Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Did your insurace tell you that they only cover 50% of the surgery?

Hey Girl, I just got in from work and saw that you too work for the Health Department!!LOL!! I am a nurse for Lifecare, actually I am the ONLY LPN working in Winston Co in the Lifecare Program.. I just wished that meant job security!! Hell I forgot what a raise looked like on my pay stub!!! As for the 6 Month diet, I think BC/BS has changed that recently.. I do know that BC/BS will approve you for a year from the original date they approved you. I thought that I wasn't going to be able to have it done:mad2: until I called the lady at Care Wise, they are the people who actually approve you and send it to BC/BS.When I found tha tout I decided to just save part of my travel checks from now until November.:eek:

i'm going to be honest, I don't have a clue about what LifeCare is. :thumbup: (I'm sure you don't know what the asthma pilot program is either though):laugh: I am now pretty nervous:scared2: because of what you said about the 6 month diet. I was told two different things by BC/BS. I will cry:crying: if they turn in all of my stuff and say,"Well you didn't do the 6 month diet." The most recent coworker to have it done was in January-don't know when she was approved. see, i have enough leave for one week, basically for surgery. I had a daughter 7 months ago. I can't see taking time for 7 months to get weighed. your group # is 13000 too isn't it?

i'm going to be honest, I don't have a clue about what LifeCare is. :laugh: (I'm sure you don't know what the asthma pilot program is either though):eek: I am now pretty nervous:scared2: because of what you said about the 6 month diet. I was told two different things by BC/BS. I will cry:crying: if they turn in all of my stuff and say,"Well you didn't do the 6 month diet." The most recent coworker to have it done was in January-don't know when she was approved. see, i have enough leave for one week, basically for surgery. I had a daughter 7 months ago. I can't see taking time for 7 months to get weighed. your group # is 13000 too isn't it?
Lifecare is like home health. When a patient is too far gone for home health and not bad enough for a long term facility they call Me. Yes my number is 13000, I think that you might not have to do the 6 month supervised diet, just call BC/BS, they should be able to tell you everything you need to know.:thumbup:

I have learned from reading these postings (It seems like forever) If you get an answer from the insurance company you don't like, wait a day and call back and talk to someone else. ) It seems to have worked a lot of times for a lot of people. If you get that "just right" person and they send it to you in writing, I think you are in. As I see it they are probably told to turn down as much as possible. (Just my opinion)

I know I am going to try it when the time comes up. And, I know it will.

Good luck on your Quest.< /p>

I have learned from reading these postings (It seems like forever) If you get an answer from the insurance company you don't like, wait a day and call back and talk to someone else. ) It seems to have worked a lot of times for a lot of people. If you get that "just right" person and they send it to you in writing, I think you are in. As I see it they are probably told to turn down as much as possible. (Just my opinion)

I know I am going to try it when the time comes up. And, I know it will.

Good luck on your Quest.< /p>

LOVE THE NAME PICKLES-cuz i love pickles!:crying: Yeah, insurance co. change per person you get. Two times they said i have a 50% payment on the surgery:eek:, One time i had to take the 6 month diet:eek:, and two times they said that i did NOT have to do the 6 month diet:cool:. SO, i called the hospital and asked what it showed that i had to pay, she thinks $100 for outpatient surgery:thumbup: and was supposed to call me back but never did:confused:. oh well. I'll find out when i go to have the surgery. But yeah call call call. They are trying to discourage as many of these surgeries as possible of course, cause it cost them money. Good luck to you as well:biggrin:

Lifecare is like home health. When a patient is too far gone for home health and not bad enough for a long term facility they call Me. Yes my number is 13000, I think that you might not have to do the 6 month supervised diet, just call BC/BS, they should be able to tell you everything you need to know.:crying:

I called BC/BS again (three times) NOPE! Thank goodness! i have to do the EMI computer course and then submit to insurance. Bless you in this endevor. write me sometimes. email too!:thumbup: