Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September 2009 Band Date

Hey everyone, I made it to the banded side of life!!! The surgery went great, no problems at all. I have been SOOOO sleepy, and sleeping most of the day. I am a little sore, but not too bad (as long as I keep the Vicodin rolling):tongue2:QUOTE]

Congratulations! I am so glad to see you posting so soon and saying you are feeling fine! Good luck on your long drive home tomorrow!

Congratulations to all the Sept 1 bandsters! I hope you are all recovering great! Good luck to all those coming up the rest of this week!

I have 7 more days of pre-op diet(9-9-09) but I am very excited now after hearing how well you all are doing! :thumbup:

Just a quick post to let you know that I am home and doing well. Will let you guys know the details when I am not as tired from anesthesia. Hope everyone else did good. LUVS.:mad:

Amanda, so glad to hear you are doing good! Get plenty of rest! Congratulations!:thumbup:

My "Official" insurance approval letter came in the mail Saturday. I am ready to get this thing going. My surgery date is September 28th as long as everything is ok with my pre-op testing. My husband and I are going on vacation a week before I start my 2 week liquid journey. I am hoping I can find something that will not make me gag. :mad: Wish me luck September bandsters.:thumbup:

Colorado Mom~ Way to go Bandie!!! LOL Do you like the sound of that? Well, maybe not quite yet. Sounds uncomfortable being in a hotel room the first night, but I am sure with your pain pills and being tired you'll sleep good I hope. Glad it all went great!!! WHOO HOO!!!! :mad:

Megan~ GOOD LUCK TOMORROW!!! We'll be thinking of you too, be sure to let us know when you get home and how it went. :thumbup:

QMom~ Best of luck to you!!! Very exciting. I am still waiting for my approval if you haven't read and feel I'm getting the run around. I have my pre-ops the 8th and surgery the 16th. So, hopefully they decide to tell me soon!!! :w00t:

Edited by BooCakes

My "Official" insurance approval letter came in the mail Saturday. I am ready to get this thing going. My surgery date is September 28th as long as everything is ok with my pre-op testing. My husband and I are going on vacation a week before I start my 2 week liquid journey. I am hoping I can find something that will not make me gag. :mad: Wish me luck September bandsters.:thumbup:

Hi, we have the same date, the 28th. Yipee

Hi Everybody ! Congratulations Sept. 1st Banders :thumbup: Glad everyone is doing so well. I had my last appt. today and that was with my reg. doctor for pre-surgical physical. He was awesome about the whole thing ! Said he feels left our because the surgeons office has handled everything up until now, but I told him his was the most important because he has the final say. LOL Anyway, everything is a go for this Friday. I am so ready to be banded after 2 weeks of Clear Liquids, I know I have another 2 weeks, but I think it will be better after being banded:) Getting excited now. My surgery is at 11:00 am Fri. and I have to spend one night in the hospital. DH will be staying with me, so I will be just fine. Welcome to all the new Sept. bandsters!!

Hi Everybody ! Congratulations Sept. 1st Banders :mad: Glad everyone is doing so well. I had my last appt. today and that was with my reg. doctor for pre-surgical physical. He was awesome about the whole thing ! Said he feels left our because the surgeons office has handled everything up until now, but I told him his was the most important because he has the final say. LOL Anyway, everything is a go for this Friday. I am so ready to be banded after 2 weeks of clear liquids, I know I have another 2 weeks, but I think it will be better after being banded:) Getting excited now. My surgery is at 11:00 am Fri. and I have to spend one night in the hospital. DH will be staying with me, so I will be just fine. Welcome to all the new Sept. bandsters!!

2 WEEKS OF CLEAR LIQUIDS :thumbup: That is tough. I only have 4 days I will need to do so I give you big props for that. Only a few more days! Hang in there.

Hi everyone, my surgery went well also. Was banded yesterday with only 1 incision!! My surgeon, Dr. Erbella, said it is the newest proceedure for the lap band. I have just had some neck and shoulder pain from the gas, but otherwise, just some soreness at the incision site. All that worrying for nothing. And for everyone beating them selves up about the pre-op liquid diet, DONT!!! He said my liver was perfect! I say that because I know how hard it is to be on liquids only for 2 weeks, and I wasnt able to do it everyday, and like I said, it was a text book perfect surgery. I am very tired, but otherwise feel GREAT!!! wish i wouldve done this sooner. Oh well, things happen for a reason. I guess this is the right time now, not earlier. Good luck to everyone whos surgery is today!! And I have to say Dr. Erbella is the best!! :thumbup:

Feeling better today. I am swallowing better today, so I am doing clears today. I have slight gas discomfort in my stomach but nothing too bad. I took some Gas x which seems to help. I able to burp without a problem. No shoulder pains, so I am happy about that. Have a little pain around my incision especially the incision around my bellybutton. But overall I feel pretty good. I' m glad to hear from the other two that had surgery, glad you guys are doing well. Just waiting to hear from Soco who had her surgery as well yesterday. I'm also looking forward to hearing from the guys who are having surgery as well today, can't wait to hear how that goes. Good luck all!:thumbup:

Hi everyone.... Congrats to those just banded. I feel like my surgery will never happen,I cant find any meetings in IL that are somewhat near me. Ill travel 2 hrs if I have to. I have to fit one more in before I go to the doctor on Sept 28th. I have lost my motivation for this preop stuff I mean how many carrots and salads can you eat ???? I have lost 21 lbs since I began this whole insurance diet thing and I cant gain 1 pound or the insurance will take away my approval..... I know this but I continue to eat..... HELP,,,,, I keep telling myself oh Ill be fine by then but shit it took 9 months to loose the 21 and I can gain 5 in day it seems that is NOT fair. I hate my metabolism.....uggghh.........

How do u get the ticker to actually shw instead of a link>>>>> Thats another frustration,,,,,, Boy I am full of frustrations seems like,,,,,,,I need to do something postive,,,, think ill get off the computer and go pick up my new and first grandson......

Amanda~ So glad your doing good today! That's good about the gas and burping, everyone says that can be terrible.

Karebear~ Hang in there girl and DON'T give up. You can do it!!!! You've made it his far and 21 pounds is alot. Just keep on hear reading, go to the before and afters and try and keep yourself inspired. It's not fair how easy it is to gain, but that is why we're here. Just hang tight!!!!

Mosean~ Glad your doing well. ONLY ONE Incision. That is awesome. I know my guy doesn't do one. That would be nice though. Your officially on your way.

Can't wait to hear how today's group goes and to those on pre-op's hang in there, your day is almost here!!! :blink:

OMG! I took a nap because I didn't sleep well last night. Woke up and felt like someone hit me with a car. I know it's just by the surgery. I remember feeling the same way after my c-section. Hope everyone is doing ok.:blink:

Are you taking the pain meds? I think I'll just keep a low dose in me post-op to try and lessen pain. I'm worried about Migraines with the anesthesia.

It would be nice to have a chart with who has surgery when. I know several share my surgery date, but I haven't kept track who. Thanks to those of you for keeping in touch.

I just finished my pre-admit and testing. I see the surgeon tomorrow.

Anita