Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September 2009 Band Date

Yes I've been stocking up for a while.

Greetings! My surgery date is Sept. 14. Tomorrow is my pre-op class. Thu. I go for EKG, blood work, xray and meet the surgeon again.

I have a big fear of hospitals, so I am excited and scared-to-death! at the same time. I'm counting on this being a one night stand :w00t:.

I have told my hubby (duh), best friend, and work. I haven't and may never tell my folks. My mom lost a lot of weight going to TOPS and she is the kind who thinks every ailment (even a cold) has a psychological basis. So needless to say, I don't think I can count on her for support. And I can't tell dad because he won't keep a secret from her.

I'm really tickled at how supportive the people I had to tell at work have been.

I'm not looking forward to the liquid diet, but hey you gotaa do what ya gotta do, right?

There were six pages of post when I found this thread. I've lost track now of the person who said their program even had several classes ahead of time, teaching you how to eat afterward. That is so great! I was disappointed at my meeting with my dietician because she gave me very little advice. She alluded to more classes down the line, but I don't know when. I think getting them before rather than after is wise.

And my dr. poo-pooed any idea of needing "cosmetic" surgery later on down the road, and I think at my age (almost 50) that's unrealistic. It's kind of like he's just interested in doing the surgery.

Oh, and you want to hear this? I got a letter from the insurance company over the weekend. It said my review was on hold because they hadn't received the info from my 6-month diet. Well, I called them today and said, you sure do have it because I hand-carried it from PCP to surgeon. The lady I finally was transferred to said, "everyone gets those kind of letters." Then she said my case was pending. And I said, yes, I know, because you're waiting for this information that I'm telling you you already have. So she goes away for a minute and comes back and says, "oh, you were approved on Friday. We called your dr's office but no one answered. We're going to call with the approval today, write the letter and mail it tomorrow." ;)

My husband thinks the only solution to health care reform is non-profit insurance. I'm beginning to agree with him.

Hello my fellow Septembers.. Well the day to my long journey is almost here. September 1ST! I'm both excited and scared.. My weight has fluctuated for the last year or so. My highest weight being 280lbs. Now that was scary!! I couldn't even put on my shoes, my feet were so swollen. I have been diabetic for the last 15 years and as of yet it hasn't effected my blood pressure, kidneys nor eye sight.. Thank God! Both my parents being diabetic I have seen first hand the path that was in store for me.. That is without the lap-band. I started in late 2007 but was delayed by an ulcer that was discovered in one of my pre-op upper GI's. I am currently 257lbs and trying to shed a little more before the surgery. I was put on a pre-op diet of one meal and two shakes a day. I am drinking Herbalife shakes. I have tasted many a shakes in my life long weight loss struggle. ( Life long.. I was born 10lbs 8oz ) I can say these truly leave me feeling full. However they don't contain the Protein needed post-op. I was told I needed to have 60mg of protein a day.. I'll have to look for a replacement.. Any suggestions please let me know..I just recently came across this site. I am looking forward to finding and offering support. :)

I am a Sept. 1 surgery too. I'm ready, but need to stock up on some things.

I can't believe it is only 15 days away! I think I am as ready as I can be..but it seemed so far off for so long...it doesn't quite sink in yet!

Is everyone else all stocked up and ready?

Hello! I am a newbie here. My surgery is scheduled for September 16th. I was just submitted to Insurance for approval (Aetana POS II) and I am so hoping it just goes smoothly with no problems.

I just found this page and read through them all and can't remember who's who, so I'll have to try and pick up from here.

I'm excited and nervous and know you all probably feel the same. I am anxious to just get the band and re-learn living with it. Makes me smile. I have to believe I can do this.

Good luck to everyone coming up!!!!

Boo

Welcome BooCakes!

This has been a tough week! I have inlaws in from Ireland and all I wanna do is be bad!! I start pre-op tommorrow and I feel like

could burst into tears at any moment!! I just keep doubting myself, then reassuring myself, then getting scared I'll fail. I feel like I'm all over the place emotionally, which is new for me...am I the only one?

Hi, will you have your fills there at Dr. Snows office? I too live in Hurst, Texas. My insurance has a clause in it so they will not cover the procedure. I am going to Cancun & having it done in Sep. I need to find a fill center for afterwards.

NO!!! I am starting my pro op Thursday & I am all over the place with emotions alo, WE CAN DO THIS!!!!! I think of it as I HAVE to. If I want to watch my grandkids grow up I have to do this! SMILE!

Add me to the list of Septmeber bandsters too. I go in on Friday September 4th. I can't wait. I start my pre op diet this Friday the 21st. Also go to my PCP on Friday to get my medical clearance for the surgery.

I can't wait!!!

I just found this board last night...this is my first post and I look forward to getting to know all of you as we go through this journey together.

Happy Hump Day to you all!!!

Hi, will you have your fills there at Dr. Snows office? I too live in Hurst, Texas. My insurance has a clause in it so they will not cover the procedure. I am going to Cancun & having it done in Sep. I need to find a fill center for afterwards.

There is a Diagnostic center downstairs from Dr. Snow's office that does all the fills.

Hello everyone, Katklaws, I too feel like the clock is ticking and need to stock up on things.. First, I have to find out what brands are good. Magan Hang in there.. of course we are going to do this.. Why?? because we all know life without this surgery.. And if WE wanted to continue down that path, then none of us would be here. Think of why we want this so bad, and not so much what we'll be losing out on. I'm craving an apple fritter so badly. But in all honesty, throughout my life, I have eaten so many of them that if I never eat one again. I'll be okay. You guys know what else I wont have.. That grim feeling when I see a person bigger then me, painfully walking and I wonder if I will be that person in the future.. Sad but true. I know we'll get through this.. Okay guys I'm off to my primary to get all my pre-op lab slips. Hey, I need a ticker.. how did you guys get those cute tickers on the bottom of your posts?

You are so right. Everybody who starts to feel bad, go look at some cute dresses or something and see what your future will be. Believe it!!!

Go to www.tickerfactory.com

create your own ticker ..

then copy the code and paste into your signature through the User CP link.

Good luck!!

Hello everyone, Katklaws, I too feel like the clock is ticking and need to stock up on things.. First, I have to find out what brands are good. Magan Hang in there.. of course we are going to do this.. Why?? because we all know life without this surgery.. And if WE wanted to continue down that path, then none of us would be here. Think of why we want this so bad, and not so much what we'll be losing out on. I'm craving an apple fritter so badly. But in all honesty, throughout my life, I have eaten so many of them that if I never eat one again. I'll be okay. You guys know what else I wont have.. That grim feeling when I see a person bigger then me, painfully walking and I wonder if I will be that person in the future.. Sad but true. I know we'll get through this.. Okay guys I'm off to my primary to get all my pre-op lab slips. Hey, I need a ticker.. how did you guys get those cute tickers on the bottom of your posts?

hello, to everyone!!!

I have not been on here for awhile for I will bring everyone up todate.. yesterday I had the 3 1/2 hour clinical and nutritional class and today I had my pre-op labs/xray completed. Now, next week, I will meet with my surgeon.

I have a question, are the fills/ MD. appt. covered by the insuance company? and we just pay a co-pay, or is this part of the program fee?

:biggrin: