Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Connecticut Banders

Tren, thanks for the update about your surgery and the tips for those of us who have it coming up. Expect pain and discomfort that won't last long. Walk. Take pain meds :tongue2:

I'm Anne from New Haven and I'm being banded at Yale New Haven Hospital on Oct. 29. I'm nervous and excited and yeah, wondering if I'm making the right decision now that I have a date and it's real. But I know I am and that brings peace.

I'm so glad to have found all of you!

Hi Anne, comming out of surgery is the worst of it. after that it gets better and better. Yesterday I went to my son's soccer game. I really enjoyed being out. By the time I got home, I was exhausted and took a nap. But I felt great. My biggest pain now is the gas. It has hit my left shoulder and does hurt (only for 10 seconds). But it is less and less. Walking is key. I understand your feelings. I had them. And as I wrote earlier I had doubts as I was wheeled in and regrets when I woke up for the first time. Now, I am glad I did it. I got on the scale this morning and am down to 290.. I was at 302 at surgery. For me, it was the right decision. In fact, everyone that I have spoken to, who had it done have said they are glade that they did it. I have never met one who said that they thought it was a mistake. (of course I did not speak to them just after surery...lol). I wish you the best! Tren

Well I made it through the party without a problem. I cut the birthday cake and after I passed out the pieces I licked my fingers of frosting and that was enough.

It was hard watching everyone eat pizza while I drank my boring chocolate shake.

I have one day left for shakes then 2 days of Clear Liquids. I AM STARVING!!!

I did the shakes for almost 4 weeks and never felt like I do today. I put a banana in my dinner shake and had some Jello but it just isn't doing it for me today. I wonder why?

To tell the truth, I am almost looking forward to chicken broth, I am sick of these shakes. I am allowed to have some now but I am afraid that if I do I won't want it during the 2 day clear liquids.

Every commercial about food is driving me crazy. I really want some of those Vlasic pickles that the little boy scared the cat with, and I don't even like pickles.

I wonder if I can take a Lunesta and just wake up on Friday.

Well I made it through the party without a problem. I cut the birthday cake and after I passed out the pieces I licked my fingers of frosting and that was enough.

It was hard watching everyone eat pizza while I drank my boring chocolate shake.

I have one day left for shakes then 2 days of clear liquids. I AM STARVING!!!

I did the shakes for almost 4 weeks and never felt like I do today. I put a banana in my dinner shake and had some Jello but it just isn't doing it for me today. I wonder why?

To tell the truth, I am almost looking forward to chicken broth, I am sick of these shakes. I am allowed to have some now but I am afraid that if I do I won't want it during the 2 day clear liquids.

Every commercial about food is driving me crazy. I really want some of those Vlasic pickles that the little boy scared the cat with, and I don't even like pickles.

I wonder if I can take a Lunesta and just wake up on Friday.

Hi Peggie, You are almost there. I am very proud of you. It looks like you have the mind set going. I went to my son's soccer game (2nd one) on Sunday at the other end of the state. It was about 5:30pm when we got done and had an hour ride left. I was sooooo hungry. I forgot to bring somehting. So I told my wife, lets stop at McDonalds so the kids could eat. Next door was a Stop&Shop. I went there and bought the little tubs of sugar free Jello (about 4 oz each) and walked back to McDonalds. Yes I could have ate 2 burgers, large fries and a large soda, but instead ate just over half of the jello. I was so full. As we got back in the car, my wife and daughter complained that they felt gross (greasy McDonald's food). I just sat there and thought to myself....wow, I am full and only had about 2 oz of sugar free jello and I felt really good. That was a real eye opener for me. Yes I did miss not having a burger, but I did not miss the greasy feeling. This was a good thing. I did the right thing getting the surgery. As you will too:thumbup: Tren

Tren,

If you are logged into this site then go to my ticker and double click on it. That will bring you into the ticker site. Put in a private pin # for you and all the information you want, then at the bottom click on the done or submit, not sure which the site has right now. The hardest part was going through the 10 or more pages of tickers and little things to decide which I wanted. I was lucky to find things that reminded me on my best bud, Mickey.

Hope that helps, I clicked on it from someone else to get mine.

My appointments got changed on me AGAIN...getting a little annoyed at the moment. But EVERYTHING should be done by the 15th of Oct. Then I just start my diet from there.

Tren I hope that all went well with the surgery!! Wishing you a speedy recovery!!!

Everyone think of me tomorrow, I have to be in the hospital at 7:30 for surgery at 8:30. Talk to you all when I get out.

All done!

I am very sore. I had a hiatal hernia that the Dr said was "Huge" that he repaired. I also had some problems with sleep apnea and my heart rate dropped down to 48 and the alarms woke me. They sent me home today with suggestions to see my cardiologist for a holter monitor. I am nervous about sleeping because I don't have alarms here to wake me tonight.

the meds do work a little but I am so tired I can't get my liquids in. Not sure how I will anyhow, they want me to drink 64 oz of liquids and full bottle of Isopure but they restricted me to 1 oz every 15 minutes. That means I have to drink something every 15 minutes for 21 hours straight to get in the full 84 oz. When do they expect me to sleep?

I have 4 tiny holes and a large one from where they repaired the hernia. No bikinis for me.

All done!

I am very sore. I had a hiatal hernia that the Dr said was "Huge" that he repaired. I also had some problems with sleep apnea and my heart rate dropped down to 48 and the alarms woke me. They sent me home today with suggestions to see my cardiologist for a holter monitor. I am nervous about sleeping because I don't have alarms here to wake me tonight.

the meds do work a little but I am so tired I can't get my liquids in. Not sure how I will anyhow, they want me to drink 64 oz of liquids and full bottle of Isopure but they restricted me to 1 oz every 15 minutes. That means I have to drink something every 15 minutes for 21 hours straight to get in the full 84 oz. When do they expect me to sleep?

I have 4 tiny holes and a large one from where they repaired the hernia. No bikinis for me.

Hi Peggie,

I am so sorry for not getting back on. Trust me, you have been in my thoughts from Friday on. I am glad you are home. Just take your time and drink as much as you can. I know hernia's hurt. My sister also had this done and they repaired a good size hernia. She had a lot of pain and the doctors thought it was her heart. but luckily it was not. Hopefully you are the same. Don't worry about the holter monitor. That is easy and only 24 hours. I had that for something else and then had a 21 day monitor, which was a pain. Just take it easy and get well soon. I am still rooting for you:thumbup: Tren

My appointments got changed on me AGAIN...getting a little annoyed at the moment. But EVERYTHING should be done by the 15th of Oct. Then I just start my diet from there.

Tren I hope that all went well with the surgery!! Wishing you a speedy recovery!!!

Don't worry, you will get there. I was lucky, my surgery date did not change, however when I got to the hospitol at 11am, I did not go into surgery until 3pm. Which gave me pleanty of time to doubt what I was doing. Keep the faith and remember why you are doing this and remember why you made this decision. I just hit the 270's.... Still a long way to go, but a long way from 320!:thumbdown:

Thanks Tren! I'm just anxious...I can't wait for this journey to begin, BUT I think the 6 months is a good thing. I've been over weight FOREVER, so what's a few more months!? :thumbup: It's going to prepare me for the road ahead of me. It will be here before I know it. Thanks for the words of encouragment! How are you feeling??? You seem to be doing VERY well!! Keep up the good work! :thumbdown:

Hi Peggie,

How are you doing? I have not heard from anyone in a while. Just wanted to check up. Tren

Hi CT people! :redface:

I hope everyone is well...I am a newbie to this site.

Had my consult with Dr Craig Floch back in July, had appts with the pysch & nutritionist as well as the pulmonologist TODAY (lungs are good sleep study to come!) My 6 months of "medically supervised" blah blah is up in December so I am hoping for an early 2010 surgery date!!!