Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

had a small unfill and now eating everything

So I was vomiting daily and could not eat much so I finally went in for an unfill and .4cc were taken out. I think I have about 1.6cc in now. Now I can eat everything and have gained 10# last I knew and gained 1 dress size! How depressing! I feel so bloated and have lost control in a few weeks. I go in for a fill on Friday 7-24 and hope I do not get yelled as I felt so good at my previous weight of 175 and size 12. Just had to vent. How can a person go from being so good to being so bad! Weight will always be a problem. How are other long termers doing? Everyone at their goal? How many fills and unfills has everyone had? This is only my 4 fill/unfill so all in all have done well. I thought I was normal vomiting every day and not being able to eat many foods, but I guess that is not the case. Wish me luck!! Thanks,

hey susie - so weird this post came up today in our surgery month / yr. i just had 2.2cc's taken out this afternoon because i had a nagging cough/reflux.

he thought it was all band related, but i had swollen glands and a little ear ache - so with the unfill he gave me some antibiotics to fight infection.

i've been the same weight for almost a yr - i read your post and took a deep breath.....DON'T want to gain, so might have to put more time in the gym???:smile:

i've had 9 fills & 5 unfills since oct/07 - hopefully this will be the final stop???

hang in there!!!!

I had a fill on Friday 0.5cc which was more than was taken out a month ago. I am getting back on track and am down 5# from Friday. I have to go back in a month and show a food journal-the ARNP I think was upset at me for gaining after my unfill!! I told her I had no restriction-that is why I had surgery. How are you doing with your unfill? Feeling better? So am exercising and getting some good food in the house again. Keep in touch. What do your meals consist of? And how much do you eat? I was told to eat 1/2 cup per meal? Not much. And I am 5 ft 10 inches tall. Take care. Suz

Hi-how did your unfill go? Have you gained any weight? Can you control what you eat? I am hungry a lot! I am supposed to see the Nurse Prac. who did my fill and give her a food journal, which I have not even completed 1 day on it yet! I think I need more fill. kind of bummed because I did so well before and now feel like I failed my band! Are you feeling better after the antibiotics? Let me know how it is going for you. I think my metabolism is all screwed up!!

I had a 0.2cc unfill about a year ago becuase although I wasnt *too* tight, I thought perhaps I'd be better with a little less for maintenance.

Wrong! Lol, I didnt gain more than a pound or two, but boy did I notice the increase in appetite! Its amazing how much difference it makes. I ended up with that .2cc back and its perfect.

Hi-how did your unfill go? Have you gained any weight? Can you control what you eat? I am hungry a lot! I am supposed to see the Nurse Prac. who did my fill and give her a food journal, which I have not even completed 1 day on it yet! I think I need more fill. kind of bummed because I did so well before and now feel like I failed my band! Are you feeling better after the antibiotics? Let me know how it is going for you. I think my metabolism is all screwed up!!

a few days later i had to have all but 1.5ccs taken out, as the cough/reflux hadn't improved. basically wide open - my appetite is back & monitoring portions is what i'm trying to manage.

i have gained 6lbs back, but that was after losing & dropping well below my "normal" range....i go next monday for a barium test to see if the swelling has gone down. i believe it has because the cough & reflux stopped almost imediately after the 2nd unfill. fingers crossed i can work my way back up to a fill that day, cause pushing my plate aside when i can eat it all is getting tough!!!

when do you go back to the NP?