Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A PB Gone Bad! Very Bad!

Oh {{{{{{Trish!}}}}} don't be scared. It isn't like she told you to go to the ER right away, right? If it was super serious, she would have said to get your butt down to the ER, but she didn't, right? Right.

You know we will be thinking about you all night and sending you positive energy. (((((hugs)))))

Trish, You poor thing, I have PBed but never to that extent, I can not even imagine what you are going thorugh. I'm glad you spoke to someone and are going to see the Dr. in the am...keep us posted we wil lall be thinking of you

Trish,

I PB'd like that on Tuesday. Same thing, it started with a huge amount of slime and before I knew it, it was coming out of my nose too. Lucky for me, my PB was over when I got unstuck. I haven't had any problems since. I freaked out because I have only PB'd a couple of times and never like that.

Anyway, here's hoping all is well with you. Let us know how it goes tomorrow at the doc's office.

Tricia H

I am so glad that you were reminded about the 24hour nurse and called. Instead of this upsetting you more, let it calm you down, as Vines said, she didn't say hang up and call 911. You'll be fine, but I am really glad you said something to us and didn't just ignore it. These things happen, but we are all here for you whenever you need us, night or day and we'll all be praying for you and keeping you in our positive thoughts.

Please keep us posted tomorrow. We will all be eagerly awaiting the final outcome of what the doc says. Probable just some good ole antibiotics and that kind of stuff and you'll be back to normal in no time.

Just in case you start having any progressive symptoms tonight, like a really high fever or more draining than you can handle. Don't be afraid to call the nurse again, that's what they're there for.

(((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))

Cindy

I'm so glad you called. The temp rising is not a good sign!! Yep, first thang in the morning for you. Please let us know!!! OMGosh, how awful. Yuck. Ewww....but I'm really glad you gave us all the gory details though. Can't wait to hear what happens next!!!! This is, indeed, a PB gone really bad. ((((hugs)))))

Oh Trish you poor thing!!! I am so sorry you are going through this! Please keep us posted on what your Dr. says, OK? Take care of you!!!!!

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((BIG HUG))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Thanks everyone.... I cant even sleep the taste in my mouth is so bad... I hope the Dr. fixes me tomorrow because I cant live with this taste and smell.. its making me sick.

My fever went down so Im feeling better... Its not a cold or anything.. just something stuck in my sinuses giving me an infection.

PLEASE.. anyone reading this... Anytime you PB or spit up in anykind of way.. take care of yourself... Really pay attention to your breathing and how much slime while you are letting out... dont let this stuff come out your nose! and if it does rinse very very well and keep very close eye on it. dont let it get bad like I have... Okay im done scolding.... sorry... But this is really scaring me and its really gross!!!!

There are some scary symptoms on this thread. I've been banded a month now and I've yet to have a PB - I suppose I'm more likely to after my fill. Is it really THAT bad? Surely there's different severeties of PB?

I'd be at the docs right away because if it smells foul you've an infection coming on. I've only had a sinus infection once and it was not pleasant, in fact probably one of the two or three worst illnesses I've ever had. I'd be getting on antibiotics right way.

By the way, my sinus infection happened after I had gastro and was vomiting and yes, it came out my nose, eeew.

There are some scary symptoms on this thread. I've been banded a month now and I've yet to have a PB - I suppose I'm more likely to after my fill. Is it really THAT bad? Surely there's different severeties of PB?

Your first real one can feel pretty bad, but that's mainly the "OMG what's happening?!?" factor.

There are definitely different severities of a PB. I've only had one that was really quite uncomfortable (for a couple of hours - it sent me to be early) and that was on gnocchi. Other than that, I've had a handful that have been a mere slime and it was over in a matter of seconds.

Sounds like poor Trish had the worst one I've ever heard of.. :/

This isnt my first PB.. I have had several of them... but this one by far is the worst and probably doesnt happen very offten.. I just wasnt taking good enough care of myself.

-Its 5:00 and I can not sleep.. the burning in my nose is so bad, and I have the worst taste in my mouth. I cant wait until I go to the doctor.. maybe he has better tools to flush whatever is up there out...

*Teriyaki chicken anyone?* Ewwwww lol

Oh Trish I am so sorry you are going through this. What time is your appointment? If you don't have one, maybe you can just show up and whoever is available can see you. They will definately have to give you antibiotics, just be sure to see if the meds come in liquid or crushed form. I take pills and that just sticks in my head.

We are all here and praying for you.

Thank you Teresa... I dont have an appointment.. Im going to call my PCP and see if he will take me in.. if not I will go to Urgent Care. Either way I will see someone today!