Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September 2009 Band Date

I had my band on 9-17. I am on solid foods now and seem to be hungry about every 2-3 hours. I had lost 18 pounds and have regained 3. I seem to be able to eat quite a bit, or just about anything. ?? Hoping this will change after a fill. I had my surgery in Mexico and am not being followed up on, just kinda winging it~!

Anyone hungry two weeks post op?

Thanks--

I regained 2-3 soon as I went on to mushies - I wasn't surprised though as the weight loss on liquid was too drastic so it was either Water weight coming back (likely that was it) as it was instantanous. Now I am at about 2 lb a week. Or 1.5 a week. I am logging my food. I also am starting to have this internal struggle as follows:

Part of me wants to order sushi tonight because i love it and when restricted may never be able to have it...

Another part of me feels like experimenting w/ various food may open a Pandora's box... better off sticking to the sauteed sole. I am eating the sole as we speak. Anyone going thru this?

But yes that is bandster hell. I am staying to within 1200 calories so something is going on and the other day w/ the ground chicken it took a while to go down.

nawlinzlady

oh no no - there was no bread involved in this chicken burger I should have said ground chicken pattie - i made it myself and I added a bit of marinara and mozzarella on it. (I really HATE chicken burgers but love grilled chicken breast i will need to try this next).

I'm with you - no carbs for me. I also have PCO so any carbs i eat go right to the hips. I don't even plan on trying to eat those things. When I lose 100 lbs then I'll consider it :thumbup:

I regained 2-3 soon as I went on to mushies - I wasn't surprised though as the weight loss on liquid was too drastic so it was either Water weight coming back (likely that was it) as it was instantanous. Now I am at about 2 lb a week. Or 1.5 a week. I am logging my food. I also am starting to have this internal struggle as follows:

Part of me wants to order sushi tonight because i love it and when restricted may never be able to have it...

Another part of me feels like experimenting w/ various food may open a Pandora's box... better off sticking to the sauteed sole. I am eating the sole as we speak. Anyone going thru this?

But yes that is bandster hell. I am staying to within 1200 calories so something is going on and the other day w/ the ground chicken it took a while to go down.

Hey, sushi is not so bad! I think it is okay to try different things as long as you don't venture into "trigger" foods (for me, usually salty carbs). I have been more lax, not logging my food lately, and still down 19. I am thinking, this is really a way of life, its not just another "diet", so I am not going to totally deprive myself. At the same time, I am not going to go back to eating junk either.

Sounds like you are doing well!

Hey, sushi is not so bad! I think it is okay to try different things as long as you don't venture into "trigger" foods (for me, usually salty carbs). I have been more lax, not logging my food lately, and still down 19. I am thinking, this is really a way of life, its not just another "diet", so I am not going to totally deprive myself. At the same time, I am not going to go back to eating junk either.

Sounds like you are doing well!

Hi there! Yea not sure... sushi can trigger me - that rice is carbs and it is sweetened I believe. I figured I can not deprive myself in 3 months when I have more restriction and got used to my new way of life. I almost don't want to test the boundaries!

I did feel more restriction today at lunch, and I was less hungry all day. I had a Boca burger and 1/2 cup of that low-fat ricotta...thought I would not be able to finish it all at one point, but I did. I had to eat slower, and I was totally full when I was done.

However, I just had dinner - I got a Wendy's chili - but the large size, not small. I was able to eat the entire bowl, so that is like 1 3/4 cups. I feel fine now, not stuffed, not still hungry, but wondering if I am one of those people who can eat a bunch at night but tighter during the day?

Anyway, I love that chili! My family is ordering pizza later, so I will have to avoid that entirely!

I was down another pound today, bringing me to 19 pounds lost! Yippee! :thumbup:

Yea I sometimes feel more restriction than other times - on given days and also time of day. Who knows :) Congrats on the other lb! and the overall weightloss!

So what did totally full feel like at lunch? I tend to feel it in my chest i guess where the pouch is. Soon as that feels remotely tight I stop. I can't imagine you can get full in your stomach below but this is the new full feeling?

Now the pizza? I might be eating the top off it :)

I was reading back on older posts, I guess this is what is called Bandster Hell huh??? I am trying to eat healthy and small portions, but it does seem, as I start to feel better and heal...my appetite is coming back as well!

The only thing I have had any trouble with is Pasta. Felt like it was kinda getting stuck. Good luck to all bandsters!!

Love-

K~

Kimberly~I am trying to stick with low carb so I haven't tried any bread or pasta, you may have to cut it really small first? My appetite is back as well....:)

Well - I was banded Sept 18th 2009 - and I feel great. I don't have any pain and healing very well.

I eat really small portions every 3 hours and drinking a lot of Water and herbal tea inbetween.

I do get hungry but as soon as I eat - it goes away. I'm down 17 pounds since the preop - so I guess that's pretty good.

Curious about the first fill in a few weeks and how I will feel then as I don't really feel restriction at this point.

Bendy~even though my hunger is back, I still feel restriction, I am unable to eat as much as I used to, I get full much quicker.

I did feel more restriction today at lunch, and I was less hungry all day. I had a Boca burger and 1/2 cup of that low-fat ricotta...thought I would not be able to finish it all at one point, but I did. I had to eat slower, and I was totally full when I was done.

However, I just had dinner - I got a Wendy's chili - but the large size, not small. I was able to eat the entire bowl, so that is like 1 3/4 cups. I feel fine now, not stuffed, not still hungry, but wondering if I am one of those people who can eat a bunch at night but tighter during the day?

Anyway, I love that chili! My family is ordering pizza later, so I will have to avoid that entirely!

I was down another pound today, bringing me to 19 pounds lost! Yippee! :thumbup:

Gen~ you are one pound away from 20lbs, AWESOME!

Now the pizza? I might be eating the top off it :)

My family had pizza one night this week, I ate the toppings off two slices, I really wanted to try one bite of the crust, but I am really trying to stay away from carbs and I read on someone's blog of getting the foamies after eating pizza....skeered me :thumbup::ohmy:

Hi guys,

I am having a little problem...I am 2 and a half weeks post op and was feeling fine until about three days ago...I started the mushie phase and all of a sudden I started getting nauseous..even the thought of eating anything pureed and i am ready to throw up...matter of fact the thought of eating just about anything makes me very nauseated...i talked to the surgeon on call tonight and he prescribed me some antinausea pills but they arnt working very well...and also now i am having some very mild soreness in the stomach area...anyone else have this or know anything about this...any input would help..thanks guys.:thumbup:

Hi guys,

I am having a little problem...I am 2 and a half weeks post op and was feeling fine until about three days ago...I started the mushie phase and all of a sudden I started getting nauseous..even the thought of eating anything pureed and i am ready to throw up...matter of fact the thought of eating just about anything makes me very nauseated...i talked to the surgeon on call tonight and he prescribed me some antinausea pills but they arnt working very well...and also now i am having some very mild soreness in the stomach area...anyone else have this or know anything about this...any input would help..thanks guys.:thumbup:

I still experience a little soreness where the band was placed. Are you sore around where they cut you or just inside? I never experienced any nausea, just gas :)

I haven't felt nauseous at all. Its weird that it is non stop. Can it be something else like a bug? What have you been eating for mushies?

PS I only experience soreness where the port is. Exercise seems to make it worse but today I walked and I felt it being sore.

Just wanted to post real quick. I am feeling a little more restriction than before the fill especially in the morning. Now I know why people have their Protein Shakes in the morning. I only lost a pound this week but I only exercised 3 days this week as well, just haven't felt like it. Next week is a new week though and I will start it off with a bang. Well hope all is well. Take care.

Just wanted to post real quick. I am feeling a little more restriction than before the fill especially in the morning. Now I know why people have their Protein Shakes in the morning. I only lost a pound this week but I only exercised 3 days this week as well, just haven't felt like it. Next week is a new week though and I will start it off with a bang. Well hope all is well. Take care.

We are already on low calories so the only thing we can do to keep the weightloss going is to increase our exercise. Way to go Amanda!:smile:

Woke up this morning and down 2 lbs since yesterday, so that is a total of 3 lbs this week, so that is good. Hope everyone has a great Sunday.

Yea I sometimes feel more restriction than other times - on given days and also time of day. Who knows :( Congrats on the other lb! and the overall weightloss!

So what did totally full feel like at lunch? I tend to feel it in my chest i guess where the pouch is. Soon as that feels remotely tight I stop. I can't imagine you can get full in your stomach below but this is the new full feeling?

Now the pizza? I might be eating the top off it :thumbup:

I guess the full feeling starts up toward my chest. It is not the same as the old full feeling.

Not being hungry so much is great! But still, battling head hunger all the time. I sat in front of that pizza for like 3 hours (we had guests over), and finally ate my 3 year old's tiny slice, crust and all. Somewhat sorry to report that it did not cause me any problems at all going down...But thrilled to report that I did not suffer on the scale, and actually went down another .4 the next day. I think keeping up the exercise is really the key for me. Makes me feel like I can afford small splurges like the pizza every once in a while!

Yesterday I ate almost nothing all day...1 small Protein Bar (140 cals) and 1 boca burger (100 cals). Then came dinner. We had friends over (again) and the adults had steak, the kids had tacos. I went with the kids' cuisine, and had 1 taco, 2 tablespoons of Beans, and some salad. It was if I had no restriction at all, I ate everything with no problem whatsoever. Still, in the old days I would have had some of the steak AND at least 1 taco, etc....So I am still eating WAY less than I used to. :smile: