Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I made it to my final goal!

Got to my goal weight last weekend! 220lbs. I am officially in the "normal" BMI. I have lost 130lbs in six months. That was alot faster then I was expecting, but I am very happy. Just goes to show you that anything is possible. My doctor actual said I could stop around 230, but stopping short of a goal I made back in January was just too difficult. It was eating at me to lose just 10 more pounds. The difference I feel from just 6 months ago is amazing. I have more energy, more drive, and alot better attitude.

Good luck to everyone. Don't think that just because you are not as far along as some that you are not doing as well. Everyone is different, so just keep doing what you are suppose to be doing. The scale is not the only measure of how a person is doing in weight loss. I have gained more enjoyment from non scale victories then scale victories.

Mech - CONGRATS!!!! I'm so excited for you!!

Mech - CONGRATS!!!! I'm so excited for you!!

Thanks alot! I appreciate it. I see you are also close to your goal. Keep up the great work.

Thanks, I'm so close, yet so far away. I've been spinning my wheels for months now.

Doc gave me a pressure fill (only for realize band) on Friday and we're hoping it'll push me over the edge.

So what did you do to Celebrate? I've promised myself a pair of rediculously expensive jeans. ha ha

Thanks, I'm so close, yet so far away. I've been spinning my wheels for months now.

Doc gave me a pressure fill (only for realize band) on Friday and we're hoping it'll push me over the edge.

So what did you do to Celebrate? I've promised myself a pair of rediculously expensive jeans. ha ha

I didn't do anything really special, but now that I think about it. I should. I didn't expect to be hitting my goal so soon, so I really haven't had time to think of something to do. Going to have to put on my thinking cap.:):)

Congratulations mechbandster.

i like what you said about non scale victories feeling sweeter then looking at a number on the scale.< /p>

i have to agree....once i got my mind off the scale....i did much better with my weight loss.

enjoy the new you!!!

You should be so proud of yourself! Congratulations! You have a great attitude about the whole experiance as well. It seems God has blessed you as you have lost so fast. You must have a lot of good karma. Im sure you deserve your victory.

Mechbandster,

Big CONGRATS !!! It's really inspiring to see someone reach there goal so fast !! I know that it's not the same for everyone but I hope I can get there in a year's time !! Your statement about NSV really made me think about paying attention to all the other little things and not soo much on that damn number !!!

ENJOY !!!! You deserve it !!!

My 1 year was up August 5th and I still have 35 lbs to go to reach my goal. The last time I was filled was in April then between vacations and weekedns down the shore I haven't really lost anyhting...... been able to eat a bit more and drink which isn't helpfull. I am upset with myself that I didn't reach my goal. I go back to the doctors Sept 9th for my year check up and I will get a fill I feel like I should have been more in tune and yet I just let myself go. I didn't gain so that is good and I am still going to the gym....but I need to get back on track.

Congrats on reaching your goal

Yay!!! I can't wait till I can say the same! But congradulations, that is truly awesome.

My goodness that is amazing to hit your goal in only 6 months. WOW My doctor and I just realized a realistic final weight for me of 155-165. I'm happy sticking to my little goals. My next is to hit 250. Congrats again. That is wonderful.

Congrats to you! that is so awesome!!!! I'm still 100 lbs out from my goal so I'll be a while but i'm enjoying my weight loss along the way. I haven't weighed this much in over 10 years! My next goal is to weigh under 200 lbs and I have 42 lbs to go for that. I'm hoping to achieve that for my 1 year bandiversary.

Thanks for all the compliments. They mean alot. All can make it, you just have to keep using the band as a tool and concentrate on the little goals first. That way, getting to your final goal doesn't seem like such a big hill to climb.

Congratulations on an amazing weightloss and on achieving your goal.

Sue