Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Natural Cures

thanks for the great website - I will go check it out

As far as colonics being painful - I've never had one but my parents are doing them. I asked my mom to be honest and she said it didn't hurt at all. The first time it was a little uncomfortable but you got used to it and all sessions after that were a breeze.

I'm still reading the book - anyone care to compare notes? How much was the book running at costco?

Hey I just read a brief paragraph about how the governement had speed controls that could be put on every car and somehow it would work with each speed zone - pretty much eliminating all speeding etc. but that they banned it because then they would lose out on a lot of money from police writing tickets for people who break traffic laws etc. Interesting..............

Hey I just read a brief paragraph about how the governement had speed controls that could be put on every car and somehow it would work with each speed zone - pretty much eliminating all speeding etc. but that they banned it because then they would lose out on a lot of money from police writing tickets for people who break traffic laws etc. Interesting..............

I was a police officer for years, I might agree with your statement. :P

Our town has those speed devices. We used them on our school buses. What we have is a metal stop that goes under the gas pedal, by having this, it only allows the bus to accelerate so much.

what does the book say to do for acid reflux esophaghitis.

For Acid Reflux/Heartburn/Gas/Bloating

The main causes are: Candidia, parasites, nonprescription and prescription drugs, eating food that has been over processed with no living enzymes, mental and emotional stress.

Natural Cures: Raw organic apple cider vinegar with mother, drink 2-4 tablespoons before each meal; digestive enzymes, specifically with betatine hydrochloric acid; Probiotics, specifically acidophilus bifidus; Candida cleanse; parasite cleanse; colon cleanse; eat more organic raw fruits and vegetables; Dr. Coldwells stress-reducing techniques.

I love natural cures - Ive tried'em, and belive in'em.

Kathy, Ive heard about the vinegar cure for reflux. Have no idea if it works. Vinegar is very hard on the tummy, so Im afraid to have that floating around my band.

Im putting this book on my Christmas list!

Natural cures certainly have their place. I use several. Never bought the book that started this thread, it sounded too gimicky to catch my interest, but I have no doubt it contains some useful information. Unfortunately everything has two sides. wink.gif

Scientology is modern-day gnosticism, from its theoretical teachings. If you want the short and sweet of it:

Scientologists believe that 75 million years ago an evil galactic ruler, named Xenu, solved overpopulation by bringing trillions of people to Earth in DC-8 space planes, stacking them around volcanoes and nuking them. Then the souls of these dead space aliens were captured and boxed up and taken to cinemas where they were shown films of what life should be like, false ideas containing God, the devil and Christ and told to get ill.

After that they supposedly clustered together and now inhabit our bodies. Scientologists believe that if they rid themselves of these body thetans then they will be healthier and will gain special powers like mind-over-matter.

And from wiki:

In Scientology doctrine, Xenu (also Xemu) is a galactic ruler who, 75 million years ago, brought billions of people to Earth, stacked them around volcanoes and blew them up with hydrogen bombs. Their souls then clustered together and stuck to the bodies of the living, and continue to cause problems today. These events are known to Scientologists as "Incident II", and the traumatic memories associated with them as The Wall of Fire or the R6 implant. The story of Xenu is part of a much wider range of Scientology beliefs in extraterrestrial civilizations and alien interventions in Earthly events, collectively described as space opera by L. Ron Hubbard, the founder of Scientology

Wheetsin, your kidding, right? No, you are not.

So, on page 175 of the Natural Cures book, he says "In my opinion the simplest, most complete and effective system of eliminating psychosomatic illness, traumas, and emotional issues is the procedure of Dianetics and Scientology auditing."

So, Xenu and space aliens aside, I'm assuming something about Scientology applies to wellness, I just wonder what? Do you know what this auditing is he's referring to?

Listen, someone out there may be a Scientologist, and your beliefs are as odd and, pardon the pun, alien to me as my Christian beliefs are to someone else. So, feel free to speak up, or PM me is you are a Scientologist and understand what this Natural Cures guy is talking about. I'm seriously interested and will treat your beliefs with the respect they deserve. I really don't want to argue religion here, I just want to know more about this specific area.

Okay, thanks Wheetsin. You sure are handy.

So, Xenu and space aliens aside, I'm assuming something about Scientology applies to wellness, I just wonder what? Do you know what this auditing is he's referring to?

Actually yeah, I'm a little familiar with it, but I personally, based off what little I know, wouldn't use "scientology" and "wellness" in the same sentence! Trust me, I'm the least likely person in... well, probably the entire Midwest, to get into a theological argument. :)

I have put way too much study (for classes, not because I'm bored) toward ethics in psychology and science, and scientology has come up more than once during discussions (on the wrong side of the tracks, if you know what I mean). But I'm certainly no expert.

This as all purely as I understand it...

Auditing is maybe best thought of as a scientologist's approach to therapy, but from what I understand it relies on a prescribed set of questions that the "auditor" asks of the "pre-clear" (someone who is not yet clear about life, aka needing auditing).

Now, if you ask critics of scientology, they'll tell you about the "e-meter" that is used during auditing, which they believe is a form of aversion therapy (shock) designed to "help" the "pre-clear" find their way by applying electrical shocks to the "pre-clear". The downside of that being... "yeah, sure, I'll accept Xenu into my heart of you quit shocking me because it's only going to take so many zaps before I'll believe anything you tell me to." On the flip-side, scientologists claim it's harmless.

Here's more info.

Here's the flip side.

Oh please let me continue to be handy for something! :(

but please take what he says with a grain of salt and some knowledge about his probable reason for writing it.

I will take his information with more than a grain of salt because whether or not he has all of these issues from his past I could care less because if you read the book he gives you all the answers and if you don't believe him he also gives you information on how to research it and I have on some things. I'm not saying everything in his book is 100% accuarte but he speaks the truth on so many things about food, medications, doctors and surgeries in America - open your eyes and just do some research!

Diseases are running rampant in America and we are a highly over-medicated society depending on too many drugs & surgeries to fix the symptoms but not fixing the underlying problems.

Better yet - take a look at whats on the food label of what you are eating! Can you pronounce most of those ingredients - do you know what they are? I don't think so - its all minute amounts of chemical poison! I did not start this thread to cause controversy - but I don't appreciate being told to take it with a grain of salt when Natural Cures is something to believe in and being this is a support board - I was just sharing the information for whomever would like an alternative method.

Don't hassle it CandySmooch. Everyone has an opinion and firewheel was talking to all of us, not just you. I want ALL the opinions!!

Okay, so I haven't read the entire book but here's what I think so far...

BAD: this guy has an agenda for selling books, the natural products of others, and making big bucks while he's at it. Who knows how many of those links are kicking back to him based on hits and sales. He's not completely altruistic, that's certain to me.

GOOD: he's right about he junk we put into our bodies, the stuff we can't pronounce, the over-medication, the "it's all about the money" way the FDA or whoever is running neccessary regulations, the drug companies, all of it.

I tend to take a middle of the road approach. Yep, junk is bad and natural cures are a better alternative than be-bopping off to the doc for yet another pill. I couldn't agree more! So I try to read through his agenda (which I honestly question) and get the good healthy advice that's there. In that sense, the book is a great resource.

What I've done based on what I've read so far...I'm drinking Aloe Vera juice twice a day, I'm eating Ezekiel bread every morning, I'm increasing my Fiber to get the gunk out of my colon (I know it's there!!!) and I'm trying to figure out how to do some type of colon cleanse that's band-friendly. I also bought 2 gallons of distilled Water for drinking.

Smooch, did you ever do a colonic? How much and how many and how often? I'm really interested in that! Reading this book has me determined to do my best to Detox my system of junky gunk...ewww. I ate canned Soups over the weekend and the salt is killing me. I feel gross and want to get cleaned out!!!

So, yes, this book is a big hit for me, although I do kind of take it with a grain of salt, if you can call it that. Don't be mad! It's a great book!

I'm really interested in what others have learned or are doing differently because of it. Anyone???