Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

any Queenslanders out there

Hi,

I was wondering if there were any bandsters in far north Queensland that I can relate to.

Cheers

Lindahttp://  weight.png

hello

i am in cairns is that far enough north for you ha ha

were are you:thumbup:

Yes!!! I am in Atherton, I am having Dr Knott, I see him on 28th Sept to book a date in october...

I was begining to think there was nobody else in my neck of the woods.

Gather you went to Cairns Private? whats it like there?

catch up later

Linda

hi linda

yeah i was banded at cairns private and i will never go back to cairns public again. i had emergency surgery xmas 2006 at public, what a difference. cairns private all the nurses were wonderful, happy, prompt and attentative. it was just a better feeling about the whole hospital and that is so important to me. when i woke up from my op they were ready and just had the best sleep after because the nurses so relaxed and friendly i felt so at ease.

i was banded by dr clapham, he is at the cairns obesity clinic on lake st, everyone is wonderful there and no question is ever to hard for them to answer for me. very professional. were is your surgeon based? i didnt know that there was more than one, but i still am very happy with mine.

How much have they told you it will cost all up?

defiantly stay in touch with each other because its nice to have someone local going through the same things, like you i didnt think i would be able to talk to someone local.

i also get on an assie lapband site its is bandingtogether.com.au the site was created not long ago but lots of people and they have a section for cairns posters.

if you like i can email you my private email to stay in better contact with each other.

talk again later

denise:tt2:

had to post again because i just read your profile and noticed that you wanted to know if a hernia can prevent lapband surgery. well the answer is defiantly not, i have a colostomy and have a huge stomal hernia around it and i was very concerned about the surgery but the only thing that my surgeon said could change for me was that if he could not get around my hernia with keyhole surgery then i would have to have open surgery, we discussed the risks and i otherised him to do this if necessary. in the lead up to the surgery i had to start my pre op diet earlier and was altered alot because i had to get as much fat from around my liver especially because of the hernia and also during the surgery dr clapham would have to sit me up considerably higher that for anyone else so that he would have enough room to go in the top of my hernia but after surgery it was still keyhoe and he said that it took 3 hrs more than usual but all is okay. i have had no problems at all and my surgeon said that he wished all his patients were as easy to band as me and especially when we thought i was going to be hard to band. his nurse said to me that if he thought he would have trouble then he would send my to a brisbane surgeon to be on the safe side but if he is not then all is okay. oh and i was the first person the surgeon had banded with a colostomy and also with a stomal hernia and with a hernia as big as mine. i love being the first for everything, ha ha

denise:thumbup: