Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July 28th, my band day!

Hi everyone,

Tomorrow July 28th, is my band day, and I'm very excited about starting a new chapter. I'm really not very nervous, as I've had a few surgeries before and everything has always come out okay. I just hate the part where they wake you up in the recovery, it's like go away I'm sleeping! I found out last Thurs. that my surgeon will be taking out my gallbladder at the same time, as it is full of stones. :mellow: But I said what's one more incision...:crying:

Thank you all soo much for all your stories and encouragment, this website has been a God-send!

I'll write more after surgery and can get to my laptop!

Take care everyone! And Sbanfield if you are out there, I'll be praying for you tomorrow too!:thumbup:

Hi everyone,

Tomorrow July 28th, is my band day, and I'm very excited about starting a new chapter. I'm really not very nervous, as I've had a few surgeries before and everything has always come out okay. I just hate the part where they wake you up in the recovery, it's like go away I'm sleeping! I found out last Thurs. that my surgeon will be taking out my gallbladder at the same time, as it is full of stones. :mellow: But I said what's one more incision...:crying:

Thank you all soo much for all your stories and encouragment, this website has been a God-send!

I'll write more after surgery and can get to my laptop!

Take care everyone! And Sbanfield if you are out there, I'll be praying for you tomorrow too!:thumbup:

Good luck tomorrow Millie!!! Hope it all goes well for you! Take care and get lots of rest! Hugs to you!

Be prepared for a little more of a tough recovery with the gall bladder being out. My best friend had to get hers out, and she was a sore puppy for about a week or two out. Not only that, but say goodbye to greasy foods for a while. She has a LOT of trouble with that more for the first two years out. She is better with that now. Talk about helping you out with your new diet, eh~

I get my band in a week and am wondering about my gall bladder and how they will tell if I need it out at the same time. The one doc said they will look at it durring surgery, and if it looks like it needs to come out then, they just will.:smile2: I would like to know ahead if they are going to...but how, idunno~

Any way you look at it, good luck to you for your surgery. I hope the best for your recovery and your success~

Good luck!!! Welcome to bandland!!!

I am also to be banded today :smile2: I leave for the surgery center in less than 2 hours. Very excited! I haven't slept much the past 2 nights just thinking about it all. I will be very relieved when it's over. I know adjusting to the band will not be a piece of cake (cake, h/h) but I feel like I am ready to start this journey.

Hope your surgery goes very smoothly and your recovery is just as smooth!

Good Morning, Everyone!

My surgery on Tues. (28th) went like clock work, or so they say. I was the only one being banded that day at the Journey Lite of Thousand Oaks, Surgical Center. So, I had the staff at my beck and call, they were all so helpful and nice. My nurses and Dr. Billy are the best!!!!

Wednesday, was my hardest day, as my calves and hip joints were killing me, all we can figure is the way I must have been laying on the table??? (Plus I'm 57 years old) But by Thur. I was starting to walk around without the help of my husband and by Fri. had no leg pain at all. My tummy is still a little sore, but the swelling is going down, and the incisions starting to itch a little, so, guess I'm healing.

As for pain meds, I took one dose on Tues. after I got home, and one does on Wed., and that was it.

It is so strange to me to not feel hungry all the time! I never would have believed that I would have to make myself eat, but I have because it is so hard to get any Protein and calories on my liquid diet. Yesterday I was finally able to reach my goal of 40g of protein/day. Yeah!!!! I'm losing slower now than when I was on the pre-op diet, because my body is in starvation mode (I think) but that's ok, at least I'm still losing. I didn't gain anything post surgery. My highest weight was 217 (5'4"), surgery day wait was 200, current weight is 196.5!!!!!!! I have found Onederland!!!!!! And I'm never going back to the Two's again!!!!!

Thank you Sandy, Bobbie, Bashful, Princess & Slpcat, for your prayers and well wishes!

Take care everyone!

Congrats... I too had my surgery the 28th. I am doing great also. I was affraid because I had to have a Hiatel Hernia fixed at the same time and I heard reconvery is worse. Well mine actually has been a piece of cake(YUM....CAKE....:)) Oh sorry got side tracked for a minute... LOL I actually went hiking yesterday... I am kind of still haveing the shoulder pain but it is tolerated... Anyway, I wish you the best of luck and we will have to keep in touch... Jennifer