Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anxious in Ct., Is this worth it?

Hello to all concerned bandsters......I am planning to have the lapband on next friday........but I am getting cold feet..I am 65 yrs old female.....263.....who in Ct., had this band, and are they happy with it....I guess that I am hesitating because I notice that the forum shows a lot of people who are younger than I.:biggrin:

There is also a thread on this forum for people over 60 that you might want to find and read. It is a good one and very positive. I am will be 51 in Sept. and was banded on 06-17-09 and love it.

Dear friend,

Thankyou so very much.....I will check this out.....I am relieved to read that you were done in june 09....Need to hear some positive comments...when I read about all the throwing up etc., I begin to worry if I am doing the right thing for me...my family is encouraging, but deeply concerned....I have lost over 100 lbs. on my own, ten years ago, but now I am up over 250 now...My normal weight used to be 125...the good life to me means traveling with food etc.....but I am the only one who is wearing it.....please keep in touch, I admire your for your guts and determination in choosing to be happy and well.

It was the best thing that my wife and I did. Had I not done it not sure what I would be at today in regards to medical issues. All my numbers are normal now. How are you doing with the band?

Chris

I'm 60 and was banded in June, and am so happy with the band. I have had some PB/sliming incidents, but that was a result of not changing my eating habits. After years of inhaling my food, its an adjustment, but I'm learning.

Before being banded I could barely walk without being in a lot of pain. Now I actually have a spring in my step.

Good luck!

carolepart -- I'll be 59 in January; my 1st bandiversary is 2/10. No regrets at all; only wish I'd moved forward sooner.

As for the cold feet, that's actually pretty common. Most get nervous right before surgery. It's okay!

The people who post with problems....you have to remember that a lot of people who have had the surgery are living their lives, succeeding with their weight loss and really haven't found a need to look for something like this board. Throw a problem at them, and they post because they are looking for answers, reassurance they are not alone, etc. I probably wouldn't be here except that I was looking for more information back before I had my surgery -- and I stuck around because I enjoy it. But the squeeky wheel thing certainly applies, LOL.

Good luck with your surgery and let us know how you're doing!!

I got mine done in July 09. I am happy as a clam and would recommend it to anyone. The one thing I will say is that you have to be committed to the process.

I'm 60 and had it done and redone. I would do it again tomorrow. I have spent most of my adult life fat so it is nice to finally have some success with losing. Right now I am on hold as I have not had a fill yet since my rebanding Oct. 7 2009. I was back to work on Tuesday.

Good luck with your decision.