Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was fine day one, day 2 felt worse nauseated twice today, I have nausea medication but it's for every six hours, I feel like I got to vomit and I'm so scared, I took a nausea med around 6 I hate feeling like this, I want to cry ): nothing seems to help ease that feeling, I'm afraid to burp too afraid if I do that I'll vomit so scared I'm getting weak cause of being nauseated it truly sucks, help??

I was fine day one, day 2 felt worse nauseated twice today, I have nausea medication but it's for every six hours, I feel like I got to vomit and I'm so scared, I took a nausea med around 6 I hate feeling like this, I want to cry ): nothing seems to help ease that feeling, I'm afraid to burp too afraid if I do that I'll vomit so scared I'm getting weak cause of being nauseated it truly sucks, help??

Are you able take in any fluids?? Be very careful or you will have to go back to the hospital for IV fluids. :)

very little afraid if I have too much I'll get sick to my stomach more ):

I suppose it could be swelling or believe it or not GAS. If you are able to, get up and walk around. This can help with nausea and will get your blood flowing this may help with swelling. Also try tiny sips of Water, you do not want to get dehydrated. Just do what you can. If it IS swelling it should start going down at some point in the near future. Definitely keep on the move.

If you are truly worried something is VERY wrong, if your 'band sense is tingling' then call your doctor. I am sure they have someone on call.

I hope you feel better soon.

Edited by Penweary

Erin, the nausea is likely from dehydration. Try making yourself a really yummy warm drink, coffe or tea, but be sure its Decaf as caffiene will dehydrate you more.

Sip sip sip on the hot drink, this will ease the tightness in your band and help you get rehydrated. Also broth is excellent warm thing to sip. One of my favorites is wonton Soup without the wonton. I actually ordered it that way from my favorite chinese place. YUM!!!

I do hope you're feeling better soon. Take care of yourself and sip away at that Water, broth or whatever, it will ease the nausea.

I hope you are feeling better. One of the most prominent LapBand surgeons in the nations wrote a book about bariatric surgery. Yesterday I was reading about nausea. He recommended to sip on ginger tea (you should be able to find ginger pouder at your local grocery store) or have some mint to smell.

If it persists, call your doctor. I am no expert because I am pre-op. But that is what he recommended. This guy was the young doctor on BIG Medicine on TLC.

Hope you feel better!

I'm calling my dr, the band feels too tight I'm trying to get that Water down, I've been walking around the house a lot I lost 5 pounds since surgery I feel like I can't sit for long cause my stomach hurts it's day3 shouldn't it be going away by now? Ugh !

Erin, do you have any better luck with warm liquids? For me, even a year and 8 months out, I can't swallow a thing until I've had my warm coffee. Seems to open things up for me.

Did you doc put Fluid in during surgery or do you know? Do you know what band you have?

Let me know what your doctor says and congrats on the 5 pounds, although I know you didn't want to lose them like this.

I'm going to see my dr today I might need an adjustment, Its and hour and a half a way, hope I'll. Be fine on the way there, my band does have some Fluid in it and I think that is why I feel nauseated all the time