Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fabulous february friends

Hi Teacher07...

I was banded in February also but it doesn't look like I'm doing as well as you. I'm starting to get discouraged but I know I shouldn't. I keep telling myself I've lost almost 40 pounds and I should be happy but I've been stuck for about a month. Can you give me some of your secrets? What was your surgery date? Mine was Feb. 24th. By the way...I'm a teacher too! :smile:

Congrats 40lbs is awesome!( I didnt realize how awesome until I carried in a 30lb bag of litter the other day)(it was HEAVY) I had my surgery on February 4th and the first 2 months it just fell off for me. There was no secrets involved, I literally just followed their diet plan and I was losing about 5lbs per week. NOW HOWEVER, I have also been at a plateau for the past month. I just had another fill and FINALLY I have dropped 3 lbs and it is the first 3 lbs for a long time. I am hoping that it will keep going that way. Did you let your coworkers know you had the band done?

I only let my close personal friends at work know. Everyone has been very supportive. I went back for a workshop yesterday and had some say I looked good...well rested...did you change your hair...those kind of comments but no one asked if I had lost weight. It didn't help that the pants I wore are entirely too big and baggy. I'm not worried though...I know it will come off and come off for good.

Did you tell your coworkers? I'm hoping when school starts and I get back in a regular routine that I start seeing better results.

What do you teach?

Hi, was banded on Feb 18th - Have been hitting a plateau for the last month or so.

I have lost about 42 pounds.

I had my first fill (2 cc) about a month ago with no change in my weight. :-(

All the Best!

Edited by sahney

I know...it was so easy at first and now it's like I was never banded (except I'm not gaining). I'm trying not to get discouraged but it's hard. I've had two fills. The first I had hardly any restriction but lost weight. The second I've had plenty of restriction and lost no weight. I probably should get another fill before school starts but I've been so tight I hate to over fill and then have complications. Like with anything else I guess it's just trail and error.

hey guys. glad to hear from some other febrary bandsters. i was banded feb 24th. and i hae to say so far so good. i've lost 60lbs pounds so far. and i just bought my 1st size 10's since high school. im only 20lbs from goal!! i absolutely love my band. even with some of the problems that go with it i've never regretted my decision to be banded for a minute!!! good luck everyone. lets keep this thread going to keep each other updated and motivated to make our goals!!:lol:

I didnt mean for all of my coworkers to find out but they did. I guess it was the tell one tell all rule at my school because everyone found out and i couldnt hide it because I think the first 40lbs all came off my face:) I teach Title I and PE! It sounds like everyone is doing well, yes, I was rather aggressive with my fills and I think I am as tight as I am going to go. I think I have about 5.5cc in my band. Oh and to Jenn: size 10? That is AMAZING and you will reach goal within no time! Wow what an exciting thing for all of us to be going through.

It does suck having all your co-workers know, but in my case i kind of felt it was easier just to tell. im a nurse. i figured when i took 2 weeks off work and then came back dropping weight like crazy they would figure it out anyway. bariatric surgery seems very popular among nurses. maybe cuz we have the chance to regularly what a lifetime of obesity can lead to. i'd rather they know i had the surgery than all think im bulemic or anorexic. or smoking crack. lol i had a friend who hid her bypass at work and those were the most popular speculations for her sudden weight loss.

and as for losing in the face i can so relate! if you look in my progress pics i put up a close up pic from new years(my heaviest) and 1 from a few weeks ago. sometimes i dont even recognize myself. and you seem to be doing great at well 43 pounds is not too far to go!!