Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Question about Zoloft and weight loss?

Ya know My life is pretty good I have a great husband whom I love and nothing in my life is sooo bad so Im thinking I may need something. When I was on Zoloft in the past I was on it for 6 months and it didnt do anything maybe I needed a bigger dose. Thanks everyone

My life is GREAT, and really I have nothing to be depressed about . . but that does not stop it. The Zoloft just helps you be able to make it through each day. I would suggest you see a counselor along with any meds, because I think you really need both. At age 43 I went through 2½ years of counseling. I started counseling within days of beginning meds. I have Clinical depression and I need the meds. I have weaned off of them several times for up to six months once and will probably not do that again.

I am a strong believer of of counseling and would not give up my lexapro until the Lord heals the depression. Counseling just helps you discover if something is behind the depression, sometimes it is justs a chemical thing going on in your body and the meds help correct this.

But like everyone said It takes a while for the meds to reach their full strength. And if they are not helping it may not be the right dosage or the right medication. There are many different meds for depression. Zoloft and Lexapro were great for me. Not a miracle but a helpmate. I am still waiting for my miracle of healing. Find a Dr. who is willing to listen to you and adjust you dosage as needed not just put you on a dosage and not monitor you.

i have to tell you that these are NOT MIRACLE PILLS! they wont fix everything bad in your life. but they will make you feel better. and sometimes you have to try more then one kind before finding the one that works for you. and it takes about 6 weeks to get in your body and for others to see a happier you ( i say others because they are the first to see a change then you will) trust me i should know ive been on all kinds for over 10 years!!! right now i take 150mg of zolof a day. hope this helps. and talk to your doc about it!!!
i currently take 20 mg of lexapro and it helps take the edge off. i seem not to cry anymore or get mad just stay calm about everything, its good stuff:tt2:

I've been on antidepressants for 14 years now. I am currently taking 40mg Celexa and have been for the past 5 years.

Although I am losing weight, I work my butt off for the results that I have. I sometimes wonder if the meds. are causing me to lose slower then most people. I hear of bandsters that do very well and don't exercise at all so this is why I wonder.

I have been on psych meds off and on since I was a teen, been on more than I can count on fingers. About 4 years ago I started Effexor XR with no weight gain but when I started Seroquel I gained 30 lbs in 3 months. Nothing had changed in my exercise or eating habits so not sure why I gained. After 4th month on Seroquel I tried a new set of meds that had helped me lose in past, but did not work and had to back on Effexor/ Seroquel and just watched my weight increasing. After being off meds for 10 months for pregnancy, I had a hard time finding a right combo. Dr would not do seroquel again because of worry of more weight gain ( I was already too heavy and having back problems). Now I am on Lamictal/Pristiq and am doing okay with it. My PCP does not think that my meds have anything to do with my current weight gain. He also feels that if I lose weight will help with depression. Any thoughts on all this?

I am a strong believer of of counseling and would not give up my lexapro until the Lord heals the depression.

Yes, I think anytime you take meds long term a person should be in counseling. Praise God for His healing in His time. Thank God He has provided the meds to help us until His healing comes.