Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September 2009 Band Date

I think you should call.. forget about bugging them. It's their job, besides in these cases persistence does pay off. Sometimes they have a desk full of papers and if it takes a call for them to find yours... What are you waiting for do it! Good Luck and You were right it seemed like I wasn't loosing any weight and then all of a sudden I notice my clothes are looser. However, I've been afraid to jump on the scale... :unsure:

Thanks Soco and I was inspired by your post and called them and the case was reviewed the 24th and is still pending. I don't know if that should make me extra nervous, like why wasn't it just approved? Ugh...I just want to know!!! LOL So, I guess I'll call next week and see. I just hate sitting in this limbo and I'm so excited for my surgery (which is scheduled for the 16th) and don't want to find out a week before it's cancelled. Oh well, I am at their timeline I suppose. Patience...patience...patience... :)

That is great you are noticing your clothes feeling looser. That is always a wonderful feeling, before you know it they'll be falling off!!! :D Keep up the good work!!!! :thumbdown:

Boo

amchenai, I feel the same way as you, not worried at all about the actual surgery but changing my lifestyle permanently and being able to do it. I'm still eating whatever I want right with a little bit of "last supper" mentality. I'm traveling tomorrow for 6 days and figured I'll just enjoy myself and start dealing with it all when I get back.

Boo, sorry your file is still pending. I hope you hear something soon, did they give you and estimated time? My insurance approved mine super fast, in fact way faster than I ever expected. It was weird!

Did all of you have upper and/or lower GI's? My surgeon did not require that. And he didn't mention anything about shrinking the liver either. Weird. I'm wondering if my ekg needs to be repeated since it will be more than 30 days until my surgery. I'd hate for something like that to slip it up.

I'm off to visit family and enjoy myself. Be around later next week.

Kim

surgery 9/15

Hi there! My surgery is scheduled for Sept. 4th. I started my pre-op diet last Friday. Clear Liquids only with 30 grams of whey Protein per day. I am using the vanilla flavored powder mixed with Powerade. Not too bad. I have already lost 12.5 pounds in 5 days. Not too shabby. Can't wait for the surgery though. This liquid diet really sucks :thumbdown:

I am scheduled for the 4th too and started my pre op the same time as you. I have lost about 8 lbs so far. I have been drinking a lot of broth and that is retaining some Water. It has been pretty hard but I am hanging strong.

Good luck to you :unsure:

Boo - I hope everything works out and you get that approval soon!!! I know it took my insurance a few weeks after everything was submitted to be approved.

As far as everyone else eating everything before their pre op diet I was the same way. In fact I am dreaming of the food I did not eat and all day reading anything about food, seeing food, smelling food has been a real challenge.

I have been strong, I ate 1 hard boiled egg yesterday, no yolk though and a lot of broth.

So far today I have been really good and only drank my Optifast as well as Water and 1 SF Jello so far. No broth as I am worried I am retaining to much water and the broth is loaded with sodium.

Today though is the only day I feel like a mack truck has run me over. I can barely keep my head up right now or my eyes open. I am hoping this feeling does not last for long.

Hope everyone else is doing good and congrats to all of us that are in the pre op phase and have our surgeries coming up soon. Next week is going to be very busy for me and hopefully will fly by.

:thumbdown:

Did all of you have upper and/or lower GI's? My surgeon did not require that. And he didn't mention anything about shrinking the liver either. Weird. I'm wondering if my ekg needs to be repeated since it will be more than 30 days until my surgery. I'd hate for something like that to slip it up.

I'm off to visit family and enjoy myself. Be around later next week.

Kim

surgery 9/15

Kim,

My understanding is that they have to do the Upper GI to ensure that you don't have any potential problems with your esophagus and stomach? In fact that is when they discovered my hiatal hernia that they are going to repair while placing my band. Have you had a pre-op appointment yet? Perhaps they plan on doing all of your testing on one day at the hospital? I would definitely ask some questions. Based on all the I have read and been told it seems odd.

My pre-op appt is tomorrow but I already did those tests - I don't think I will be repeating any of them even though they are over a month old.

Hi everyone!!! for some reason I stopped getting notices in my email that there were new posts in here so I thought everyone went away :thumbdown: I had a minute to check on everyone and here you all are still :) Well I have my bloodwork, cardiogram and chest xray on the 1st.. i am a little nervous considering I have been a smoker since the age of 9.. yes 9 :unsure: . I start liquids on the 3rd and surgery is on the 8th . I pray everything goes smoothly and that I come out of surgery smiling and ready to take on the world again..

I got approved by Humana today and I was thinking it would be another month or two before I would be scheduled. Boy was I wrong!

The surgeon's office called and scheduled my pre-op for 8/28/09 and my surgery date is 9/8/09. Wow...I am so excited but am super nervous at how quickly things are moving now.:thumbdown:

Hi All - I am on my 8th day of Protein Shakes and liquids and am doing ok. I miss food and like many of you wonder how I can cut back so much for good. I guess we have to stick with support groups to help! My surgery is on September 1. I've been working at this for 1 1/2 years so it's hard to believe it's really going to happen! Good luck everyone.

congrats!! we are having surgery on the same date.. when are they having you start liquids?

I am going to Puerto Vallerta Mexico to have procedure done on Sept. 1st and will go to Paris Texas for my fills.Not sure where Hurst Texas is but have a list of places that do fills for lap bands done in Mexico and most are in Texas. Will email to you if you want. Most charge $350.00 for the fill. Hope this helps.

Rose

Hurst is in between Ft. Worth and Dallas.

I am also in Hurst Tx and Dr. Snow is also my surgeon! My surgery is scheduled for the 8th.

That's great! Good luck with your surgery. Well I only have 6 days to go. I had been doing full liquids since the 16th and had not cheated, losing 16 lbs, until today. My birthday is today and so I wanted to Celebrate, so I had a Fajita salad which is still not bad being that I didn't eat all of it as well, just ate til I was satisfied. So I am not going to beat myself up about that. I haven't lost any more weight since last Saturday but that's ok because I lost 12 lbs last week. So I will be ok if I don't lose anymore before surgery. I also joined the gym today because I want to use a personal trainer this time instead of relying on myself to build my exercise routine. I just wish I could have Jillian Michaels live my house, you know. So i am very excited. Tomorrow I start again on a very strict all liquid diet because that is what my doctor recommended a five day liquid diet, I know I will be fine.

Kimr~ Thanks girl...this patience thing is killing me! I'm a little in the last supper mode, but keeping it in check, I dont' want to gain back a single pound I've lost the past 4 months or so. I didn't have the GI's either, he said I didn't need them with my health history. I do have a 4 day liquid pre-op diet.

Jazz~ That is wonderful news. Congrats!!!

Cortney~ Thanks too. You are doing great on your pre-op and way to go with the 8 POUNDS. Awesome. You should be proud, your off to a great start all ready! :blushing:

Amanda~ You are doing great!! I wish I had Jillian too, that would be the best, you know she'd be working our asses off!!! LOL

Happy Birthday Amanda !!

That's great! Good luck with your surgery. Well I only have 6 days to go. I had been doing full liquids since the 16th and had not cheated, losing 16 lbs, until today. My birthday is today .

Happy Birthday (yesterday)!!!!! Hope you had a great one! You are doing great with your pre-op weight loss!