Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

All has been going okay. I had my last required visit with my PCP last week and he said he would have my paperwork done ASAP. I love my PCP, he is really great, caring, and supportive and a wonderful Dr and person. I was called this morning and told it was ready so I went and got it immediately.

As I was leaving I realized he forgot to sign one place. I turned back around and had to wait about 20 mins while they waited for him to sign. Off I went to copy everything so I could have a copy. As I was copying I was also reading the Office Notes and his letters. There were so many typos they are practically useless! My name is incorrect in the text -- not even a name, just some letters. Sentences weren't even readable, just some random words strung together. In a few cases I could tell what they were supposed to say but some were just ??????. And the most important point about my surgical need is that my foot CAN'T heal due to the excess weight, but in the letter it says my foot "can heel". :crying: Wrong homophone and without the 't the meaning is completely changed! Noone bothered to read any of this stuff! If they had it would have been noticed that parts were jibberish!

So I made the copies anyway. Went to the WLSC and talked with the insurance person to ask about these typos. Of course she said they have to be fixed but she was also confused about why I was bringing all this in. . . because they already sent in my Paperwork to the insurance for approval. WHAT PAPERWORK????? I was holding the paperwork that they needed to submit! I know for a fact they didn't have any of this because they submitted 2 days BEFORE my last Dr. visit and he had none of this done until Saturday! I told her that this is the paperwork they need and asked if she will submit it. She said they will wait until the insurance says they need it.^_^ That will delay things weeks and maybe a month or more.

I am so frustrated. I am now waiting for the corrected letters which could be a week or so. Then I will just fax it all to the insurance myself. I was really hoping to have the surgery in August, but I am thinking it will probably be September now.

Red tape and incorrect paperwork makes me crazy. I just recently retired and it took them a year to complete everything. I canceled my insurance and went with my husband's because it is cheaper now. When I got my backpay (because it took so long) they had taken a big chunk of money out for insurance I didn't even have. I already had my new insurance card and everything. I called the retirement office and they told me that I have to redo everything. I said you've got to be kidding. I knew for a fact (spoke to the insurance company) that the insurance company could not have cancelled me without the proper paperwork from my retirement office. What a pain. I jumped through hoops in the beginning to ensure they had everything and they still messed it up. I still don't have my back pay, etc. etc. It is always something. I am so sorry you have to go through that but hopefully you can get it straightened out and be on the road to the band life. Good Luck!

I am so sorry that is happening to you. I am currently struggling with my Surgeon's office and them delaying my insurance submission. What's even worse is the lady I was venting to tried to defend the office by saying I shouldn't have been promised anything and they have over 100 insurance submission to input a month!! I am so upset, mainly because any other doctor's office I would have told them to kick rocks and switch doctors but I feel like I'm stuck!!

I hope everything works out for you (and me)! I too am hoping for an August date...

Deep Breath. I have talked to the Insurance company several times today. They said to just send it in myself and not wait for the Dr. office. I do have copies of the actual office notes for 3 out of the 4 PCP visits and I have called and asked if I can get the 4th one tomorrow. Hopefully I can pick it up in the morning and fax it all to Aetna by noon. I still need the transcribed Office Notes and his letters, but hopefully this will help the process.