Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

those of you with ideal restriction

There's aother thread called "a day in your life with the band". Why don't you have a look as it has the same info. I would post a link for you but don't know how.

There's aother thread called "a day in your life with the band". Why don't you have a look as it has the same info. I would post a link for you but don't know how.

Thanks for the info! :sad: I found it. But that post seems to be mostly from people who are only banded in the last eight weeks or so. Im looking more for responses from people who are further out and have more restriction. :biggrin:

I have been banded a year (well, 11 months...to be honest here!) and think I posted there. Let me say I can eat about 1 cup to 1 1/2 cups of food. I don't measure it every meal, nor even weekly...just did it a time or two because I was curious. I can eat about 3 oz steak and 1/2 or so of a baked potato. What I eat is whatever on earth i want to eat. Sometimes that's something really healthy like 3 oz baked fish and a small serving of green Beans. Usually it's something fairly Protein rich (because that keeps me full the longest...6 hours or so) but sometimes I have a small plate of, say, bean and cheese nachos. I had a hot dog about a month ago (well, 1/2 of a hot dog LOL) I'm losing about 3-4 pounds a week right now, on a roll, so I don't eat unhealthy things (llike the hot dog) very often. In the last three months I've had pizza once, I've had part of a milkshake once, I've had a lot of baked fish, I've had 1/3 of a chick fil A, etc. You get the drift. What I eat is whatever I want, and because I get full easily and stay that way a long time on steak, chicken, fish, or turkey, that tends to be what I usually choose! :juggle:

BUT the band is a tool, not a diet. You will eat as you wish; that may be a diet, it may not be. You'll use it in a way that works for you. For example I DO NOT snack now because my doc is adamant about it, but many successful bandsters do occasionally have a healthy snack. See? You'll do what works for you!

Bear in mind I'm maintaining now, but this is pretty much the same as what I ate to lose, its just that it got slower and slower until it eventually stopped and here I stayed.

Breakfast was a small bowl of muesli

morning tea was a pear

lunch was 3 rice cakes with cream cheese

dinner tonight is going to be fish and chips - not normal. We're going out, nothing in the house, no time to cook. Normally we eat a healthy meat and 3 veg type meal.

I eat little bits at a sitting, but its usually up to a cup. I really only eat at morning tea time when I'm teaching and get a scheduled break, otherwise I go through. I tend to eat at about 4 pm - a couple of Cookies and a coffee, or somethign like that (I like a sweet treat every day!), but i've held off today due to the fac that we're having crap for dinner.< /p>

I am almost three months out and have had, I think, perfect restriction since day one with an empty band! Its weird because I have never had a fill but I know I'm lucky. I dont eat meat so I am always looking for Protein (cottage cheese, fish, Beans, eggs etc). I imaging my one-cup bowls and try to eat that, mostly protein three or four times a day. I let myself have literally anything after the atleast half cup of protein....no regard to fat, cals, etc. I am not on a diet, I just eat less and focus more on protein. I cant eat a cup of anything at breakfast because I am tighter then. I can eat any food and not get stuck but get stuck on anything if I dont chew...good luck! This is very hard work, harder than I thought! (In the evening I know I could eat a whole giant bag of M&Ms but I usually just let my self have the small one and only once in a while when I cant get it off my mind.)

I think I might be at a perfect restriction after 3 fills. I'm at 10 months and around 80% of excess weight gone. I'm hoping to hit my target size at one year.

I eat 5 small meals a day.

Large Cappuccino made with 2% milk for breakfast.

lunch is part of a sandwich or taco or whatever looks good in the cafe at work. No measuring, I just eat until I don't want anymore, maybe half a sandwich.

In the afternoon I'll have a small snack, maybe 100 calories, go work out, and have a 160 calorie chocolate Protein drink afterward.

dinner is whatever we make or order that day, quantities depend on what it is. A common quick dinner for me on a busy day is a can of Progresso Beef/Veg Soup.

In the evening I'll usually have another small snack, some Greek yogurt, cottage cheese, half a chocolate bar, small bowl of reduced calorie ice cream or Cereal, maybe some popcorn or beef Jerky, just depends what I'm in the mood for.

I drink Water throughout the day. Once in a while I'll drink zero calorie soft drinks, and occasionally splurge with some booze on weekends.

That's pretty much a typical day for me.

Dear Airkuhl, It sounds like you have it down to an science, or maybe an art! Congrats...but..do you agree that its still a struggle?

Reading thru these posts is very encouraging. Something to look forward in a few weeks. I had no idea that we could have popcorn. I love those small bags (100 cals.)of kettle corn flavor.:)