Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Possible Dilated Pouch?

I'm a little confused about this dilated pouch business. I saw my surgeon today because I've been having really bad acid reflux. My last fill was May 20th and I was perfectly fine up until the last 2ish weeks. I kept getting stuck and having acid and the feeling sometimes associated with acid reflux of the ball right in the back of the throat. If I took some tums or pepcid prior to eating I'd be fine up until the last few days. My surgeon said that acid reflux is a sign of being too tight and that she thinks my pouch may be dilated because of me being too tight. She completely unfilled me and put me on just liquids for 2 weeks (ugh) and I'm scheduled for a barium swallow on Monday morning. How did I end up being too tight weeks after the last fill? Has anyone else had this happen and did it clear up after liquids and an unfill?

The barium swallow went really badly today. They couldn't do the test. Within 5 minutes of swallowing it I ended up throwing it all back up it was so disgusting. I've also noticed that even on liquids I feel like my stomach is gonna pop when I'm eating. I'm really worried about a slip at this point. I'm going to call my surgeon and try to get a gastrografin swallow instead of the barium, I know I can handle gastrografin. In the meantime I'm totally freaking out.

You poor girl. That barium is hard enough to get down but to have it come back up.:bored:

I hope you are able to get in for your Gastografin quickly and that you get answers soon. Waiting in a situation like this is so hard.

I have the same problem, and my surgeon has suggested surgery again to fix the slippage. It sucks. I am uncomfortable and unable to eat regularly.

weight.png

Edited by meltingmegan

I am having a lot of issues as well. It feels really hard for me to breathe most of the time, my throat gurgles (even on just liquids) and I throw up almost daily. I do not have insurance or the money to go spend for the doctor visit. I have taken liberty to put myself on a full liquid diet and hopefully can get to the doctor within a month or so.

Today is my first full day on liquids and I am feeling better but still having all types of noises. How can that be with only liquid? ?

I am scared and needing to know what is going on in my stomach.

I understand your frustration. After having my band loose for surgery I got into bad habits again. I went in for full and pouch was stretched out. Dr said I could let more out and do 2 weeks of mushies. This was to avoid having surgery again. I did it and went back in, all was well and he did a small fill. I still did not have much restriction and went back to eating too much. After 4 weeks went back and pouch was stretched out AGAIN. I am now on mushies for a week and then he will try to do a fill. I can tell when I start having heartburn and feeling like my stomach is twisted that I have pushed my limit on eating. You would think I learned my lesson the first time but obviously not. I am really going to work on small portions and eating slowly. Good Luck to you. Hopefully you can fix yours with a switch in diet.

texa-sonja

Hey there everyone i was wondering if you were back to normal after being on mushies for 2 weeks. I went to get

a fill today and found out that i had a dialated pouch, i'm was told to go to liquids for a week and go back next wednesday to check it again. I'm so stressed about this:crying: i have not had any acid reflux, I was tight for awhile after my last fill but here lately I have been able to eat more that usual I just thought that I needed a fill. So much for that:confused:. I would really like to know how everyone recovered from this.

Olie1964:tongue_smilie:

I felt better for all of a day. My surgeon is telling me because I have a realize band there's 2cc that they can never take out. Never heard that before. She put 1cc in and I was back in the office less than an hour later with the same symptoms. She took half out and I was fine. Now I'm right back to where I started. I'm seriously considering getting this thing out of me and getting a sleeve. I told her this and she said "well if your sleeve is too tight we can't fix it! it's permanent!". I have never ever ever heard of a "too tight" sleeve.

How long have you been dealing with this and why hasn't it gone back to normal? Was it from being to tight? I never hear about this before there was probabally some small print that I did not see! I have never heard of a sleeve being to tight either. Were you self pay or did insurance cover it?