Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can you feel the band slip?

Does anyone know if you can "feel" the band actually slip?? I just worried, that if something were to happen..would I even know??

I didn't feel mine slip but, I started to have issues with reflux...tell tale sign. It kept me up at night and some foods would just sit there for hours and hours. I had revision surgery this past December because we discovered my band was slipped and my stomach prolaspsed. So if you experience reflux all of a sudden...make sure to get tested. I wanted to be tested but, it took a year of unfills, fills and unfills to finally convince them something was wrong. Don't wait as long as I had to...be demanding on your own care...I had to be to finally get the problem solved.

I can't answer your question, but I wanted to see how you're feeling and how your surgery went. I hope everything went fine and that you're feeling well. Have you gone back to work yet?

I can't answer your question, but I wanted to see how you're feeling and how your surgery went. I hope everything went fine and that you're feeling well. Have you gone back to work yet?

Hey Sue!

Everything went great! I loved the OCC and the doctors! very good experience! Other then nausea from the meds, I felt MUCH better than i thought I would... until i got home.. The gas pains in the chest and back were unbearable!! I didnt get any in the shoulder...but the feeling of a 24 hour heart attack is enough! I went back to work Tuesday and was in so much pain and discomfort that I left early and took the rest of the week off! My firt official day back in tomorrow. Still have port pain, but gas pains are FINALLY gone!!

How r you!!?

:wink2:

I didn't feel mine slip but, I started to have issues with reflux...tell tale sign. It kept me up at night and some foods would just sit there for hours and hours. I had revision surgery this past December because we discovered my band was slipped and my stomach prolaspsed. So if you experience reflux all of a sudden...make sure to get tested. I wanted to be tested but, it took a year of unfills, fills and unfills to finally convince them something was wrong. Don't wait as long as I had to...be demanding on your own care...I had to be to finally get the problem solved.

Thanks for the heads up!!

Hi Agnes,

Glad your gas pains are gone. Hope you feel well enough to go back to work this week.

I'm doing so, so. Kinda dissapointed..... Before having the surgery, it seems like the Dr.'s office promised me the world so I would have the surgery (especially since I was self pay). So, they said it wouldn't be a problem to have my first fill 3 weeks post op, because I was planning on going out of town. Now that I'm dealing with the "fill office", they never answer the phone. They say leave a message and then they never call back.

Well, since that first tiny fill .4cc's. Yes, point 4. I have gone from feeling hungry all the time, to overeating, to undereating, to feeling stomach pain, Constipation, nausea, insomnia, headaches, and the latest, gas and shakiness. I am so depressed :wink2:. I guess it could be worse... no vomiting...

I don't know if I've lost any weight. Up to three days ago, I kept losing and gaining back 1-3 pounds. I started getting obsessed with the scale, so I threw it away and decided I would just do my best....

I've read on this forum about some people having problems like this. I guess I was hoping I would be one of the lucky ones and not have any problems and lose massive amounts of weight instantly!!!

Hope you're one of the lucky ones!! Oh, I also started feeling worse since I started taking an antibiotic for an eye infection. I don't know if it's coincidence or if that could be irritating my stomach. Antibiotics never gave me any stomach problems before..... I think I'll post that question....

Hi Agnes,

Glad your gas pains are gone. Hope you feel well enough to go back to work this week.

I'm doing so, so. Kinda dissapointed..... Before having the surgery, it seems like the Dr.'s office promised me the world so I would have the surgery (especially since I was self pay). So, they said it wouldn't be a problem to have my first fill 3 weeks post op, because I was planning on going out of town. Now that I'm dealing with the "fill office", they never answer the phone. They say leave a message and then they never call back.

Well, since that first tiny fill .4cc's. Yes, point 4. I have gone from feeling hungry all the time, to overeating, to undereating, to feeling stomach pain, Constipation, nausea, insomnia, headaches, and the latest, gas and shakiness. I am so depressed :wink2:. I guess it could be worse... no vomiting...

I don't know if I've lost any weight. Up to three days ago, I kept losing and gaining back 1-3 pounds. I started getting obsessed with the scale, so I threw it away and decided I would just do my best....

I've read on this forum about some people having problems like this. I guess I was hoping I would be one of the lucky ones and not have any problems and lose massive amounts of weight instantly!!!

Hope you're one of the lucky ones!! Oh, I also started feeling worse since I started taking an antibiotic for an eye infection. I don't know if it's coincidence or if that could be irritating my stomach. Antibiotics never gave me any stomach problems before..... I think I'll post that question....

aww sorry to hear that! yeah, I have not had many major problems, but thats bc I am not on solids yet.. Dr Ortiz has me on 21 liquids (NO MUSHIES) and I am not getting my first fill until 6 weeks. So i guess we will see then!

I have only lost 6 lbs, but I am trying not to focus on the scale since I am still healing and retaining fluids...

Are you taking your antibotics on an empty stomache? try having at least some orange juice or something or crackers? Maybe it is upsetting you stomache, like you said?

Edited by Agnes

I'm glad you haven't had any major problems. Sounds like a good plan to be on liquids for 21 days as it can avoid any possible complications. Are you going back to Dr. Ortiz for fills or will you have that done where you live?

I just looked up online side effects of the antibiotic I'm taking.... Duh, should have done that a week ago! It says it can cause nausea, vomiting and a bunch of other digestive problems.... I told my regular Dr. that I had the lap band. I even asked him if they were lap band friendly. I was referring to the size. He said yes. Well, there turned out to be giant horse pills, so I've been cutting them in half. So, being so huge and having digestive side effects doesn't sound to me like they are lap band friendly. Especially since my stomach is still healing....

Well, that actually makes me feel a little better. I was blaming everything on the lap band. Now, I can blame it on those pills!

A 6 pound weight loss is great Agnes :wink2:!! Funny how you say "only 6 pounds". But, I can totally relate...... I am never satisfied with my weight loss..... I guess I would be satisfied with 50 pounds in one month. OMG! I was watching the show "Big Medicine" and that's how much gastric bypass patients lose on their first month. Can you imagine? We would be at our goal after one month!!!

I'm glad you haven't had any major problems. Sounds like a good plan to be on liquids for 21 days as it can avoid any possible complications. Are you going back to Dr. Ortiz for fills or will you have that done where you live?

I just looked up online side effects of the antibiotic I'm taking.... Duh, should have done that a week ago! It says it can cause nausea, vomiting and a bunch of other digestive problems.... I told my regular Dr. that I had the lap band. I even asked him if they were lap band friendly. I was referring to the size. He said yes. Well, there turned out to be giant horse pills, so I've been cutting them in half. So, being so huge and having digestive side effects doesn't sound to me like they are lap band friendly. Especially since my stomach is still healing....

Well, that actually makes me feel a little better. I was blaming everything on the lap band. Now, I can blame it on those pills!

A 6 pound weight loss is great Agnes :wink2:!! Funny how you say "only 6 pounds". But, I can totally relate...... I am never satisfied with my weight loss..... I guess I would be satisfied with 50 pounds in one month. OMG! I was watching the show "Big Medicine" and that's how much gastric bypass patients lose on their first month. Can you imagine? We would be at our goal after one month!!!

YEAH! and have tons of saggy skin!!! LOL thats the negative side of gastric (i think) It's almost TOO fast... (cant believe i am even saying that, LOL)

I most likely will stay here for fills. I would LOVE to go to Dr Ortix for fills but I am on the east coast, so it really depends on cheap flight, $...etc. But I have several options here...

Yeah, I was told (as fat as neds go) ask if they have SMALL pills or in liquid form..they told me anything bigger than an advil is too big..

God! I just wanna fast forward 6 months!

check out my new ticker!

check out my new ticker!

Nice ticker!!

I have tried to make one, I must be doing something wrong because it just shows up as words...http stuff, not the ticker???? Where are you pasting it too??

Thanks for any assistance :Dancing_wub::smile:

Nice ticker!!

I have tried to make one, I must be doing something wrong because it just shows up as words...http stuff, not the ticker???? Where are you pasting it too??

Thanks for any assistance :):bored:

Mine did the same thing LOL... they are 2 different http addresses that it gives you at the end...try pasting the other one?