Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Slow Losers - Unite!

I don't no if I qualify but was just banded on May22nd2006 and only lost 5lbs, I thought it should be more but I am very new to all of this!!!

Thanks

Cheryl

sept 14th got my band 240 yes i am 40 down but i am now 9 months out and only 40 sucks and i go up and down 5 pounds and really am sad to be this slow i was to have a great body for summer where is it?

240/200/150

dr speigel now no longer in network oh my name is Stacey i live in Houston TX. sometimws all i can eat and keeep down is bad stuff candy, chips etc.

i think i should go on a diet of some kind as now i can eat now that i removed some cc myself and for the first time can keep food down yes in 9 months ....ive done this all wrong i thought if i couldnt eat that was best i was wrong

i can't go back for 100.00 a visit not today or ever so i took things into my own hands and i can today eat and still i have restriction so guess im stuck here where ever im filled to i think i took out 1.cc so im at 1.6cc i think and its a good place for me yes i know i am crazy but so is doing whaat we have all done to be thin. welcome to the new age of today

47 pounds in 9 months is a great loss. And that would definately remove you as a turtle. (that's a good thing.)

However, I think people have not been responding to you on this thread because I know that I, for one, and slightly horrified that you would be doing you own fill/unfill.

We do not know if you are a qualified medical person, and we don't know if you have had the proper training for band maintence. This is really scary because we are afraid you are going to seriously damage yourself, your tubing, your port or something.

You said that you cannot afford the $100 for fills, but can you afford the cost to replace something should you screw up?

We worry, and we are, I think, collectively agast.

I am so glad I ran across the "Turtles" tonight. I was just sitting here thinking what a failure I was and I was wondering if having this surgery was really worth it. My surgery was 3-28-06 and after the first 10 pounds or so I have REALLY slowed down. I am feeling better. I have been able to start increasing my activity level. So, YEAH! I see that I am not the only one who is following all the rules and still the weight is barely coming off. Thanks, consider me one of the elite LBTSL.

Well, I thought I was doing really good up until a couple months ago. I have been bouncing around the same 5 pounds since April. Can't get them off and when I do they come back! I think it might be my Water intake and the fact that I have found a few things that might be keeping me from losing. I have had a few sodas (not diet either) lately at bars, fulfilling chocolate cravings :eek: , snacking on stuff I should not be snacking on!!! Stopped exercising in April and haven't been motivated enough to get back on track!!! Then there are days that I have little restriction and then there are days that I can get nothing down!!! GRRRRR :) Any advice???

Some might not consider me a 'slow loser' maybe I am just a 'stuck loser'! :)

I haven't changed my ticker either...it should say 180, 181, 182, 183 or 184...depending on the day. :faint:

No Kathy, no slow loser for you, but I'll spot you the "stuck loser!" (((((hugs))))

Okay, you've been on a plateau for a few weeks. Really a frustrating place to be. So you've had a couple of sodas lately. So you've had some medicinal chocolate. SO WHAT! We love you anyway. Gotta get moving though. If you are at the bars, get dancing! shake that bootie, all night long baby.

As for the sodas, there is some research that diet soda contributes to obesity. I drink the occasional soda, and I do mean occasional, like maybe a bottle a month. But I only drink sodas that are sweetened with cane sugar, and don't have any high fructose corn Syrup, which in my mind, is the only truely evil food. The sodas are more expensive than your typical can of coke, but it's a rare treat for me.

I think everyone has those fluctuating restrictive days, and they are sure frustrating. I know that for me it is helping me understand my Cushing's, that the days I'm really restricted are the days my cortisol levels are high. (I'm such a science experiment!) I don't know how to help you ride them out, but if yyou are *too* restricted too often, I'd schedule a small unfill.

So you haven't been excersizing. Get moving woman! get out side and play with those kids, make up a huge 5 gal bucket of bubbles and play with the kids. Get a giant rope and play jump rope with the neighborhood kids. Get some rollerskates, go dancing, do some yard work. Move, move, move! You don't have to "excersize" to get moving. Maybe you just need to change how you are moving. Call your local parks and rec department and see if there are any belly dancing classes in your area!

I know how hard it is to be motivated when you don't *see* any movement on the scales. Are you tracking other things? I haven't seen you start your "Tattooed TX Mommy's Amazing NSV List." Please go and talk a good look at your NSVs. Perhaps you are compacting, and losing inches. We see this over and over where people will hit a plateau while their body catches up to all the rapid weight loss.

Be kind to yourself. Never give up, never surrender!

wow - i was one the original turtles and look at how the group has grown so large its hard to keep up. I just passed my one year mark and have a total weight loss of 33lbs - and i've had to work for every damn ounce so yep still a slow loser here but i haven't given up yet. sorry for being so scarce but this bored used to be a tight little community. now there are so many members and posts its become really overwhelming, but i'm still around :rant: