Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

pre-op gastroscope...is this normal?

My Doc's office called Tuesday and wanted to schedule a gastroscope for tomorrow. This is the first mention of this since the whole process started. Since it was not a nurse who called me I didn't think to ask "why". But, like I told her, I'll do whatever it takes to get me banded. And I know the scope is not very invasive, but was just wondering why. So tomorrow morning at around 10 am, I'll be in la-la-land.:thumbup::laugh:

I actually had my scope this morning. It is a really good thing to have done just to check that you don't have any ulcers or any other problems.

Absolutely.

I totally agree with BstoneStreet.

I would have my doubts about any Surgeon who wanted to install a LB and DIDN'T do a scope on me. It's very important to take a look at the inside of your stomach/esophagus/etc, and see what the condition is, and look for any signs of potential trouble on the INSIDE.

It's a very easy procedure, and nothing to be concerned about. And, sometimes they give you nice pictures of your insides!:D

HH

Thanks guys. Being a nurse, you think I'd've realized this. If it had been a patient asking me, I would have had an immediate answer without thinking. But when it comes to myself, my brain stops. Thanks for responding!! I had the scope yesterday, and as it turns out I have H-palori and a small hiatal hernia. The H-palori should be resolved after 10 days of A LOT of EXPENSIVE and quite large capsules, like 3 "horse"capsules 4 times a day. And the hernia, the doc said, can be repaired at the time of my banding if necessary. So, I'm really gald it was done.