Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September 2009 Band Date

First of all welcome to all the new bandsters and soon to be bandsters. I'm so excited for all of us. I' m so happy to hear that everyone that has been banded so far, are doing great. I feel great. I occasionally have gas at night but it has gotten a lot better. My next appointment is on the 21rst. Can't wait to see Dr. Snow. Hopefully he will lift some of my restrictions so I can go back to work. Well I am down a total of 31 pounds since August 1rst and couldn't be any happier. I have to agree with Colorado and Soco, I'm not gaining anything back, LOL. Keep up the great job and goodluck to everyone still waiting on their surgery. Talk to y'all later.:w00t:

First of all welcome to all the new bandsters and soon to be bandsters. I'm so excited for all of us. I' m so happy to hear that everyone that has been banded so far, are doing great. I feel great. I occasionally have gas at night but it has gotten a lot better. My next appointment is on the 21rst. Can't wait to see Dr. Snow. Hopefully he will lift some of my restrictions so I can go back to work. Well I am down a total of 31 pounds since August 1rst and couldn't be any happier. I have to agree with Colorado and Soco, I'm not gaining anything back, LOL. Keep up the great job and goodluck to everyone still waiting on their surgery. Talk to y'all later.:w00t:

Wow, 31 lbs is awesome! How much did you lose on your pre-op diet, and what was your diet? I am trying to figure out what to do now that I am hungry again. That restriction thing was like magic! But gone for now until my first fill on 9/30. :blushing:

I also had Dr. Snow. He also gave me the suppositories for nausea which were a wast eof money because I never had use them. He did the single incision on me, I don't know why he does it on some and not on others. How are you feeling? We should get together sometime? I am in Burleson.:w00t:

Did you have prior surgeries? My doctors says sometimes he has to do the single incision to get around scar tissue from prior surgeries. I had 2 surgeries so he told me not to be surprised if i wake up with the single incision.

I'm with you Gen, even though it's only been 10 pounds for me.. They are not coming back. I haven't counted my calories but, that's a good idea. I'm still getting shoulder pain. I hope it goes away soon. How are you doing?

Hey 10 lbs is great! Good for you. I am totally done with the shoulder pain, almost all gas pains are gone now. I am feeling good. Actually looking forward to being able to exercise, because I know that will help during the hungry Bandster Hell stage. I am really sick of the liquid thing. Soup soup soup, Protein Shakes, enough already! Hope you are feeling well!

Hey 10 lbs is great! Good for you. I am totally done with the shoulder pain, almost all gas pains are gone now. I am feeling good. Actually looking forward to being able to exercise, because I know that will help during the hungry Bandster Hell stage. I am really sick of the liquid thing. Soup soup soup, Protein Shakes, enough already! Hope you are feeling well!

Soco, What is your doctors recommendation on exercise? Did he give you any do's and dont's or when's? What about earlier banders?

I also had Dr. Snow. He also gave me the suppositories for nausea which were a wast eof money because I never had use them. He did the single incision on me, I don't know why he does it on some and not on others. How are you feeling? We should get together sometime? I am in Burleson.:w00t:

We should definately get together sometime! I live about a block from Dr. Snow's office. I feel ok, I stopped using the suppositories yesterday, no need for them anymore. I agree, total waste of money. I'm still not hungry but I do drink lots of Water.

Are you having trouble keeping yourself in bed resting? I am, for some reason I have become like my 2 year old, afraid to miss anything lol.

one more thing, when can I take all these freakin bandaids off :w00t:

Hey Ready...thanks for the response. My LSD consists of

brft-protein bar

snack-1/2 piece of fruit

lunch-protein bar

snack-1/2 piece of fruit

dinner-3 oz of lean meat

brocolli(1 cup)

snack-1/2 piece of fruit

I'm used to eating ALOT more than that in a day. Day 1 hasn't been too bad...but I just got up:blink:. Hope everyone is having a wonderful day.

Hi banders -

Glad to read everyone is doing good. Today is post op day 6 for me. I am feeling so much better. Most of my gas is gone. I have add a little bit of full liquids to my diet yesterday. I just needed something a little more. So yesterday did egg drop Soup and a bowl of that really filled me up. Also did one sugar free pudding.< /p>

Tonight I am going to try a cream soup.

My goal today is to do a half gallon of Water. I am almost there. I just need to push myself on the water. I am drinking easier.

I weighed myself today and through this whole process now I have lost 22 lbs. I am so happy. I don't want to see it to start creep back up at all. So when I start the mushy phase I should feel good enough to do some exercises that should help keep the weight falling off.

I am so glad I had this surgery. I have named my band Laney. She is going to be my best friend for the rest of my life and I know at time my worst enemy. But she is forever part of me now to help me on this journey. I am thinking of starting a blog...the adventures of Laney. :w00t:

Here is a question for all post op banders. Every morning I wake up to a tightness in my chest. I am guessing this is the band and how most have talked about not eating in the AM because of the tightness. It goes away about an hour or so after waking but I was just curious if you all feel this too or if it is just me.

TZN my doctor said the strips can come off 7 days post op if they have not fallen off. I had a gauze pad type band aid over them for the first 24 hours, but that could come off after 24 hours. They mentioned if I take a shower that day to leave them on then take them off. If you are not sure I would check with your surgeons office. ( I was told there is no harm in leaving them on just my surgeon will remove them at my first appointment if still on. )

To everyone going through or into surgery. Good Luck, I will be thinking of all of you and prayers will be with you.

Those of us post op. I hope to keep reading how we are feeling better each passing minute. Knowing that it is all worth it!

:blushing: Cortney

Colorado and SOCO, i dont want that weight back on either, but was told several times not to get discouraged if it does before my 1st fill !! I am trying very hard to keep to the protien shakes and lots of Water, Soup, etc. but my 1st fill insnt until Oct. 11. The surgeon said it had to be exactly 6 weeks from the surgery, not a day before ! Even though he said I could move to the mushy stage and then regular food. So I am very nervous about the next 4 weeks. Any suggestions!?:w00t:

Add me to the list,

travel (Anita) 09/09/09

Back home today . My shoulder pain went all the way up my neck. It wasn't until 1AM that I was able to get medicated enough to sleep. I was fully hooked up, the IV, gases, leg massagers all night. I had a room all to myself, very quiet area. Nice TV remote with speaker, was able to watch the Beatle's Anthology on VH1.

Almost no pain so far except for the neck, shoulder.

Can't stay awake, but I get up to drink and use the exercise glider.

Anita

Welcome home Travel

Soco 9/01/09

Amandakrangel 9/1/09

Coloradomom (Gen) 9/1/09

ms_Hart37 9/1/09

mosean6278 09/01/09

katklaws 09/01/09

ivy76 9/02/09

Jmtmb (JoLynne ) 9/4/09

JLDChester(Jamie)9/4/09

Cortney75 (Cortney) 9/4/09

tzn (Karena) 9/8/09

mrsyellis (yohontas)9/08/09

Jules 09/09/09

Soldiersgem(ginna) 9/9/09

pr8453(Pam) 9/9/09

bradybrat 09/09/09

Ready4a2ndchance 9/09/09

travel (Anita) 09/09/09

Hmarko (helen) 9/11/09

stardustic 9/11/09

Nawlinzlady (Dee) 9/15/09

Anni80 (annie) 9/15/09

smallerj (jes) 9/16/09

Hardygostlin (Jody) 9/17/09

Loveslady(Tawonda) 9/17/09

Gatorgirl1024 (Shelley) 9/17/09

MishiB (Michelle) 9/17/09

Sharie3 9/21/09

Pookiemp 9/23/2009

leigna 09/24/09

Chickychoo (Jill) 09/28/09

Kinzie 09/28/09

Soexcited 9/30/09

SmilinShel (Michelle) 09/01/09

Comet321 (Chris) 9/1/09

Wow, 31 lbs is awesome! How much did you lose on your pre-op diet, and what was your diet? I am trying to figure out what to do now that I am hungry again. That restriction thing was like magic! But gone for now until my first fill on 9/30. :frown:

I lost 22 lbs pre-op and I did a full liquid diet of mostly Protein Shakes and Soups. I have been hungry too and I am trying to stay under 6 meals a day. 3 meals that are less than 300 and two less than 150 calories. But as long as I stay under 1200 I am fine and I feel satisfied. I have also started back to the gym even though I am just walking on the treadmill till I am cleared by the surgeon.:thumbup:

Did you have prior surgeries? My doctors says sometimes he has to do the single incision to get around scar tissue from prior surgeries. I had 2 surgeries so he told me not to be surprised if i wake up with the single incision.

Yes I had two c-sections.

We should definately get together sometime! I live about a block from Dr. Snow's office. I feel ok, I stopped using the suppositories yesterday, no need for them anymore. I agree, total waste of money. I'm still not hungry but I do drink lots of Water.

Are you having trouble keeping yourself in bed resting? I am, for some reason I have become like my 2 year old, afraid to miss anything lol.

Yeah! I couldn't stay still. I was more comfortable when I was up and about. Plus I didn't want a DVT.