Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi,

My name is Kristi and I live in Texas. I have tried the insurance thing and am now looking into self pay in MX. This site has been very informative and I hope to learn more from ya'll!

Hello and welcome.

You've come to the right site, it's great here.

I decided some time back that I wanted to go to MX for my surgery too, because of the price and all the talk about the great surgeons there. When I first got here, I couldn't believe all the people that used the MX Surgeons. I'm so glad that I found this place. I'm still a little undecided which surgeon to use, but I do have 2 in mind. Which is a reason I come here all the time now, research and learning and support. I know I'll have my mind made up soon.

Anywho, so glad you can join and I wish you luck on your journey to weight loss. :)

Thank you all for a nice welcome. I have never been involved in any kind of forum, but this site seems to be filled with truthful info and support no matter which side of the journey you are on! I look forward to getting to know everyone and sharing this life changing experience!

Kristi

I am also a Texas girl! I have to selfpay so I am going to Monterrey to Dr. Sanchez. I am in south Texas and can drive there from here. All I am waiting on is the financing. Good luck through this process, it is frustrating right now, but will be worth it in the end.

Hi ya'll (Glitterqueen and LadySplenda)! I am in the DFW area. Still trying to decide what to do about going to mx for the band. Still checking out docs.....what made you choose Sanchez, Glitterqueen?

I just joined the board last night! I too am in Texas (Frisco, near Dallas) and was looking at going to Mexico because I'll be a self pay. Well, I found wishcenter.org in San Antonio charges almost $11,000...also Dr. Barker here in Dallas quoted me appx $13,600. Of course, you know there are going to be little charges here & there for pre tests etc....I look forward to learning all I can on here! Welcome!!

Honestly I have been going to about 4 different forums and saw him mentioned many times as being one of the better docs in Monterrey. It makes more sense for me to go to Monterrey, I can take a bus from McAllen and it is a 3 hour trip and costs $36 round trip. Once I chose Monterrey I knew I wanted Dr. Sanchez, I personally know a lady who went to him and vouches for him, the hospital, staff, etc.. and she says everything is extremely top notch. I am paying $8,000 for the whole deal, plus $72 for me and my husbands bus tickets. I have my surgery on Oct. 27. His website is Ready4Achange if you want to check out his credentials. I researched everything, but that is my nature, lol. Good lluck with this process, it can get frustrating.