Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September 2009 Band Date

Just an official congratulations to ALL September Bandsters!

I know some of those who have had their surgery recently are still experiencing recovery...so good healing vibes your way.

Those who are making big strides and getting SV and NSV. Congratulations!

I am still on soft for 2 more weeks..then a fill..then rinse and repeat....I won't know what to do when I can eat other stuff...although at this point, I don't think I really miss it. I am officially OVER my cinnamon bun flavored Protein Shake though...that one is going to the back of the cupboard for awhile :)

Cinnamon bun ? sounds yummy, what brand is it? The one i use tastes like choc/peanut butter cups, i love it but I am very tired of it now and could use a new flavor

Cinnamon bun ? sounds yummy, what brand is it? The one i use tastes like choc/peanut butter cups, i love it but I am very tired of it now and could use a new flavor

I ordered some sugar free Peanut Butter Syrup (along with a few other fab flavors) from DaVinci and plan to add that to plain vanilla to change it up. I bought BSN Lean Dessert Protein Powder. I have LOVED the banana Cream (just killed the tub). The cinnamon bun has been really good...but like you..just got tired of it. I got mine at Amazon.< /p>

That is what I thought as well. After surgery I did 1 week of liquids and then he had me do mushies for 2 weeks and then I was on regular food, but he seems a little more conservative about post-fills. The good thing is so far so good. I'm ok with the liquids, they keep me satisfied. I had the best Protein Shake this morning. It was 1 scoop of muscle milk chocalate, 1 scoop vanilla EAS Protein, ice, 2 cups milk, and 1 tbs of Peanut Butter for a total of 620 calories and 62 g protein and I had half of it this morning and I will have the rest for lunch. It was delicious. Then tonight I will have a Soup cup. I hope your fill goes well. Let us know how much you get. Take care.:)

Well my doc put me on low carb low fat until my first fill on the 22nd. He say this but I'm thinking of still being very liberal with my eating. That sounds good. Do you think I could add fruit? ? Honestly, my Protein Shakes are nasty and I'm trying to find a way to make them better.

Well my doc put me on low carb low fat until my first fill on the 22nd. He say this but I'm thinking of still being very liberal with my eating. That sounds good. Do you think I could add fruit? ? Honestly, my Protein Shakes are nasty and I'm trying to find a way to make them better.

I don't see why not, because fruit is a good carb and I use to do that when I was on a low carb diet. Go for it.

I got my first fill yesterday! The doc put 4 ccs in my 10 cc band. Sooo easy, he got to the port on the first try, and I barely felt a pinch.

So far, not noticing much difference...but I am on liquids and mushies tomorrow. I hope this thing will kick in soon! My next fill appt. is not until Oct. 28.

So who has had a fill already - how much, and did you notice a big difference or no?

I got my first fill yesterday! The doc put 4 ccs in my 10 cc band. Sooo easy, he got to the port on the first try, and I barely felt a pinch.

So far, not noticing much difference...but I am on liquids and mushies tomorrow. I hope this thing will kick in soon! My next fill appt. is not until Oct. 28.

So who has had a fill already - how much, and did you notice a big difference or no?

Cool! can't wait to hear more. 4 sounds on the higher side if you read some of the posts here where they say it takes them 4-5 fills to get to the 'sweet' spot. Today i was eating a chicken burger and I definitely feel a difference as I ate 3 bites fast and it was stuck just not going down. This is before a fill so definitely not the same as before. I can't wait my weight has stalled.

Cool! can't wait to hear more. 4 sounds on the higher side if you read some of the posts here where they say it takes them 4-5 fills to get to the 'sweet' spot. Today i was eating a chicken burger and I definitely feel a difference as I ate 3 bites fast and it was stuck just not going down. This is before a fill so definitely not the same as before. I can't wait my weight has stalled.

I do not plan on trying to eat bread or crackers at all with my new band, I am trying to keep a low carb diet and I have read too many horror stories of people PBg with bread getting stuck.

OMG, this Soup is soooo good! My whole family loved it and I wanted to share it.

Butternut Squash Soup

Prep Time: 20 mins

Cook Time: 47 mins

Serves: 8

Packed with Vitamin A and Fiber, this creamy soup blends the flavors of squash, sweet potatoes, and apples. Molasses and cinnamon add sweet and spicy overtones.

Ingredients

2 pounds butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cut into 2" pieces

1 sweet potato, peeled and cut into 2" pieces

2 cans (13 3/4 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth, defatted

2 tablespoons light molasses

1 teaspoon chopped fresh tarragon or sage

1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg

1 large onion, chopped

1 tart apple, sliced

2 cloves garlic, sliced

salt

ground black pepper

1 cup 1% low-fat buttermilk

2 tablespoons chopped fresh italian parsley

Directions

• In a large saucepan, combine the squash and sweet potatoes. Cover with cold Water and bring to a boil. Cook for 25 to 35 minutes, or until very soft when tested with a sharp knife. Drain and return the vegetables to the saucepan. Stir in the broth, molasses, tarragon or sage, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Remove from the heat.
  • Coat a medium no-stick skillet with no-stick spray and place over medium heat until hot. Add the onions, apples, and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 7 minutes, or until soft. Add to the squash mixture.
  • Working in batches, puree the squash mixture in a blender or food processor. Season with the salt and pepper. Return the mixture to the saucepan.
  • Cook over medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes, or until warm. Ladle into bowls. For each serving, swirl in 2 tablespoons of the buttermilk. Sprinkle with the parsley.

CALORIES117.6 CAL

FAT0.6 G

SATURATED FAT0.3 G

CHOLESTEROL1.9 MG

SODIUM337.8 MG

CARBOHYDRATES26.1 G

TOTAL SUGARS11.1 G

DIETARY FIBER3.4 G

PROTEIN4.3 G

I found this recipe online and made it last night as a little celebration of fall. It felt good to cook something healthy and even my granddaughters loved it. This recipe makes 8 servings, I froze some in my little 1/2 cup containers for latter use.

I got my first fill yesterday..I have a total of 3.5 cc now..I can tell a difference but I am on mushies the rest of the day, tomorrow I get to go back to solid food...I am soooo looking forward to this..........

I only have 2.7 cc's and I really don't feel a difference but we will see when I start back on soft foods.

I had my band on 9-17. I am on solid foods now and seem to be hungry about every 2-3 hours. I had lost 18 pounds and have regained 3. I seem to be able to eat quite a bit, or just about anything. ?? Hoping this will change after a fill. I had my surgery in Mexico and am not being followed up on, just kinda winging it~!

Anyone hungry two weeks post op?

Thanks--

I had my band on 9-17. I am on solid foods now and seem to be hungry about every 2-3 hours. I had lost 18 pounds and have regained 3. I seem to be able to eat quite a bit, or just about anything. ?? Hoping this will change after a fill. I had my surgery in Mexico and am not being followed up on, just kinda winging it~!

Anyone hungry two weeks post op?

Thanks--

Yep, I'm getting along on plain willpower which I always have a short supply of. :smile:

I was reading back on older posts, I guess this is what is called Bandster Hell huh??? I am trying to eat healthy and small portions, but it does seem, as I start to feel better and heal...my appetite is coming back as well!

The only thing I have had any trouble with is Pasta. Felt like it was kinda getting stuck. Good luck to all bandsters!!

Love-

K~

Well - I was banded Sept 18th 2009 - and I feel great. I don't have any pain and healing very well.

I eat really small portions every 3 hours and drinking a lot of Water and herbal tea inbetween.

I do get hungry but as soon as I eat - it goes away. I'm down 17 pounds since the preop - so I guess that's pretty good.

Curious about the first fill in a few weeks and how I will feel then as I don't really feel restriction at this point.

I did feel more restriction today at lunch, and I was less hungry all day. I had a Boca burger and 1/2 cup of that low-fat ricotta...thought I would not be able to finish it all at one point, but I did. I had to eat slower, and I was totally full when I was done.

However, I just had dinner - I got a Wendy's chili - but the large size, not small. I was able to eat the entire bowl, so that is like 1 3/4 cups. I feel fine now, not stuffed, not still hungry, but wondering if I am one of those people who can eat a bunch at night but tighter during the day?

Anyway, I love that chili! My family is ordering pizza later, so I will have to avoid that entirely!

I was down another pound today, bringing me to 19 pounds lost! Yippee! :thumbup: