Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hungry but Full?

I was banded 12/30/08 and have been eating regular food for nearly six months. For lunch today, a coworker and I ordered Chinese Take-Out. I got chicken with broccoli and steamed rice.

Bite #1: piece of broccoli, tiny piece of chicken, rice

Bite #2: same without rice

Bite #3: same without rice

I've taken 3 bites within the past hour (I know we're supposed to eat for 20 minutes and that's it, but I'm working through lunch) and am so uncomfortable. I don't know if my stomach is telling me I'm hungry or if I might PB after another bite.

Does anyone know what it feels like to feel full when you know, even with the Lap Band, you still have plenty more room? What do you do to remedy this? Do you just wait on digestion to kick in and eat a couple hours later, or do you continue to eat? :biggrin:

I don't think this is an issue where my band is too tight, nor does it feel as if it has slipped. I've come across this problem with certain foods before, namely Pasta. I don't feel the need to PB or burp, I just feel that empty growling but full.

Don't know if this will help...my nutritionist said to eat Pasta AND rice WELL DONE because it continues to absorb liquid and can swell in our pouch. Maybe that happened? Broccoli and chicken are both major offenders for being "stuck" too.

I can eat lemon chicken with rice and this happens to me. When it does, it is invariably because I didn't chew well enough. Normally I can eat 1 cup of food; but a few bites and "full" means "woman you did not chew that well".

I wait and if the feeling doesn't subside, have a couple papaya enzyme tablets and try again next meal.

Don't know if that will help you.

AND...if you have to work and eat maybe pick easier foods? (not being pissy...we all have to work this out our own best way) because otherwise you're grazing and can overeat that way.

OK I have to LOL at myself because overeating is so NOT your problem right now! But I think you know what I mean! :biggrin: (my doc said eat in 30 min, 20 is pretty fast!)

Anyway I'd take some papaya enzyme tabs if you have them. If not, pick some up (local large grocer or drugstore) They really help this type of thing where it isn't really stuck but not really going on through either.

And just wanted to say you've lost a good chunk of weight so you are apparently doing something right! WTG!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Well done! I'm 9 days away from surgery! Keep us updated!

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches