Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September 2009 Band Date

Amanda did they do the fill w/ an x-ray - how can they tell there is a stenosis of the stoma?

Yeah, they did it with x-ray. They saw the stenosis on x-ray they said that it was probably scar tissue and that it is normal.

I am drinking a Protein Drink called PrescriptFit,its pretty good, I have added mushies now, cottage cheese, scrambled eggs and tuna with a little light mayo. I have some tightness @ port site but its less and less each day. My doctor wont allow anything but low impact cardio, I have slowly increased my walking and now do 90 mins.

I asked about the foilage because we are leaving on a cruise from boston-new orleans in 3 wks.:(

please let me know the cruise line as I didnt know went from New Orleans to Boston, my hubby would love it. I did 4 miles on a walking track yesterday it felt good but tired, other than I do I was doing 30 mins of walking outside since I got out of the hospital.

I am scheduled to be at the surgical center at 11:30 today, then the actual surgery is at 1:00. I am a little nervous, got a little emotional dropping my girl off at school this a. m. I'm just a sap in general though! No food, drink or anything from midnight thru after surgery, so I am missing my coffee!

One other thing, I had a terrible reaction to the pre antibiotics my doc gave me the week before surgery. I had a horrible rash all over my arms, legs and chest. Itchy red bumps and very flushed all over. The antibiotic is called Mupirocin. Anyone else had an issue like this? I am better now, he prescribed me a steroid pack that has pretty much healed everything up. the steroids are making me crazy though! I have been up in the middle of the night cleaning and cooking....my hubbys about to divorce me, although I am keepn the house very clean and hes gettn some good meals...heheheh

I will post this evening when I am home! Good luck to all !

Jodi

Morning all ! Good luck to those having surgery today.. All is well here, no issues to speak of. Month end at work is crazy so I don't get many chances to drop a line.

My prayers go out to all of you...those having troubles I pray that you heal quickly

Well I had my first fill today. I have 2.7 cc's in my band now. They also said that I had a little stenosis at the stoma which causes a little of a natural band. He said it's like I have two bands and that I probably will not need as many fills as some, so that's cool. Just when I had started on real foods now I'm stuck on liquids again for a week, then soft foods for 7 days and then I can have real food again, Oh well it will fly by. The needle was not bad at all. I thought it would be worse, but I almost didn't even feel it. I am also drinking fine, so that is good. Well hope everyone is fine. Will check in later.:(

Sounds like it went well! 2 weeks of liquids/soft is a long time! I think I have 3 days liquids and 3 days soft after a fill? Have to check again.

My first fill is today, just hoping they are not tooooo conservative!

A little update...I am on my way to Denver for my first fill. Excited!

Almost 1 month since banding and I am SO close to hitting 215...almost 19 pounds down!

In a huge NSV, I fit into size 16 Gap jeans now, you can see pics on my blog! Never thought I would post public pics of me in jeans!

Hoping to get that "not hungry" feeling back soon!

Good luck to all who have surgery these last few days, and best to those still healing!

A little update...I am on my way to Denver for my first fill. Excited!

Almost 1 month since banding and I am SO close to hitting 215...almost 19 pounds down!

In a huge NSV, I fit into size 16 Gap jeans now, you can see pics on my blog! Never thought I would post public pics of me in jeans!

Hoping to get that "not hungry" feeling back soon!

Good luck to all who have surgery these last few days, and best to those still healing!

congrats you look fantastic!

Sounds like it went well! 2 weeks of liquids/soft is a long time! I think I have 3 days liquids and 3 days soft after a fill? Have to check again.

My first fill is today, just hoping they are not tooooo conservative!

That is what I thought as well. After surgery I did 1 week of liquids and then he had me do mushies for 2 weeks and then I was on regular food, but he seems a little more conservative about post-fills. The good thing is so far so good. I'm ok with the liquids, they keep me satisfied. I had the best Protein Shake this morning. It was 1 scoop of muscle milk chocalate, 1 scoop vanilla EAS Protein, ice, 2 cups milk, and 1 tbs of Peanut Butter for a total of 620 calories and 62 g protein and I had half of it this morning and I will have the rest for lunch. It was delicious. Then tonight I will have a Soup cup. I hope your fill goes well. Let us know how much you get. Take care.:)

As of today, I am 4 lbs shy of my Turkey Day Challenge goal of 20 lbs! whoohoo! I am very excited. Although I felt like I could probably lose more by Turkey Day, I am determined to keep myself to smaller one because I will have 3 week vacation before Turkey Day that will be challenging and I won't get my first fill until 8 wks post op because of my trip.

I am trying to work out a Non-food reward system for myself as I reach these little goals. (ie shoes or a manicure)

Here is my question:

Do you reward yourself for your weightloss accomplishments?

What type of rewards ?

I don't want to do clothes since I do not intend to fit in them very long :)

GOOD LUCK TO THE LAST OF OUR SEXY SEPTEMBERS BEING BANDED TODAY!

Soexcited 9/30/09

ShrinkingV (Vickie) 9/30/09

Katlynn 9/30/09

waynes6 (jodi) 9/30/09

Edited by nawlinzlady

I am scheduled to be at the surgical center at 11:30 today, then the actual surgery is at 1:00. I am a little nervous, got a little emotional dropping my girl off at school this a. m. I'm just a sap in general though! No food, drink or anything from midnight thru after surgery, so I am missing my coffee!

One other thing, I had a terrible reaction to the pre antibiotics my doc gave me the week before surgery. I had a horrible rash all over my arms, legs and chest. Itchy red bumps and very flushed all over. The antibiotic is called Mupirocin. Anyone else had an issue like this? I am better now, he prescribed me a steroid pack that has pretty much healed everything up. the steroids are making me crazy though! I have been up in the middle of the night cleaning and cooking....my hubbys about to divorce me, although I am keepn the house very clean and hes gettn some good meals...heheheh

I will post this evening when I am home! Good luck to all !

Jodi

I Hope your surgery went well...welcome to the banded side...:)

Thx for the well wishes all! Everything went very smoothly yesterday, I was in surgery as scheduled at 1:00, it took about an hour and a half. I was awake in recovery at around 3:30 I think. Thats the first I remember at least. I only have two incisions, and he also repaired a small hiatal hernia I had, so I am glad for that. Last nite wasn't too bad with the soreness, this morning though I am very stiff and achy all over. My belly has some bad bruising around the cuts, no stitches though, just that "dermabond" stuff, kinda cool.

I am resting at home the rest of the week, and hope to be back to work next Monday. I think I will be ok, I have a desk job, so if my brain will function decently, I'll make it!

Take care all! Jodi:thumbup:

Thx for the well wishes all! Everything went very smoothly yesterday, I was in surgery as scheduled at 1:00, it took about an hour and a half. I was awake in recovery at around 3:30 I think. Thats the first I remember at least. I only have two incisions, and he also repaired a small hiatal hernia I had, so I am glad for that. Last nite wasn't too bad with the soreness, this morning though I am very stiff and achy all over. My belly has some bad bruising around the cuts, no stitches though, just that "dermabond" stuff, kinda cool.

I am resting at home the rest of the week, and hope to be back to work next Monday. I think I will be ok, I have a desk job, so if my brain will function decently, I'll make it!

Glad to hear everything went well. Take your pain meds and walk, walk, walk and slowly increase your walking each day. That helped me more than anything else (except maybe the gasX) lol

Congratulations, I'm glad everything went well.:)

Just an official congratulations to ALL September Bandsters!

I know some of those who have had their surgery recently are still experiencing recovery...so good healing vibes your way.

Those who are making big strides and getting SV and NSV. Congratulations!

I am still on soft for 2 more weeks..then a fill..then rinse and repeat....I won't know what to do when I can eat other stuff...although at this point, I don't think I really miss it. I am officially OVER my cinnamon bun flavored Protein Shake though...that one is going to the back of the cupboard for awhile :)