Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

please help me

Guest christinebaby26

Guest christinebaby26

hi everyone im on my 5th day of my 2 week before surgery liquid diet and im having my surgery oct 3rd ....im ready to bust i wanna cry im so hungry... and feel liek no matter how many veggies or slim fast drink i drink im still not satisfied....and if i feel like this now is my surgery going to work? im so upset and confused and angry and im braking down emotionally i never new that i could feel like this from not being able to eat is this normal?

does anyone know what i can do i called my nutrionist today and she said i could add egg whites or 3 oz of grilled chicken in my diet but to me thats not a big deal im so confused help me someone please

Girl, this has to be a lifetime committment. You can get through this. The best thing to do is ask for phone numbers and use friends to get you through the day. Get out of the house and go to the park or the carwash. Go check War and Peace out of the library and sit down for a good read. Absorb yourself in cleaning the entire house or any other project. You can and will do this. Freeze some orange juice in ice cube trays, eat sugar free Jello. We are all here. Slam away at the keyboard in anger, write a book. Just don't eat. You've come WAY TO FAR to blow it now!

YOU CAN DO IT!

Hi there-

I have one of the best doctors in the world for this type of surgery, and he does not put his patients on liquids until the day before surgery. I am not sure why this is necessary, but I am sure your doctor has a reason.

Try the chicken, try the egg whites, be creative (I am 8 days post-op and would kill for either right now!)!! I have been having trouble the last few days with post-op liquids only, and I have made some of the most amazing Soups to try to get past my hunger. It is working. I take canned veggies of all kinds- carrots, peas, corn, sweet potatoes, broccoli, etc, and cook them with veggie or chicken broth, season them heavily with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and the PUREE THE CRAP OUT OF THEM. My best one yet was carrots, corn, chicken broth, lots of pepper, and then some skim milk to make it creamy. pureed and THINNED. I find it ironic that it took this surgery for me to really discover how amazing simple foods can taste!!

Good luck to you!

what you are going through right now is very tough, sorry. Can you have any liquids? I would have something that had a bit of fat, like one of the Kefer (yogurt drinks) that has some fat. Fat, along with Protein will help you feel full longer.

Once you are healed with your band, you will be on real food again. The stage you are at IS NOT typical. You can do this. If I can leave my family for 4 years to get a college education, you can do a couple of weeks on this diet.

Courage!

Pre op diet sucks, PLAIN AND SIMPLE,I mean come on you got to go o na diet to have WLS? Makes no sense to me even though I know the reasoning behind it but you will be surpised when you are in the post op diet phase and how much easier the liquid diet is, I was so concerned I was not going to just live on liquids for 3 weeks after surgery but to my amazement it was not bad at all, I blame it on all of the swelling and gas I had which made me have no appetite whatsover.You will get through this, those who have had a pre op diet are all here to tell about it, I did not have a pre op diet. Hang in there YOU CAN DO THIS!

I just found this recipe on a web site regarding how to cook after a hurricane and all you have is canned stuff in the house. It is surprisingly good

Cream of pumpkin Soup

1 can of pumpkin (the kind you use for pies)

1 can of evaporated milk

1 can of chicken broth

1/2 tsp onion powder

1/4 tsp garlic powder

1/4 tsp nutmeg

salt and pepper to taste

mix it all up in a pan and bring it to a slow simmer. I like mine a bit thicker, so I make a roux with 1 -2 TB of cornstarch and mix that in there, too.

I was wondering what I was going to do with all those left over cans from last Thanksgiving :cheeky

the doctor wants you to loose fat from around your liver. Some people do the liquid diet some do adkins or what ever works for them. Talk to them about diet alternatives.

I didnt have to loose weight before my surgery, i did loose 10 pounds before i even went to see the doctor. I went to a meeting about the band and they said no more soda, so i stopped drinking it and boomb 10 pounds gone.

You can do it!!!

Oh I really feel for you. My doctor just said I had to lose 10 pounds before he would do the surgery, so I ate home made veggie Soups all of the time. I am now on the second to the last day of thick liquids and I have been miserable too.

I finally made a Soup out of a turkey patty and broth and sweet potato and then pureed it down to liquid and I am no longer hungry. I chose the sweet potato because it has a low glycemic index, so your blood sugar doesn't surge up and then go back down. It works for me.

Hang in there, take one day at a time and talk about it as much as you need to.

But....let's remind ourselves why we are doing this.....for our health and our beauty!!!!!! You know how long the beauty parlor can take, right? Just think over and over that you are doing this for yourself and it's a good thing and tell yourself that you can do it.

Hanging right in with you...

Its not always the norm here to do a pre op liquid diet but I must admit I just dont understand why you cant just do a very low calorie diet of real food instead. I mean it cant be good for you having that processed rubbish (optifast) every meal for weeks and not eating fresh food. Surely that just gives the liver more work?

Oh Christine, I know how you feel!!!! I was on a liquid diet for 14 days before my surgery also and it was the longest 2 weeks of my life. But I did it! And SO CAN YOU!!

It's hard but just think of the outcome. I lost 11 lbs that 2 weeks.All I could have was Clear Liquids, 3 cups of skim milk per day, sf Jello, sp popcicles and 2 fudgecicles per day. Do as Lisa (DeLarla) says, go find something to do!

Go window shopping and look at all the clothes you are going to be able to fit into after surgery!! We are here for you so pound away on that keyboard!!! Here is a big hug for you! (((((((HUG)))))))

Keep your chin up! You can do it!! It' all worth it!!

Christine I have been there girlfriend and it is hard. Everyone tells you it will get better for me it did not get better I just dealt with it better. I know how you feel and everyone is different. I didn't have to go through a pre-op diet but for me the 2 weeks liquid diet post-op was bad. You will survive it and get through it..but as for it getting better if that were the case then we all would still stay on liquid diets right? You will be on the liquids for 4 weeks by my calculation 2 before and 2 after. After banding you will not find it that hard for the first week to ten days due to the swelling. I don't know if your doctor fills at the time of surgery or not. If he does you will probably have an easier time with the post-op liquids. Hang in there.

Keeping it real,

DeeDee

OOOO girlie i feel your pain... i had 11 days of a clear liquid diet. God i was so crabby ok i will be honest i was a BITCH... lol..

Its hard but you will love your results!!!!!

Kim

I was on a liquid diet last year and it took 10 days of pure liquids before I felt no appetite. You are probably going through the peak of the hunger right now. Just know that if you hang in there and if you must chew, chew Protein, that the worse is almost over. Lots of good people gave good advice. I know that after I am banded on Mon. (9/26) that I will reread these posts and my own advice.

We are all on your side and you are NOT alone!!!!!

All blessings

Darla

Try Carb Solutions. It has 23 grams of protien and it really isnt that bad tasting. I cry atr just about everthing. But I'm really not hungry. This past Wednesday I wanted to kill, but then I had 1/2 cup of MP and felt a thousand times better.

Cream Soups are good too, but mostly the carb solutions cause of all the protien.

Hang in there you don't have much longer.