Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sorta Bummed Out

Hey guys. I gotta vent here. I fell in love with my Halloween costume months ago...some of you remember the picture that I posted. Well, it finally came in from California. My boss ordered it wholesale from some warehouse. I told him order me the biggest one, since I gotta fit clothes under it, I work outside when the Haunted House opens up and it gets damn chilly out there. Well I brought it home and tried it on...it fit great...UNTIL it hit the area in the back where it had to go around my chest. It will not velcro shut~~~ There is a good three - four inch gap in the velcro. The rest of it velcros shut, but I can't walk around half open...and if I velcro the dress shut before I put it on, I have to thump the girls over the waist line and then NOT BREATH. God forbid one of the girls gets affected by a cold breeze~Theres NO ROOM in there for anything. SOOO heres my bitch. I have lost 50 POUNDS since having surgery. My girls will not fit into this gown! Its sooo pretty. I am by no means a seamstress and I haven't the vaguest idea how to fix it. I know that extra material needs to be added. I think the way to do it is in a wedge. I have my cousin helping me, but I am really bummed that it came to this. I have lost weight everywhere else, but the girls just aren't playin right!!!!! Now I am thinking rather than compromise the costume, and possible screw it up I may go to a different costume...which would suck cause I have had my heart set on this one...I dunno...I just dunno. I gotta talk to my boss about it......and see what my cousin can do to help me fix it... Maybe save it for next year..I dunno...I just dunno

thanks for listening

I understand your pain, been there done that, however, I have a possible solution. You could get some bias tape that matches the color of the gown and cut pieces long enough to be able to tie the two ends into a bow and space it out down the area that you're having trouble with. Just sew a piece of bias on each side of the gown and then when it's time to get dressed, have someone tie up your bows. Like you said, you're going to be wearing clothes under it anyway, just try to wear something close in color to the gown and it shouldn't stand out.

Just a simple and inexpensive way to fix the problem, and you won't ruin the gown because you can always take the bias tape off afterwards. I think it would be very easy to do this. Let me know what you think.

Cindy

Is your cousin a seamstress? If so then good. If not then GET THEE TO A PROFESSIONAL SEAMSTRESS!!!! I say this because these women can work magic....MAGIC I tell you!!!!! I have seen them do some flat out amazing work in matching fabric and thread color. Please....it's nearing your most fave holiday of all time.....DO NOT USE THIS AS AN EXCUSE TO BEAT UP ON YOURSELF!!! To are too precious, valuable and worthy for that.

Seriously. Use the costume you love. Find a seamstress. Then frolic like the happy halloween chick that you are!!!

Yeah, I was thinking lace it up - but the bias tape idea is good, too. No holes that way.

Besides, a little hint of skin is provocative, right?

You could go for a Madonna appeal - wear a lacy black bra underneath and use the ties. OR you could wear a leotard or something under it.

I was looking for the post with the link to the dress and I can't find it... Could you give us the link, again, please?

Cindi...I appreciate your feed back, but I dont know what bias tape is! :) I am the queen of boogaring things together. I have actually glued a costume together once!! I like the idea of having a lace up back! That would look hot with red ribbon, like a corsette. I think I will go see the local seamstress lady tomorrow. I am on a tight time frame here. We open in 7 days!!! YIKES....

Karen THANK YOU for saying "DO NOT USE THIS AS AN EXCUSE TO BEAT UP ON YOURSELF!!! To are too precious, valuable and worthy for that." I was taking it to the "I could have done better, I could have worked harder, I could have lost more weight between now and my surgery".....frame of mind.

Hummmm this stinks..but it is fixable and maybe taking it somewhere would cause me less of a mind bend..ya know? I will letcha know how this turns out....

THANK YOU

Bias tape can be found anywhere they sell fabric, even Wal Mart, but you know what, ribbon would work just as well and look even prettier. Please send us pics and look forward to the event, not fear it, you have done a wonderful job losing 50 lbs!!!!!! We don't have control where the weight will come off, so don't you dare blame yourself.

Enjoy the party and do some spooking for me!!!!!!!

Cindy

Hey there again. the link to my costume is http://shop.com.edgesuite.net/ccimg.catalogcity.com/210000/214800/214881/products/lg_15277295.jpg

ReneBean....a hint of skin IS SEXY...AND I WOULD LOVE TO DO IT...but I work outside girl, in October...at night! It gets a little chilli out there!!! One year we were out there in the snow!!! A leotard just doesn't cut it.. we gotta layer layer layer. I was gonna get this stuff called ummm Body Armour and its supose to be AWESOME at keeping ya warm!

Thanks for the suggestions...keep em comin

After seeing the gown, I think you're right, red ribbon laced up the back would be fab!!! See you've got the idea, not just get your cousin to help you or take it to a seamstress to do it. I wish I lived closer, I could do it for you, but I'm in Florida and from your description of being cold in October, sounds like you're in a more Northerly direction.

Good luck and take care!

Cindy

Your seamstres/taylor should be able to fix it up without much difficulty. You could always get one of Nana~'s corsets... :) oh la la !

Yes, you have done amazing work since getting your band! We are very proud, and you should be too! Damn, you lost 50, I lost 3. Excellent work on your part!

Thank you Vines....I am proud, but you know what its like when disappointment hits in one area, it affects all other things. At least thats how it is for me, when one thing goes wrong...thats it, and it usually falls on my shoulders when it goes wrong. Anyhow, after listening to all your fine comments and motovating comments, and just you all being the wonderful people that you are, I am feeling better about this. It can be done. It can be fixed. And it will be by the time we open..seven days is a lot of time actually!! I have eyeballed Nanas corsettes more than once now...they are absolutely gorgious! One day as a treat I will get me one!!!

Cindy...I do live in "upstate" New York. I dunno how they call this area upstate ~ Did they forget about Albany? I am about one hour north of New York City. I take it from your aviator and your ticker tape your sorta into this Halloween thing too? I want to sooo badly go to Universal Studios for their Haunted Adventure!! You go and I will live thru you. Actually my dad and I have been trying to get it together for me to get there but it never ever works. Next year we are gonna start planning and making arrangements earlier!!!

Jack....BLESS YOU and your Sea Lovers Soul!!!!! Fur lined punkins....HUMMM that gives me a great idea for NEXT YEAR! Whoa. ehehehehe

It is truely an honor to have all you wonderful people rally around when one is down! I will certainly post pictures when all is done and over with.

Yes - have the seamstress cut some buttonholes in it and get yourself some red ribbon to match that panel. It will be fab. OR if it's just too tight for the velcro to hold, she can put in some hook & eye closures. That will just give some reinforcement on top of the velcro.

Sorry about the cold thing. It was something over 95 degrees in Dallas today. I tend to forget that other parts of the world experience the mythical and mysterious effect known as "cold". lol

Happy Haunting!

By Gosh I think weve got it!! My cousin and I went to the store today to get what she would need to fix my costume, and ya know what...Im really impressed with as much as she does know. I honestly think its gonna be okay!! FANTASTIC ACTUALLY! I gave her her dead lines....Wednesday at the latest...and I know she can do this!! I feel sooo positive about how this is gonna turn out...and if not, there will still be enough time to take it to a professional seamstress..This is going to be okay. I will post pictures when I can......thanks all for listening!!!

:dead

Tell us, what is she going to do? I am always looking for new and cleaver ways to fix things up and I would love to know what her plan is.

I am soooooo happy for you, you sound much relieved and are excited about the whole event again. Yeahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

I too am a Halloween lover, holiday lover in general, just give me a reason to Celebrate and I'm there!!!!

I hope this years event is the best ever for all of you.

If you decided to come down to Universal, give me a heads up and maybe we could meet up, I don't think I'd want to go through that one alone, toooo scary, but I love being scared. I guess you can tell I am a little mixed up! Ha, make that a lot mixed up who care? It's who I am!!!!

awe chichi girl! thanks for the well wishes for the best event ever! I am so excited I can't wait.

Our game plan is to add an extra wedge of material shaped like a V...and we are turning it into a corsette back!! We bought loops that we are going to sew onto the sides of the back, and then we got this awesome!!!!! black rope ribbon....SEXXXY!! We bought a little extra fabric too so we could double up. That will help me retain some heat too.. It gets damn cold out there. One year we were haunting in the snow!!! That was something.

I certainly will give ya a shout out if I get down there for Universal! I cant wait to see it. I love to be scared!!! Reminds ya your alive. I wouldn't want to see it alone either, but not cause Im chicken but because I would like to see other peoples responces. And dont worry about your oddities, because your right, thats what makes you YOU. God, I am a 32 year old mother of one......and I play dress up every Friday Saturday and Sunday to go play in the woods!! And I have been doing it for FOUR years. I rationalize story lines and plots to make sure things "make sence"...make sence for what?? THE WORLD OF MAKE BELIEVE....sooo dont think your alone in the screwy lane lady..youve got plenty of company there....:)

TTYL

SIX MORE DAYS TILL OPENNING NIGHT~SIX MORE DAYS TILL OPENNING NIGHT

I love it!!! What a great idea for your cousin to come up with!!!! It's going to be absolutely perfect.

Hey, I know I am not alone in the screwy lady department, I have lots of company, one of the reasons I hang around. It's such much more being 'different' and truly enjoying life than to be bored to tears. I love that you dress up for your little one, what a great Mom you are!!!!!

Have a great time!!!!!!

Cindy