do you find support forum for sept 2009???? I scrolled down and found nothing. I also am still not losing. I started excercising and that is still not moving weight. For the people that are putting themselfs back on liquids, I don't think that's a good idea since we have been instructed to follow doc plans for a reason. To reintroduce our new stoma to solids slowly over a period of weeks. If you are on liquids and then get a fill and try to go right to solids there may be complications!!!!! My doc said not to worry about losing right now, we are all still healing inside and the inside takes longer to heal than the outside. Donna

Hey all!

Actually I don't think its the band but the diaphragm because you said you feel it when you breath and you can't take deep breathes (that is how my first week felt like). And you have it whether you eat or not. When its restriction you feel it if you eat too fast or don't chew as a pressure in your chest.

Here is the link to sept 09 support and the first fill thread is there.... September 09 Bandsters - LAP-BAND

Yes I eat. I am eating mainly soft foods in small amounts about 5 times a day. This tighness feels worse at night. If I do have a hernia, no one ever told me!

I have not had any problems with food getting stuck, or coming back up or anything, but I stop eating after just a small amount because I am afraid it will hurt. But then I am hungry again in a few hours. Do you think it is the band I am feeling??? Almost feels like over taxed muscles (but I have not been excersizing yet). I just hope this goes away.

K~

I asked about the hernia because I think it is common and that tends to hurt more post op (I think but I am not sure i didn't have one - just from what I read here). Normally you have more restriction in the morning less at night. So what happens if you do your surgery in Mexico and need support do the fill docs in the US support that? How many incisions do you have? It could just be that they may not have gotten rid of the air they blew into you which may take your diaphragm longer to heal... do you have the left shoulder pain still?

Where do you find support forum for sept 2009???? I scrolled down and found nothing. I also am still not losing. I started excercising and that is still not moving weight. For the people that are putting themselfs back on liquids, I don't think that's a good idea since we have been instructed to follow doc plans for a reason. To reintroduce our new stoma to solids slowly over a period of weeks. If you are on liquids and then get a fill and try to go right to solids there may be complications!!!!! My doc said not to worry about losing right now, we are all still healing inside and the inside takes longer to heal than the outside. Donna

link to sept - September 09 Bandsters - LAP-BAND

I agree on trying to eat solids... and yes after fill you may need to be extra careful then. I have to avoid solids for 4 days after a fill anyway.

Wow 41 pounds! That is awesome! How much have you lost since surgery?

Congrats on the 18s! It feels so great to move to a smaller size! :scared2:

I have lost a total of 20 lbs since surgery with a total of 42 lbs. Yeah, I'm happy I haven't been in a 18 since I started nursing school over 2 years ago. Hang in there! I have my days as well where I have no restriction, but I work nights and I find that I am more restricted at night and in the morning. My next fill is on the 26th. When is yours?

Gen - how did you feel when they did the fill? Did they make you drink Water? They started me at 5.5 and I couldn't get any water down for 45 mins so took out .8 cc's. Right now I am on liquids and I feel a little pressure I have to sip the liquids. Tomorrow will try mushy. I guess he wanted to do the 5.5 because it does go away and to tide me over. My next fill is in 3 weeks. You could be having just a bad restriction day - some days are better/worse than others.

I felt absolutely nothing with the water test afer my first fill. Took me like 5 seconds to drink the water. The Dr. said he was surprised.

That night after the fill I had a (large) bowl of cream of broccoli Soup, and the next morning a regular sized bowl of oatmeal. Did not feel different at all. Then, about a week later, I felt less hungry and was full after a regular meal. (Regular sized - like at least 1.5 cups of food). Now, nothing. Don't feel any restriction at all :scared2:.

I have lost a total of 20 lbs since surgery with a total of 42 lbs. Yeah, I'm happy I haven't been in a 18 since I started nursing school over 2 years ago. Hang in there! I have my days as well where I have no restriction, but I work nights and I find that I am more restricted at night and in the morning. My next fill is on the 26th. When is yours?

My next fill is 10/28. How much do you have in your band?

I just ate a healthy dinner (after nothing but Protein Shakes and some broth all day). Here's what I had: Kashi frozen chicken and pilaf meal (10 oz., 280 cals.), about 1 cup of salad with low-fat dressing, and 1/4 cup of grilled veggies. In other words, more than I should be able to eat! I was full after that meal (around 400 cals?) but it just seems like toooo much food.

I have been exercising several times a week, but I need to have more of a routine - too many days I just get to the evening and I'm too tired (or lazy!)

I am about where you are weight loss wise - 20 to 22 lbs lost since surgery depending on the day. Happy about that!:scared2:

Gen - Can you go sooner for a fill? They told me I would be able to if I needed to. I scheduled it in 3 weeks but i can go as soon as a week if I want.

Amanda - how do you get more restriction at night - wish I had that... do you sleep days and work nites so is nites what would be my morning?

Sexy Septembers' Band List

Soco 9/01/09

Amandakrangel 9/1/09

Coloradomom (Gen) 9/1/09

ms_Hart37 9/1/09

mosean6278 09/01/09

katklaws 09/01/09

SmilinShel (Michelle) 09/01/09

Comet321 (Chris) 9/1/09

ivy76 9/02/09

Tanpay 9/02/09

$occer mom 9/3/09