Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September 2009 Band Date

W My stomach hurt for a while and I get extremely weak. OH, yeah I'M STARVING!!! I don't think I could do the whole 2 wks of liquids. Now I'm having a little chest pain. I wouldn't even call it pain more like pressure.I'm ready to be better now.

Have you been exercising? I'm convinced that walking is almost the cure for all. Get out and move around. ONce I started doing that I started feeling better. Take care!

Hmm I have to find it... i got part skim ricotta and its 170 cals a half cup. i do love melted mozz though.

I need more practice with no drinking too getting better i end up catching myself thinking about it. What are you guys doing for exercise - i just walk home from work 1.5 miles. I used to ride my horse but i can't yet and now she is out of commission for longer than me.

I am starving too but you MUST not skip your stages your stomach has to heal. I was the LEAST hungry on the Protein shakes if you can believe that. unjury Protein only no other junk like sugars. which can make you hungry - read your label. Now that i have carbs in my life I am getting hungry again. no matter how little.

So i know you didn't get much guidance so maybe everyone can tell you what they were told.

I was on thin liquids for 10 day (that means they CAN be sipped thru a straw but should NOT be due to the gas).

Then I went to pureed food for 10 days (where I am now). Flakey fish can be forked mash (tilapia, sole). I am also allowed scrambled eggs on this stage, fat free refried Beans w/ melted cheese; thick Soups.

I did not need to take vicodin past 3 days. I did have the single incision done so maybe that is less pain. You should be going for your post op soon so you can check in with them. You don't have any fever do you? Check that and your incisions to make sure they aren't feeling or looking worse (what you can see if them).

I've been doing an hour of cardio 4-5 times a week. The doc says I can start strength training in another 2 weeks. Can't wait for that. Want to avoid as much sagging skin as possible.:thumbdown:

I've been doing an hour of cardio 4-5 times a week. The doc says I can start strength training in another 2 weeks. Can't wait for that. Want to avoid as much sagging skin as possible.:thumbdown:

I am just now starting to feel like I can do something more than walking (still no weights or anything) but elliptical I can do - about to be 2 weeks post op. I liked the emails sparkpeople sends there was one about working out in the AM which i really HATE to do but I should read that email daily and maybe I will motivate!

I am just now starting to feel like I can do something more than walking (still no weights or anything) but elliptical I can do - about to be 2 weeks post op. I liked the emails sparkpeople sends there was one about working out in the AM which i really HATE to do but I should read that email daily and maybe I will motivate!

I LOVE the www.sparkpeople.com emails as well! They are so inspirational! They don't bombard you will pages of info at one time. They send you daily emails with little inspirational type tips and educational, but very uplifting. I have learned so much from them.

GOOD LUCK TO THOSE BEING BANDED TODAY!

leigna 09/24/09

srsextonrn 09/24/09

Celestial 9/24/09

Edited by nawlinzlady

I LOVE the www.sparkpeople.com emails as well! They are so inspirational! They don't bombard you will pages of info at one time. They send you daily emails with little inspirational type tips and educational, but very uplifting. I have learned so much from them.

GOOD LUCK TO THOSE BEING BANDED TODAY!

leigna 09/24/09

srsextonrn 09/24/09

I have used sparkpeople in the past, maybe I will give it a go again. Thanks ladies!

Hmm I have to find it... i got part skim ricotta and its 170 cals a half cup. i do love melted mozz though.

I need more practice with no drinking too getting better i end up catching myself thinking about it. What are you guys doing for exercise - i just walk home from work 1.5 miles. I used to ride my horse but i can't yet and now she is out of commission for longer than me.

I am starving too but you MUST not skip your stages your stomach has to heal. I was the LEAST hungry on the Protein shakes if you can believe that. unjury Protein only no other junk like sugars. which can make you hungry - read your label. Now that i have carbs in my life I am getting hungry again. no matter how little.

So i know you didn't get much guidance so maybe everyone can tell you what they were told.

I was on thin liquids for 10 day (that means they CAN be sipped thru a straw but should NOT be due to the gas).

Then I went to pureed food for 10 days (where I am now). Flakey fish can be forked mash (tilapia, sole). I am also allowed scrambled eggs on this stage, fat free refried Beans w/ melted cheese; thick Soups.

I did not need to take vicodin past 3 days. I did have the single incision done so maybe that is less pain. You should be going for your post op soon so you can check in with them. You don't have any fever do you? Check that and your incisions to make sure they aren't feeling or looking worse (what you can see if them).

Thanks for the advise. i am trying to hold on. I go to the doctor on oct 1. I can't wait. He was thinking of filling me then and putting me on low carb high proteint diet. Basically skipping the mushies. I don't know if I'm going to be ready for that. Today, I was close to an axiety attack(fear, shaking, near hyperventalating) and I'm very weak with a slight pain on the side as the device but I don't think its device related. I don't have fever and my cuts look decent. I have 5. think im getting better just small things are making me loose it. I am having applesauce. My Protein shake is making me nauseos now.:mad:

Have you been exercising? I'm convinced that walking is almost the cure for all. Get out and move around. ONce I started doing that I started feeling better. Take care!

Yes. seems if I walk one day the next day I don't feel so good.

Yes. seems if I walk one day the next day I don't feel so good.

Just hang in there. Just tell yourself you can do this and visualize yourself doing it and you will. Good luck!:mad:

gotcha covered minimeme :mad: welcome home

September Band List

Soco 9/01/09

Amandakrangel 9/1/09

Coloradomom (Gen) 9/1/09

ms_Hart37 9/1/09

mosean6278 09/01/09

katklaws 09/01/09

SmilinShel (Michelle) 09/01/09

Comet321 (Chris) 9/1/09

ivy76 9/02/09

Jenno 9/02/09

$occer mom 9/3/09

Jmtmb (JoLynne ) 9/4/09

JLDChester(Jamie)9/4/09

Cortney75 (Cortney) 9/4/09

tzn (Karena) 9/8/09

mrsyellis (yohontas)9/08/09

Jules 09/09/09

Soldiersgem(ginna) 9/9/09

pr8453(Pam) 9/9/09

bradybrat 09/09/09

Ready4a2ndchance 9/09/09

travel (Anita) 09/09/09

kittkat2009 09/10/09

Hmarko (helen) 9/11/09

stardustic 9/11/09

BrentinLA 9/14/09

Queen Bee 9/14/09

amwash23 9/14/09

romain123 9/14/09

Nawlinzlady (Dee) 9/15/09

Anni80 (annie) 9/15/09

Lula 9/15/09

Potto 9/16/09

smallerj (jes) 9/16/09

Boo Cakes 9/16/09

Hardygostlin (Jody) 9/17/09

Loveslady(Tawonda) 9/17/09

Gatorgirl1024 (Shelley) 9/17/09

MishiB (Michelle) 9/17/09

Bendy H (Brenda) 9/18/09

Sharie3 9/21/09

Italia2020 (Mia) 09/21/09

Ariane (Ariane) 09/21/09

Jenna1979 (Jennifer) 09/22/09

BrokeGranny (Jan) 9/22/09

Mimimeme 9/22/09

Pookiemp 9/23/2009

leigna 09/24/09

srsextonrn 09/24/09

Celestial 9/24/09

Chickychoo (Jill) 09/28/09

Kinzie 09/28/09

QMOM 9/28/09

Soexcited 9/30/09

ShrinkingV (Vickie) 9/30/09

I haven't been checking my blood sugars since technically, I don't have diabetes. Well I check it and it was 58. I think this may be my problem so I called my LAP-BAND® physicians and asked if I have something sweet cause I know that's dangerous. At first they didn't want to answer but their nurse called back and told me to get some juice or a piece of candy. My regular physican has yet to call.:mad:

Edited by Loveslady

I haven't been checking my blood sugars since technically, I don't have diabetes. Well I check it and it was 58. I think this may be my problem so I called my LAP-BAND®® physicians and asked if I have something sweet cause I know that's dangerous. At first they didn't want to answer but their nurse called back and told me to get some juice or a piece of candy. My regular physican has yet to call.:mad:

Hang in there everyone is different. But try not to give up on the walking, you really need it!

Hi September Bandsters: I was banded on September 22. Please add me to your list. I have been reading everyones posts and you all were a great help.

I had a hiatal hernia repair and a 14cc LAP-BAND®® with a 5cc fill done in surgery. I am feeling pretty good. I do have some gas pain but not real bad. Someone suggested that I ask the doctor to remove as much gas as they could after surgery (you would think they would) so I did. His assistant told me they got as much out as they could.

I feel the hernia repair is the most painful thing so far. I am not hungry at all. About 54 hours post surgery and I am taking the Hydrocodone in the morning and evening and liguid tylenol in between (way too sweet). I have been walking as much as I can. Doctor wants 10 minutes of every hour I am awake. I am not doing that much because I tend to faint so I have to go a little slower. Everytime that I do walk the gas moves to another spot so I know it is helping.

Glad to hear most everyone is doing well.

Have a great day!!!!

Edited by pickles123

September Band List

Soco 9/01/09

Amandakrangel 9/1/09

Coloradomom (Gen) 9/1/09

ms_Hart37 9/1/09

mosean6278 09/01/09

katklaws 09/01/09

SmilinShel (Michelle) 09/01/09

Comet321 (Chris) 9/1/09

ivy76 9/02/09

Jenno 9/02/09

$occer mom 9/3/09

Jmtmb (JoLynne ) 9/4/09

JLDChester(Jamie)9/4/09

Cortney75 (Cortney) 9/4/09

tzn (Karena) 9/8/09

mrsyellis (yohontas)9/08/09

Jules 09/09/09

Soldiersgem(ginna) 9/9/09

pr8453(Pam) 9/9/09

bradybrat 09/09/09

Ready4a2ndchance 9/09/09

travel (Anita) 09/09/09

kittkat2009 09/10/09

Hmarko (helen) 9/11/09

stardustic 9/11/09

BrentinLA 9/14/09

Queen Bee 9/14/09

amwash23 9/14/09

romain123 9/14/09

Nawlinzlady (Dee) 9/15/09

Anni80 (annie) 9/15/09

Lula 9/15/09

Potto 9/16/09

smallerj (jes) 9/16/09

Boo Cakes 9/16/09

Hardygostlin (Jody) 9/17/09

Loveslady(Tawonda) 9/17/09

Gatorgirl1024 (Shelley) 9/17/09

MishiB (Michelle) 9/17/09

Bendy H (Brenda) 9/18/09

Sharie3 9/21/09

Italia2020 (Mia) 09/21/09

Ariane (Ariane) 09/21/09

Jenna1979 (Jennifer) 09/22/09

BrokeGranny (Jan) 9/22/09

Mimimeme 9/22/09

Pickles123 9/22/09

Pookiemp 9/23/2009

leigna 09/24/09

srsextonrn 09/24/09

Celestial 9/24/09

Chickychoo (Jill) 09/28/09

Kinzie 09/28/09

QMOM 9/28/09

Soexcited 9/30/09

ShrinkingV (Vickie) 9/30/09

I was banded the 22nd. Still having quite a bit of pain lotsof gas, the dr told me i could take gas x. Im having a hard time getting anything down including Water any one have any suggestions.