Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was doing a lot of research and had encouraged her to do the oxygen. I think she said she had it a few times when she went to the ER because the pain was unbearable. For some reason she did not want to get a tank for home. Maybe she was not impressed with the times she had it at the hospital, maybe she was nervous about a tank at home. But I do wish she would have tried it at home. I read about lots of success with it.

Take care.

Hey mich! Just thought I would let you know that the oxygen is working GREAT! I've had to use it few times in the last couple of days and I am very impressed with it. It usually aborts my headache within 5 minutes- before it gets full blown! Please let your mom know how well it works in case she starts having them again. If you go to clusterheadaches.com, there is a lot of information on cluster headaches and treatment there. They even have it to where you can print out how the doctor should write out your oxygen prescription, so insurance will pay for it. I hope she never needs it, but it is definitely a Godsend for me.

Take care.

Georgia,

Glad to hear that the oxygen is working. That is exciting news for you!

I hope things continue to improve.

Thanks Suzanne! I went to the doctor yesterday, and since tapering off the steroid, the headaches have come back. He put me on Verapamil, so hopefully I will see some good results from this.

Any news on your foot?

Hi Georgia Girl!

I've been off LBT for a long time too. I totally remember you and your GREAT recipes. Your turned me on the the creamy spinach dip in a jar that I still use all the time! I'm sooo sorry to hear about your headaches. It sounds awful and very dibilitating. Sounds like you're working hard w/your doc to try to figure out a treatment that will give you long and short term support. I wouldn't worry about your weight, everything will fall back in to place once you get your headaches under control. I actually had emergency surgery last week due to a severe slip/obstruction caused by severe scar tissue. It was crazy and all happened so fast. I'm doing great now and am happy to still have a band..let alond a new one! I've missed LBT and all the great support on here. It's especially nice to come back to familiar bansters like you. I really hope you are pain free soon and am happy to reconnect with you! I'm sending you big hugs and positive vibes that you get the relief you need!!

Hey marathinner!! It's so good to hear from you. Sorry about the slip, but glad you were able to keep a band. Are you doing okay since the surgery? Are you having to start all over with the food, like when you first got banded?

Thanks for the positive vibes! I really appreciate that. I went to the doctor this past Monday and he decided to put me on Verapamil, which is most commonly used as a blood pressure medication. It's been proven to work well for many people. It was either that or Lithium, and I just wasn't ready for that, lol.

I'm still taking the Prednisone too...got another week or so on it. I'm taking a much lower dose now, and I can already tell some of the swelling is going down and the hunger is getting better too! Thanks again for the kind words! Glad to hear from you! Keep posting and don't be a stranger!