Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can you tell me what foods seem to stay longer? I just had my second fill. I can feel a little restriction, but not much. I feel the food go through slowly, but nothing is staying in my pouch. Thank you!!!!!

It may not until you've had several fills...that depends on many factors including you, your stomach, your surgeon and how aggressive s/he is will fills, how big your band is now, how much is IN there now, how "reactive" your stomach is (some swell, I don't seem to) etc etc.

AND what foods linger seems to vary by person too. Some find things like thick warm "cereal type" foods (cream of wheat, oatmeal) stay. I personally feel full longest on about 3 ounces of grilled steak, or some chicken breast. You'll find what works for you as you get more restriction.

Check with your doctor about what foods he/she recommends. My doctor said I should not eat beef for the first year.

Check with your doctor about what foods he/she recommends. My doctor said I should not eat beef for the first year.

Another great example of how very different our docs, our diet, our experiences are....my doc wants us to be able to eat anything and in fact hamburger is listed as a mushie. :thumbup:

So follow your docs orders, ask questions if you are in doubt or if a restriction or direction seems odd (like no meat for 1 year! LOL or the "no caffeine" directive I got) and hang in there!

Yup...

My surgeon says no foods are off limit - you just have to try yourself and see.... in fact - he told me yesterday at my 1st fill that as I have my steak cooked VERY rare, that I should try it...

I have found that since my fill I need to eat little and often, rather than three meals in order to stay full...

I'm hoping that after my 2nd fill. I'll rectify that!!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
    • Doctor-Links

hgh kaufen  in unserer Online-Apotheke  
      Menschliches Wachstumshormon (HGH) ist ein kleines Protein, das in einem Teil des Gehirns, der Hypophyse, produziert wird. Es wandert in Ihrem Blutkreislauf durch Ihren ganzen Körper, um Ihren Körper wachsen zu lassen.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches