Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

UGHH, the comments..

My hubby decides to take the whole family for a nice dinner before my surgery. (date is 7/29-YAY!!) my loving brother-in-law and sister-in-law ask me again why I am doing this.. "you are doing soo good, why don't you just keep it up and put off surgery?" I have to say that I really have dealt with a lot of this lately. I have taken off almost 40lbs pre-surgery. I keep explaining that I will put the weight back on as soon as I get a stressed. (I am the classic stress eater) With the band I will not feel the hunger and not want to eat.. I love how people who don't have any weight issuses are so easy to give you advice!! I just don't get it...

Thanks for listening to my vent, LOL!!!:lol:

:lol:) I know what you mean... I have even played the game in my head thinking I don't need to do this.... well I know what will happen 3-4 months down the road if I don't. I have tried it my way for years! and I have 220 lb to show for it !!!!! I like the idea of having the consequence of vomiting if I over do it. I HATE TO VOMIT! for me I liken it to touching the electric fence!!! and now that I have cut back on my dinners etc I am hungry 2 hrs later , stomach rumbling hungry.... I am hanging tough right now knowing there is a solution coming, I have a few almonds and it will subside so I can go to sleep. hang in there, congrats on your date! I can't wait for mine... I may find out in a week! I hope so!

Hello where are you from? Having surgery where may I ask? I know what you mean when they say those comments. I got them mostly from non family members. Since my family knows first hand how after losing 165 pounds twice in my mid 20's to my mid 30's they know how the pounds just came right back on after all that hard work. The stress, the happy & the everything momments in between just kept my gaining time & time again. Now I'm losing slow and it's for sure permant this time.

Cynthia

Edited by LiveLoveLaugh

I was told the same thing by a friend's daughter who happens to be overweight herself. She has lost a few pounds on WW (again) and feels that I could do it w/o surgery. I was really surprised at her comment as she is well aware of our eating behavior and failures. I wish her well though.

...this is one of the reasons I never volunteered the information about my surgery to 99% of the people I know. Not because I'm trying to hide anything as I freely tell anyone who asks me how I lost weight.

It's just that I spent literally over a year of focused research to decide the best option for me. A random comment from someone who has no idea what my issues are or what this surgery is really about is a waste of air.

I totally agree. It's so frustrating. My sister's big concern is that I would get thinner than her. She emailed me that she "heard through the grapevine I had lost over 50 pounds that it was so miraculous". I was totally irritated and replied that it wasn't so miraculous, I had worked my tail off at the gym and exercising at home as well for 2 hours per day and couldn't eat solid food without throwing it up. This is not a miracle. This is shear determination. Give me the credit damn it!

My advice to you and anybody else who is busting their tail to loose weight.........surround yourself with supportive people and let the rest go.

Edited by FailureIsntAnOption