Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Okay, this pisses me off. It should anger anyone who knows a woman

MALE VETERINARIAN NAMED AS ACTING HEAD OF FDA OFFICE OF WOMEN'S

HEALTH (September 16): Dr. Norris Alderson, currently the Associate

Commissioner for Science, was appointed as the acting director of the

FDA's Office of Women's Health, following the departure of Susan

Wood, who resigned in late August in protest over the FDA's actions

related to Plan B. The majority of Dr. Norris's FDA career has been

in the Center for Veterinary Medicine.

What does this mean that the current administration thinks about women? Are their medication/medical needs taught in Veterinary Schools?

Lets just hope they appointed a quick individual to serve as 'Acting' director to get the best possible women for the job. I know a lot of government entities have a policy against allowing the individual serving as an 'Acting' director to be the permanent replacement.

I guess I don't know what plan B is or who they have in mind for the replacement so I'm going to have faith and pray that they appoint a well qualified women for the permanent replacement.

Well, if it makes any of us feel better, it is harder to get into veterinarian medical school than regular medical school. Hopefully they will get some one in there FAST to replace Dr. Wood.

Oy Vey !!!!!

Probably just another one of Bush's ole croonies! The man is worthless....even those he puts in office are worthless! Geeze!!!! Don't get me started!

Here's a blog on it... http://dailykos.com/storyonly/2005/9/18/202659/102

Turns out he apperently spent most of his time in ANIMAL HUSBANDRY

FDA Rethinks Women's Chief http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/09/19/AR2005091901576.html

One week ago, the Office of Women's Health of the food and Drug Administration sent an e-mail notice to women's groups and others announcing the appointment of Norris Alderson as its new acting director.

An FDA veteran trained in animal husbandry who spent much of his career in the agency's Center for Veterinary Medicine, Alderson quickly became the subject of active and largely negative comment on the Internet and elsewhere.

The Office of Women's Health serves as a liaison with women's health groups and as an advocate on women's issues; critics said that a man with a primarily veterinary background could not properly fill the role....

Three days after the Alderson announcement, the FDA main press office sent out a very different announcement. It said that 20-year FDA veteran Theresa A. Toigo would be the new acting director of the women's health office, and that she would be a champion for women's health inside and outside the agency. Alderson -- and the statement announcing his appointment -- was never mentioned.

Plan B is the emergency contraception pill that real human doctors figure could cut the rate of abortions in this country in half.

FDA Commissioner Crawford Resigns Amid Criticism Over Delay in Plan B Application; Bush Names NCI Director as Acting Head http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/medicalnews.php?newsid=31199

Of course, I'm sure everyone has already seen the article in Time How Many More Mike Browns Are Out There? http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1109345,00.html

Thank goodness they re-thought it and are getting a suitable replacement for the position. And once again the old saying proves true....."Hell hath no fury like that of a woman (in this case a whole lot of women) scorned." He he he!!!!!