Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Slow Losers - Unite!

There's nothing magical about reaching the one year mark. There's no 'window of opportunity" like the bypass has. It can be a bummer if you aren't where you want to be by a certain time, but that's about it. Unfortunately, some people have more trouble getting that "sweet spot" than others do.

Good luck!

I'm so glad you're posting again! You are an inspiration to this slow loser.

Thanks for your vote of confidence. Nothing is going to stop me from trying to get it off. It is still the best thing I ever did for myself. Will let you know after I got back on the 31st. Linda

Linda, just keep that old mantra "I didn't put it on in a year, it's okay if it takes me longer than a year to get it off" :huggie:

Maurdan, thanks!! It's definitely always nice to hear things like that!

Linda, You were banded on my birthday! Are you exercising? That makes all the difference in the world.

I was on a very long plateau since my last fill which was at the end of May.

Then I had a very bad episode when I got some food stuck and threw up for 2 hours. You're supposed to go on liquids for 24 hours after something like that, so I did. I wasn't the least bit hungry during that 24 hours so I decided to just stay on liquids to break this plateau. I am happy to say that

I lost 5lbs. Now I am eating some, but mainly just doing Protein Shakes.< /p>

I figured out that I have to eat 800 calories to lose. 4 Protein Drinks per day was 800 calories. I find actually find it easier to just drink the Protein

drinks than to count calories.

I was going to Curves at least twice a week and push mowing my yard at least twice a week until I broke my second to little toe 3 weeks ago, then could not walk for about 2 weeks but worked out in the pool, finally could get my shoe back on and went to Curves twice, so now will try to get more walking in. The pool is closed for the season here in this small town so will have to rely on exercising some other way. Will try the Protein Shakes though, what kind do you use? Thanks. Linda

I drink low carb slim fast, and also the Atkins ones. They are both very low in carbs. I also have a big can of EAS Myo Pro that you have to mix with Water. You can get that at Walmart.

A lot of people really like Ungury which you have to buy online.

I definately know how you feel I went to the doctor last week to get another fill but he wouldn't fill me Since I had lost 3 lbs in 2 weeks He feels that it is more my food choices why I haven't lost as much as others. I do now for several months I was watching things but not that great and probably eating too high caloric food and drinks. I am trying to use dailyplate.com to watch my caloric intake and trying to keep it around 1100-1200 calories. I was really hoping to be closer to goal too but I am just thankful that I have lost and am slowly mentally changing my many bad habits. Was sick a few days this past week so only went 2 times to curves. Will begin my monday morning start again. Good luck

I appreciate your vote of confidence sorry took alittle long to respond back. I agree I am very thankful that I had it done because I know I would have gained weight in the past year. Since I have joined this formum and my monthly support group and curves since july I am down aroun 15 lbs since then. I am trying to use the free website dailyplate.com to track my intake and to try to stay around 1100 and 1200calories a day while trying to do curve 4-5 times a week. Just have to make sure everything becomes a routine Good luck to you too and thanks for the support. Linda51

:omg:I was banded in May of 2005. No loss until 2007. That's right no weight loss until May 2007. I was tortured with my sense of failure. I kept throwing up the protien--I followed faithfully what my nutritionist said to do. Then I began to think--this happened to me before I was banded. I followed Weight Watchers before that and I followed everything my nutritionist said and my doctors. Finally my heart doctors wanted me to go back to the surgeon and find out why I was not losing. I gave up and did not and kept praying and praying. I kept coming back to this site. I did contact the support person through my surgeons office and she kept encouraging me. I began to think radically. My health was in radical trouble and I needed radical change. I thought the band was that radical change but it didn't matter. I exercised every day. Soooooo I went total vegan. Yes Vegetarian. I have not lost my hair. I learned to eat the things my body needed especially protien in the form of nuts and veggies and since May 25, 2007 I have lost 25 pounds. I do not eat sugar, I do not drink any caffiene in any form, I do not eat dairy in any form, I do not eat soy in any form. I juice 5 pounds of organic carrots per day to receive nutrients that my body must have that translates to 1 quart ever two days. I follow the Hallelujah Acres Diet which you can google and get it for free. I truly know that my body was so dieted out that it could not possibly loose weight no matter what I did. I will never ever let doctors treat me like a liar again. I doubted myself for so long I lost hope. I hated myself. I was desperate. I am none of that now. But I will never buy into the doctor mentality that ignores my sincere efforts again. It takes consistent work and it will come around. The band works but doctors and nutrionists do not have all the answers. I juice or eat only one fruit a day. The rest is vegetables and 3 starch servings per week only. I love the band now it tells me when I am full but I do not throw up any more. Only you can do it. The band will help but you must participate in your care. Self hate does not accomplish any thing except keep you where you presently are. What I do is not a cure but another way to becoming the beautiful person God meant me to become. Do not give up hope ever. My heart goes out to those who don't dare to say they haven't lost. I was one of those people. Speak out now do not hide, I thought I was the only one who ever did not loose maybe I am not please speak out now.:clap2:

Ivarose, I really appreciate your honesty in your post. It sounds like you have gone through a lot. Good for you that you finally have your band diet figured out. It sounds like you really had to go to the extreme to do that. Keep up the good work.

Okay - I think i fit this categorie as well- let me tell you my troubled tale as well-

Banded 3/3/06- initital weight at 1st visit 276

toadys weight- 247----29 lbs.

My band is a 10 cc band- filled 7cc's now

Had a set back with gastritis and duodenitis- took out 4ccs of fluid-- gained 8lbs. back

Can't eat most foods like bread- chicken breasts on certain days-

I was told not to drink Protein Shakes or eat soups-

I don't make the best food choices either- cuz all the not so good food melts and goes down easier---

severe restriction on some days not on others-

not a dedicated exerciser either--

but on a good note i still feel better and am looking for suggestions--

Do i fit the criteria for this group?????

Ninny

Sure you do! Welcome! Just remember you will lose weigh a lot easier if you find some sort of exercise.

There are a lot of different opinions on Protein drinks. A lot of people say they drink them in the morning because that's all they can get down.

Personally, I drink them whenever I feel like it. Sometimes, I am just not in the mood to chew or think of what to make. I also put myself back on the liquid diet for a couple of weeks because I had been stuck on a plateau for a couple of months. It worked very well. It's so much easier to count calories if I am only doing Protein Shakes. I have a slow metabolism and I don't lose unless I am under 1,000 calories and exercising.

I too tried using the protien drinks and I did ok but it did not help me to lose weight. I had such a difficult time eating meat I always threw up. However, not so- with the good stuff it was easy going down. Now the only time I have difficulty is when I eat broccoli, or over-cooked Pasta. No veggie burgers for me either. I still cannot drink and eat at the same time which is great for me. Wish me luck I weigh in tomorrow and I lose slowly- still tenths of a pound at a time- but I am grateful for big or little loses.:clap2:

I still cannot drink and eat at the same time which is great for me. Wish me luck I weigh in tomorrow and I lose slowly still tenths of a pound at a time but I am grateful.:clap2:

You aren't supposed to drink while you're eating.

But I will wish you the best of luck! I lose on Protein drinks because I know

the calories content of them. It seems if I eat food, I am constantly wanting to pick at other foods. When I decided to do only liquids, I had 4 protein drinks per day, which came to less than 800 calories. I wasn't hungry and I made up my mind I was not having anything else. I wish I could do that when I eat real food for a meal, instead of eating and thinking an hour later I want to eat again.