Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

5th Day out and yes I ate Chicken!!

So...

Im starving...

I cooked my hunni my world famous chicken strips last night and I was so hungry that I ate probably a half of ounce with no complications whats so ever.

Did I fuck myself?

I am already 15lbs down (SW 287) and I just need food...would it be okay if I ate something every now and again? Or do I really have to wait until 24 days from now?

Um, I don't think that's such a good idea. Listen to your surgeon, if he said no food for a certain number of days, then listen to him. There's a reason you're not supposed to consume certain things.

please listen to your surgeon, eating too soon can be dangerous! you need to let your pouch heal completely and slowly re-introduce food back into your body. chicken is just way to hard on your pouch, it requires too much churning in your stomach to be eaten 5 days post-op. hang in there, it's only the beginning and it does get better. best wishes

I agree with the other posters. Even though it may seem alright, chicken takes more work than liquids/puree/whatever you're supposed to be eating right now to digest - you're stomach has to churn and turn and move more during the digestion process, and this is where you can rip a stitch or other complications.

Listen to your doctor!! He didn't come up with these rules just to see you suffer...hopefully :cool2:

You can do it!

Unforgettable nailed it. The reason you aren't supposed to eat solid food yet is that there is still a lot of healing going on. Solid food takes more effort by your stomach to break down before it moves into the intestines and all that churning and such can actually make your band slip. Believe me, we ALL know how hard it is to stick to the post-op diet once you start feeling pretty normal, but it's not to punish you -- it's to help you heal.

Be careful. I know many have a difficult time with the idea that just because you can eat it and tolerate it- that doesn't mean you should. Right now your life is all about healing- perhaps you can eat solids but there are risks to eating before your dr. gives you the okay. If I were you I would call the dr's office and tell them what you ate and ask them to explain the reasons why you are not allowed solids at this time in order to reinforce the ideas and strengthen the concepts.

Can Hunni cook his own meals while you are on liquids so you aren't tempted? It might be easier for you to stick to the plan that way and not risk hurting yourself.

:cool2:

We all need food. Its not easy being on a liquid or mushy diet but that's what we have to do. I don't want to sound preachy, but I'm sure you were aware going into this surgery that you'd have to stick to this diet. This is very saddening to me. The doctors know what they are doing. You're not the first person to have to suffer through this. Take it easy and really think about what you're doing to yourself by eating that chicken strip. You have to be careful or that band might have been for nothing.

I've said this before and here I go again: It saddens me to read posts like this. Why go to all the work to diet and fail for years, finally decide on LapBand, maybe jump thru insurance hoops or come up with the money on your own AND THEN...not follow the post-op instructions from your doctor?? If you have reached the point in life to want a LapBand, you must have been ready to change your life. This is not a diet. It is a life-changing surgery. I just can't see being willing to toss it all away for a freaking chicken strip.

Respectfully,

TPG

I hear ya!

I don't fuckin like you...stay out of my thread....your ridiculous....go somewhere if your not willing to offer support and constructive comments go somewhere else you bored bitch..

my guess is you'll be moderated.

everyone gave you sound advice - dropping weight has nothing to do with the post op liquid diet. it's about healing, in fact my dr suggested i not pay attention to the scale till i was on to actual food.

go do a search here on how so many are scared to enter the mushy/food stage because they'll gain some weight back after being on liquids for several wks. it will happen, which is why there is the healing phase & the "living" with the band life.

very likely one will not know of any damage done till several months out.......but it's your band, you do what you wish .

I just got banded July 23 and where my port, I have a knot the size of a huge grapefruit...so Im sad just thinking about having a complication with this band. :-(

So if my post seemed a little rude, it was not intentional just me thinking in terms of working so hard for something and losing it before you even get to use it. But I know you were not directing that comment at me, im just home now in my own bed able to think a little clear. But not to hijack....but was your tummy swollen where the port is located? My surgeon (and another one in his group said it was fine)...im not so sure...any advice would be appreciated!

I just got banded July 23 and where my port, I have a knot the size of a huge grapefruit...so Im sad just thinking about having a complication with this band. :-(

So if my post seemed a little rude, it was not intentional just me thinking in terms of working so hard for something and losing it before you even get to use it. But I know you were not directing that comment at me, im just home now in my own bed able to think a little clear. But not to hijack....but was your tummy swollen where the port is located? My surgeon (and another one in his group said it was fine)...im not so sure...any advice would be appreciated!

I think they were banned from the forum.

lol, banned.... band

oknotthatfunny

But not to hijack....but was your tummy swollen where the port is located? My surgeon (and another one in his group said it was fine)...im not so sure...any advice would be appreciated!

It's fine - that's normal. It's scar tissue forming. It'll feel like you have a ball there for several weeks. It should eventually go down and you'll only be able to feel your port. But don't try feeling it now - you'll likely only find that big scarball. :biggrin: