Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Flintstone Vitamins??

I know a few people have said they take flintstone Vitamins. My question is- those of you who do this, do you take one Vitamin or 2??

This is such a good question BECAUSE...

right after surgery I started taking flintstone chewables. I was told to take 2. they taste gross and I hated them

So I switched to flinstone gummies. Not bad at all. However, I noticed that they did not provide 100% on some of the Vitamins, so I took four at once not realizing or thinking (special I am) that this was going to give me WAY to much of some of the other vitamins and nutrients like Iron, etc.

Have mercy I got so constipated and it took me like 3-4 WEEKS to realize that the vitamins were the culprit.

now I just do a nature made liquid soft gel and swallow the sucker :sneaky:

I take adult gummie Vitamins Amazon.com: VitaFusion Multi Vites gummy vitamins - berry, Peach & Orange - 200 Gummies: Health & Personal Care

I love them!

Hated the taste of Flintstones! I use Berocca Performance. It's a Vitamin from Bayer Australia. They don't sell it in the US but you can buy it from Canadian pharmacies for around $.50 per day.

It is an effervescent tablet that dissolves in a glass of Water. I add some Benefiber and a tube of Crystal Light to it. The Berocca comes in three flavors (I buy the natural citrus) but the flavoring they add doesn't completely hide the taste of the Vitamins so I use the Crystal Light. This is not a complete Vitamin, but contains all B Vitamins, some Calcium, magnesium, zinc and a couple of other things. My doc has checked my Iron level and I'm find so not worried about the fact that there isn't any Iron in it.

hi healthy

Centrum has a great chewable that is meant for adults.

initially i took flintstones and the Gummy ones (they got stuck)

because i didnt know about the Centrum....and i wasnt getting enough Vitamins for an adult.

hope this helps

josie

I take one Flinstones chewable a day. I only like the red, so I make my DH have the other flavors! :sneaky:

I took 3/day. I compared them to the adult Multivitamin I was taking pre-op, and figured out how many I'd need to bring most things up to those levels.

I liked the taste, actually. :scared2:

I've now switched to the softgels.

Trader Joes has decent priced chewable multi. Ive tried the gummies for adults but like someone mentioned they dont give 100% of the RDA and if you take more than one they could get stuck