Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Slow Losers - Unite!

I got a fill yesterday and I swear that I have less restriction, not more. I

am wondering what's going on. I need to lose what I gained over labor day weekend. ;)

I hope that happens. I don't understand this. I am so hungry.

Ladies,

I have a friend that was banded 1 month ahead of me and she is at 10cc's and only occasionally had restriction- she has lost about 50+ lbs. she keeps plugging along- she is faithful walker to loose weight she is more dedicated than I am!

HOW DO I ADD MY TICKER FACTORY TO MY PAGE????

Can I join? I have the band since 02/28/07 and only lost 20 lbs.... I have the band that can holds 10cc...right now I have a total of 5ccs in the band and have restriction. My doctor and family wanted me to join a support group so I can express my feelings with other people who are going through this life changing with me. So can I join because I feel like I'm a slow loser and the weight will NEVER come off.

:cry I was banded on 05/08/2006 and I lost 57 lbs, but I have put 16 lbs back on. Why??? I have been at 300 lbs for the past 6 months. If the real secret is walking and drinking water..I'm going to have the band removed. :think

Since Feb i have been a yo-yo...weight going up and down..I know how you feel.. I sometimes think why do i have this band..the only thing i had to do was eat right and exercise...so why have the band..then i realize having the band helped me controll my intake...it also made me realize that i don't always have to finish what is on my plate..so having the band is a good thing and a bad thing...the bad thing I have not sat down with my family to eat dinner...I cant sit there while they have all they can eat while I'm stuck eating a tea cup plate full of food...I'm giving the band a year and if I'm not a least 50lbs lost ....the band is going bye bye...

I agree with you. I fill very restricted now, since I had my last fill, but I still have not lost weight. For example, Wednesday, I had a Protein Shake with banana mashed up in for Breakfast. lunch I went to Applebee's and order boneless chicken wings. I ate 4 of them in one hour. I had 4 more for dinner. I had nothing else to eat all day. That's a normal day for me. Today, I had a couple of coffee, and 1/2 a cup of oatmeal. I am eating less now than when I first had my surgery. I even joined WW again to see if that would help. I gained weighted instead.

Sounds like a normal day for me also.. My friend who also has the band said the more you get filled the less you eat...what happens when i get filled to the max. i just wouldn't eat anymore....I joined Medifast and like you gained weight...i feel sometimes there is no winning to the band or losing weight....

KD

It sounds lik you are not eating enough-- your body is trying to conserve--- I know that you don't wnt to hear it but you are prouably too tight and need some out-

check with your Dr. and Nutrionist.

G

I just wanted to encourage you ladies who are not losing. Eat fresh veggies as many times a day as possible. Salads if you can veggies veggies and more veggies. Lots of variety. I have a 10cc band and after 3 fills have restriction. I was banded May 10, 2005. I was not losing so would not be filled again until I figured out why. No ice cream no dairy no caffiene no protien. Pretty stringent but so is the band. I am committed and I am going to do it. I started out at 218 and from May 10,2005 until last week weigh 187. But no weight loss from May 10, 2005 until May 25, 2007. Everyone's encouragement on this thread and friends helps. I had to search for the sweet spot. Do not ever give up. You can do it. What more can I say to encourage you? I would say it. :clap2: But I applaud all of you who speak up and keep going forward you are not alone. ivarose